Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 05-25-2020, 01:33 PM   #61
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
That is exactly it, there are many different ways to approach different races depending on surface, distance, class, weather, etc. There is also so much to look at on the various screens that one has a tendency to fixate on one or two things while ignoring some others. The curve for me was mostly learning to stay off bad bets, the software gives VIP horses on most every race (VIP=value investment potential), but it is just that......potential. This software is simply a tool and everyone uses it differently I am sure.

What I like is that I can quickly sort what I consider playable races from the fluff. For example, I think there are 44 races being run today, and only 11 of them are worth looking at from a pace handicapping standpoint. Of those 11, I am looking at only one race, before I see the odds board, still could make other bets depending on the odds.

CD5: #1Conquest Lemonraid 10-1MLO and 5-1 on the valuecapper line, based on the fact this one comes off a layoff and out of conditioned claimers I would want at least 10-1 to bet it.
great !!!

MP makes his own figs....how much is the monthly cost?

Thx for the Race 5..its my race of the day post..

lets cash in...
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2020, 01:45 PM   #62
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
great !!!

MP makes his own figs....how much is the monthly cost?

Thx for the Race 5..its my race of the day post..

lets cash in...

$124 I think, all tracks. For me its worth it, for the casual player probably not. Saves me a ton of handicapping time, like I said, its not for everybody. Good Luck today!!
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2020, 01:56 PM   #63
lefty359

The casual player can still get data for any of Pizzolla's software for $1.50 per trk pr day.
lefty359 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2020, 11:42 PM   #64
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
This is just my opinion on what you said and the way I see it...

You say big learning curve....since the program doesnt let you weigh or create factors or use a database , then why do you say it takes long?

Does his videos give you many scenarios that maybe learning them all takes time?

thxs

mike
Did you get a chance to see the videos of the valuecapping basic training course? In videos 3 & 4 he showed how things worked. Having black magic awhile ago I know the user has zero idea of what factors are used for the odds line. The user cannot change whatever factors use used. The only thing you can do is change the bias of the race from early, neutral or late. It will keep a database of the results charts for making track profiles. As far as I know there are no trainer stats in the software.
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2020, 07:14 AM   #65
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
Did you get a chance to see the videos of the valuecapping basic training course? In videos 3 & 4 he showed how things worked. Having black magic awhile ago I know the user has zero idea of what factors are used for the odds line. The user cannot change whatever factors use used. The only thing you can do is change the bias of the race from early, neutral or late. It will keep a database of the results charts for making track profiles. As far as I know there are no trainer stats in the software.
This is correct, and I have found it is better not to make to many changes to the program. The settings are pretty good right out of the box, so to speak. There is much more you can change than race bias though. You can change default handicapping mode, you can change the timeframe you consider to be a layoff or a long layoff. You can toggle on/off aberrancy checking, use turf line in dirt races, layoff checking. you can change the number of lines the program uses from last race only to WOW(wide open window all races) and anywhere in between.
It is true, I have no idea what factors go into this oddsline and they cannot be changed. That being said, it is without a doubt the best oddlines I have ever used.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:03 AM   #66
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
Thxs SF...

FRom all the Rants he gives....I figured that was the way it worked.

With hardly no customization and no way to track things outside of the program and no re searchable info ..I find the price plus the monthly fees kind of high for , lets say, a complicated PP's...
It may work for most people, dont get me wrong , but from my point and watching his videos over the years ...thats a lot for what you get.

Last edited by mikesal57; 05-26-2020 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:29 AM   #67
mhaney0423

Quote:
Thxs SF...

FRom all the Rants he gives....I figured that was the way it worked.

With hardly no customization and no way to track things outside of the program and no re searchable info ..I find the price plus the monthly fees kind of high for , lets say, a complicated PP's...
It may work for most people, dont get me wrong , but from my point and watching his videos over the years ...thats a lot for what you get.
Yes, it is a lot, but the software can be paid for with one decent score, paid for mine this way the first month I had it. To each his own though, I agree, the price tag is not for everyone.

Best,

Matt
Old 05-26-2020, 09:34 AM   #68
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Yes, it is a lot, but the software can be paid for with one decent score, paid for mine this way the first month I had it. To each his own though, I agree, the price tag is not for everyone.

Best,

Matt
Thx Matt for not getting defensive like others would have

you were able to make that big hit while some didnt and likewise tossed it.

Mike

PS- Would like to see some races put up and you talk about it for fun...
Old 05-26-2020, 11:49 AM   #69
mhaney0423

Quote:
Thx Matt for not getting defensive like others would have

you were able to make that big hit while some didnt and likewise tossed it.

Mike

PS- Would like to see some races put up and you talk about it for fun...
Hey, no problem, no use getting angry about something like handicapping software or methods. Handicapping is subjective and ever changing, which is what makes it great. Hell if we all agreed, no one would ever make money.

I had a very bad day handicapping yesterday from a win standpoint, a big 0 for 5, so I don't have much to show as far as the process goes lol. I did get lucky and still come out ahead with an exacta saver in CD10th, I liked the 9 who I bet to win and ran it ran second which was better than the thirds I had ran all day previous lol. At any rate, did an All/9 1$ exacta saver, which is a concept I learned from Michaels videos. What Michael calls Mr. Random (#10@40-1) won the race and paid a nice $348 and change to keep me in the black for the day.

052520TS.JPG
Old 05-26-2020, 12:02 PM   #70
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Hey, no problem, no use getting angry about something like handicapping software or methods. Handicapping is subjective and ever changing, which is what makes it great. Hell if we all agreed, no one would ever make money.

I had a very bad day handicapping yesterday from a win standpoint, a big 0 for 5, so I don't have much to show as far as the process goes lol. I did get lucky and still come out ahead with an exacta saver in CD10th, I liked the 9 who I bet to win and ran it ran second which was better than the thirds I had ran all day previous lol. At any rate, did an All/9 1$ exacta saver, which is a concept I learned from Michaels videos. What Michael calls Mr. Random (#10@40-1) won the race and paid a nice $348 and change to keep me in the black for the day.

Attachment 27426
Nice hit Matt!!!

Any time you wanna put up a race from the start ..please do
Old 05-26-2020, 12:52 PM   #71
lefty359

This has turned into a very good thread. Instructive too...
Old 05-26-2020, 01:00 PM   #72
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
This has turned into a very good thread. Instructive too...
Hey Left...thxs

BTW...didnt you have VC before?

Wanna talk about it?
Old 05-26-2020, 01:13 PM   #73
mhaney0423

Quote:
Nice hit Matt!!!

Any time you wanna put up a race from the start ..please do
Be glad to, but you are not going to be impressed with my Win% ~ 7-9% normally, in other words, Im gonna give you at least 90% losers LOL
Old 05-26-2020, 01:40 PM   #74
lefty359

Quote:
Hey Left...thxs

BTW...didnt you have VC before?

Wanna talk about it?

Yes, did. I think I might have given up on it too soon. I tried to many things, reversals,etc.
Old 05-26-2020, 01:42 PM   #75
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Be glad to, but you are not going to be impressed with my Win% ~ 7-9% normally, in other words, Im gonna give you at least 90% losers LOL
No problem here..

hey I got a thread Lets Cap Fonner 8TH 5/26/20

How about putting up your screen shots?

I hope its the #10 ...LOL

Mike