Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 06-22-2020, 02:36 AM   #1
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

Hong Kong Software Program

Hi ya all

Does anyone know of a commercial program (other than Quick Horse), that processes horse performance, from races in Hong Kong, with elements for analysis?

I've looked around and the only other thing I see, is of course, Bender, the famous billionaire, which obviously isn't available for commercial use.

Another question, is racing still profitable in the US? I see the contrast between Hong Kong and the US, and it seems things are diminishing for US racing, and Hong Kong seems to be the "hot spot", with large entrants, large handles, lots of Turf, free info, etc. Would it be better to start looking into the
opportunities of racing in the US or Hong Kong? (I've been away from racing for several years) Thinking of starting again, but should I put my "eggs" in the US basket or "eggs" in the Hong Kong basket?

I'm not sure I have the ability to generate a program from the info. in Hong Kong. I do a little in Excel, but not exceedingly talented in that arena.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated, I'm at a cross roads here, of making some decisions which way to go.
crestridge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2020, 04:44 PM   #2
Nitro

Having been deeply involved with HK racing for the last 5 years I wouldn’t think twice about which route to take.

In fact, because you’re located in CA you have a much better way of dealing with the time difference than I do here in NY. It's the only negative thing I’ve had to deal with, but even so its well worth the inconvenience.

Sorry I can’t help you with a handicapping program that’s specifically for HK racing. However, there’s a wealth of information on the HK Jockey Club Web site. I personally don’t bother with any handicapping.

Occasionally a few of us will post our selections on the following on-going thread:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=154102

BTW I’m not sure if you realize it but the current 2019-2020 HK racing meet will be ending in July and re-open again in September.
GL
Nick
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2020, 06:32 PM   #3
Ted Craven

Crestridge, I also am very happy with the state of Hong Kong racing, but alas, using home-grown tools. I don't know of any public software to recommend for Hong Kong analysis.

However, I am also optimistic about North American racing despite rumours of (and repeated attempts at) its demise. You just need to find the right tools, master them, develop a solid betting stance, the right attitude, then keep working it.

There are plenty more software programs for NA, so unless you are prepared to do serious R&D from the ground up for HK, I'd consider spending the same financial, intellectual and time capital on this side of the Pacific.

You could always try to piggy-back on Nitro's 3-MTP selections in that Hong Kong thread he mentioned, perhaps as a 2-pronged approach. Not sure what he (or you) would think about that.

For HK, the West-coast timezone thing works in your favour on Saturday nights (you start at 9-10pm-ish PT instead of midnight to 1am ET), but against you on Wednesday mornings (you start at 2:30-3:30am-ish PT instead of 5:30-6:30 am ET) Depending on Daylight Savings Time changes each half year in North America. Though if you're making money, you get used to it ...

Good luck!

Ted

Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2020, 11:44 PM   #4
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

Ted/Nitro

Thanks so much for your input, it'd nice to hear from those who have their "foot" "over there".

I have a methodology for US, I use some very robust software that most people are aware of here, but because of all the small fields, and cost for data, HG looks like an opportunity, but it looks like, "roll your own", mostly. Which isn't bad, really, but I also can renew some stuff here, which is quality software, and in many ways would be easier. I suppose, one could postpone HK (keep on the "back burner" so to speak) and cont. here. Thanks for lettin' me mull this over in my mind. You guys are very helpful.

I was wondering if others, out there, are contemplating the same pathway?

Take care, hope all is well with everyone!!!
crestridge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: