Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:24 PM   #2086
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
According to SEC 13G filings, he hasn't bought any shares on the open market since 12/2015. He did acquire 4.1 million shares recently at $0.0 cost per share. Since it didn't indicate an options exercise, assuming it may have been some form of compensation deal in his contract. He pretty much owns the entire 20% of the shares by insiders. Do you have any info. on where and how he bought 3 million shares? None of my sources have any reference to that.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...F345X03/a4.xml
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2020, 02:28 PM   #2087
lamboguy

if you look all the way down to the left you will see McEwen's name. the address is corporate headquarters for MUX even though its a United States Corporation.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:16 PM   #2088
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
if you look all the way down to the left you will see McEwen's name. the address is corporate headquarters for MUX even though its a United States Corporation.
Ok, it looks like he bought 100,000 shares privately for 1.27 CAD, and acquired 2.947 million shares by transferring them from a wholly owned corporation to #21903030 (himself), with no change in pecuniary interest. He is an insider in other corp's., maybe the major share holder, so he transferred them from that corp to himself. Not an insider buying. I'll let it drop now. I hope it goes up, or whichever way you're playing it.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 07-07-2020 at 05:18 PM.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2020, 06:40 PM   #2089
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Ok, it looks like he bought 100,000 shares privately for 1.27 CAD, and acquired 2.947 million shares by transferring them from a wholly owned corporation to #21903030 (himself), with no change in pecuniary interest. He is an insider in other corp's., maybe the major share holder, so he transferred them from that corp to himself. Not an insider buying. I'll let it drop now. I hope it goes up, or whichever way you're playing it.
he did buy the millions that i am talking about, he bought more after the buy that i posted. the reason he did was to support the stock to make sure it stays over $1.00 so it doesn't get delisted from the New York stock exchange. he will keep buying if it drops under a buck again.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:11 PM   #2090
Ocala Mike

Maybe he should do a reverse split. Worked for TNDM and NVAX in recent memory.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2020, 02:12 AM   #2091
lamboguy

Robinhood participation is way up on this stock as well.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:42 AM   #2092
lamboguy

China gave us the corona

and their markets look poised to explode topside.

we got 10 stocks that keep going up, they got thousands. we got thousands that look like they will go BK.

China keeps building new airports and infrastructure, we have one airport that has been rebuilt in the last 25 years, Laguardia. (about time).
Old 07-08-2020, 10:14 AM   #2093
lamboguy

Walgreen's going to take 1/4 of their stores and sticking a medical office in it. this is going to raise the square foot value of those stores. if you go to your doctor there, you get your prescription filled on the same trip. that got to be big in my opinion.

wallmart is going to give amazon a little run for their money now. they are going to tackle the online business in a big way.

both these are big deals to me.
Old 07-10-2020, 03:00 AM   #2094
lamboguy

i went to my Toyota dealership yesterday to get some papers i need to prove i traded a car in for my excise tax bill.

my salesman was let go and the owner of the place was sitting in the main desk on the showroom. so i went to him to ask for the copy of my trade in. i asked him how business was, he said terrible. not that he hasn't got interested buyers, he doesn't have cars to sell.

the problem comes down to Toyota cutting him way back on his allotment. he is now paying more for his cars and in turn he selling for much higher prices. the example is that the $26,000 camry i bought in March for $18,000, he is selling for $28,000.

instead of keeping a full sales staff, he let them go and hired clerks to write the deals with a set price. that saves him about $1000 per car. but he was selling about 300 new cars per month, now he is under 100 with the same overhead.

he also cut back on the service department because less people are bringing their cars in to get serviced there. you can generally get work done on a car from an outside mechanic for about 1.3rd as much as a dealer charges. most people are out of work and they have the time to go somewhere else for their service.

anyway the reason why the factory isn't making enough cars is because they can't get all the parts they need to build a car, they are coming from overseas.

this leads me to think that once this virus is gone, we are going to build more plants in this country so that we are not going to be vulnerable to foreign factories. they are going to be able to run these plants for the most part with robots. with the robots, it won't cost anymore to manufacture than what it would cost abroad. no doubt the robots will be taxed the same as a human that would have performed that work.

in 10-15 years our economy should look like a balance of service and manufacturing. because of all the space and raw materials, this country could be stronger than any other place in the world. maybe this is why i have been wrong about the equity markets for the past 3 months. this economy could come roaring back bigger and better than ever before with some good political leadership.

throughout time, gold has always been cyclical. right now it sure as hell looks like you want to own gold instead of paper. but this won't last forever. gold is a great store of wealth, but you always are going to need currency to spend your wealth.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:56 AM   #2095
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i went to my Toyota dealership yesterday to get some papers i need to prove i traded a car in for my excise tax bill.

my salesman was let go and the owner of the place was sitting in the main desk on the showroom. so i went to him to ask for the copy of my trade in. i asked him how business was, he said terrible. not that he hasn't got interested buyers, he doesn't have cars to sell.

the problem comes down to Toyota cutting him way back on his allotment. he is now paying more for his cars and in turn he selling for much higher prices. the example is that the $26,000 camry i bought in March for $18,000, he is selling for $28,000.

instead of keeping a full sales staff, he let them go and hired clerks to write the deals with a set price. that saves him about $1000 per car. but he was selling about 300 new cars per month, now he is under 100 with the same overhead.

he also cut back on the service department because less people are bringing their cars in to get serviced there. you can generally get work done on a car from an outside mechanic for about 1.3rd as much as a dealer charges. most people are out of work and they have the time to go somewhere else for their service.

anyway the reason why the factory isn't making enough cars is because they can't get all the parts they need to build a car, they are coming from overseas.

this leads me to think that once this virus is gone, we are going to build more plants in this country so that we are not going to be vulnerable to foreign factories. they are going to be able to run these plants for the most part with robots. with the robots, it won't cost anymore to manufacture than what it would cost abroad. no doubt the robots will be taxed the same as a human that would have performed that work.

in 10-15 years our economy should look like a balance of service and manufacturing. because of all the space and raw materials, this country could be stronger than any other place in the world. maybe this is why i have been wrong about the equity markets for the past 3 months. this economy could come roaring back bigger and better than ever before with some good political leadership.

throughout time, gold has always been cyclical. right now it sure as hell looks like you want to own gold instead of paper. but this won't last forever. gold is a great store of wealth, but you always are going to need currency to spend your wealth.
First off....I dont give 2 shits for Dealers...they are some of the biggest crooks out there.....Dont feel bad for the owners they have plenty of money..
Second....Virus gone ??? Its gonna be news for months , years to come...
Third....The market will eventually wake up and see whats happening around them....profits will dwindle in most industries....

I own Apple stock.....my question is whats gonna happen when people cant afford a $1200 IPhone? Their smart move was getting the SE out there at $400....but that will not keep their profits from dwindling too..

I'm just waiting till bad news on revenues hits all industries
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2020, 09:22 AM   #2096
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
First off....I dont give 2 shits for Dealers...they are some of the biggest crooks out there.....Dont feel bad for the owners they have plenty of money..
Second....Virus gone ??? Its gonna be news for months , years to come...
Third....The market will eventually wake up and see whats happening around them....profits will dwindle in most industries....

I own Apple stock.....my question is whats gonna happen when people cant afford a $1200 IPhone? Their smart move was getting the SE out there at $400....but that will not keep their profits from dwindling too..

I'm just waiting till bad news on revenues hits all industries
i don't feel bad for dealers either! the camry i bought that had a sticker of $26,000 cost the dealer about $12,000. but they do have overhead. their service departments are the real jokes. they try to charge people over $800 for a break job that you can probably get done for under $200 in a place that doesn't have a nice waiting room with free coffee and donuts.

as long as the fed can keep pumping money into the system, the stocks will continue to go up. when they run out of ways to manufacture money they will go kaput. who knows when that day will be though?

Last edited by lamboguy; 07-10-2020 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:51 AM   #2097
lamboguy

fake gold in china

Katusa's Investment Insights

July 10, 2020
Banking on a Bluff: The Biggest Gold Scam in Modern History
By Katusa Research

I’m sure you’re well aware, gold has been on a tear and has broken above $1,800 per ounce.

Every goldbug on the planet is excited and salivating at the mouth…

Except for a group of bankers who accidentally got caught up in the greatest modern-day gold racket. For them, their gold bars aren’t worth $1,800 per ounce, but more like $2.75 per pound.

If you’ve watched a lot of western movies, you’ve seen it before...

Before believing that the coin he’s just been handed is truly gold, a cowboy bites into it.

The idea behind this test is that if the coin is truly gold, the pressure of the teeth will leave an impression on the coin.

Over the years, there have been other tests to verify whether gold is truly gold.

Primitive tests relied on scratching the metal or even drilling tiny holes in coins for a glimpse inside. In more modern history, chemical tests and even ultrasounds have been used to make sure gold bars aren’t just plated.

Then and now, people have had the good common sense to try before they trust.

With today’s technology, no one should be getting fooled.

The Kingold Saga: Scam of the Century?

Kingold Jewelry is a NASDAQ-listed company, based in the city of Wuhan (of coronavirus infamy).

The company began as a gold factory and was previously affiliated with the People’s Bank of China.

It grew to become one of China’s largest gold jewelry manufacturers. And boasts both national and international dealings on its website.

According to public records, Kingold began borrowing using gold as collateral in 2013. The company’s debt continued to climb every year. Eventually, Kingold pledged 2.7 million ounces of gold in total, worth about US$4.8 billion today.

Kingold not only offered the gold as collateral, but even had its gold inspected by government certification offices and insured for US$4.3 billion by a state-owned insurance company.

It seemed foolproof.

Suspiciously, all of Kingold’s lenders came from trusts and banks outside its own province of Hubei.

You’d think a billion dollar a year business would have bank accounts set up in its own home region.

How Was the Fraud Discovered?

In late 2019, Kingold failed to repay a debt owed to a creditor, Dongguan Trust.

Like with all collateralized debts gone awry, Dongguan took possession of Kingold’s gold that had been pledged as collateral.

When the Trust went to monetize the gold to cover the loan, they discovered that those bright shiny gold bars were actually copper bars wrapped in gold.
Shocked at the revelation, other creditors began to scramble to check their own collateral.

One-by-one, they found out the gold they held was also copper. They had been fooled by an age-old trick on a massive modern-day scale.

Company chairman Jia Zhihong is a controlling shareholder of the company and former military man. At 59, he’s been described as a bold and intimidating person.

During his time in the military, he served in Wuhan and Guangzhou. And later in life, he managed gold mines owned by the People’s Liberation Army – the armed forces of the People's Republic of China.

In short, he’s a guy with some serious connections and is not someone you want to offend.

Which Banks Are Exposed to the Kingold Scam?

Is it just a fluke that most of Kingold’s credit came from places outside its home province?

Not likely.

One source in China says it was well known within their home province of Hubei that Kingold was really “KinCopper”.

Local banks and other financial institutions avoided doing business with Kingold. And almost none of them were involved in financing Kingold… though they kept quiet because nobody wanted to offend chairman Jia Zhihong publicly.

Here are the trusts and banks most exposed to Kingold…

To put into perspective just how much debt we’re talking about…
The 2.9 million ounces of fake gold in question represents 22% of China’s 2019 gold output. That’s about 4.2% of the country’s gold reserve.
Of course, Kingold took out an insurance policy worth US$4.3 billion on the gold they pledged as collateral, through state-owned PICC Property & Casualty. It’s the largest non-life insurance company on the Chinese mainland.

Though the pricing on the policy falls a bit short of the full value of the gold, getting back US$1,460 an ounce is still better than getting back $2.75 a pound.

As of early June, two of the above companies, Minsheng Trust and Dongguan Trust, and a smaller creditor named Chang’An Trust filed lawsuits against Kingold. And they asked PICC P&C to cover their losses.

Remarkably, Chairman Jia still denies the gold is fake.

After the fraud was discovered, he’s has been quoted as saying, “How could it be fake if insurance companies agreed to cover it?”

You have to admit, it’s a really clever way of answering the question.

The Kingold Red Flag

The red flag should’ve been in how Kingold dealt with Hengfeng Bank, the only commercial bank among Kingold’s creditors.

Access to the pledged gold and testing procedures were controlled by Kingold.

Without a third-party, how could Hengfeng Bank possibly conduct proper due diligence?

Further, the loan officer who wrote the loan at Hengfeng didn’t have the cleanest track record. He was already under investigation in 2018.

Who knows how long Kingold would have gotten away with this deception had they not defaulted on their loan to Dongguan Trust.

But, remember how these financial institutions are trying to go after Kingold’s insurance company, PICC P&C?

As it turns out, getting the money from the insurance to replace the collateral won’t happen without a legal battle.

PICC P&C is arguing that the policies they hold are only to cover collateral losses – accident, theft, and disasters, but NOT fraud.

So how many people are in cahoots here? Surely a few.

Good as Gold

The bigger question remains. Is this con a stand-alone crime or is it part of a commonplace scheme?

How many other loans from how many other companies are built on fake collateral?

And the true elephant in the room: how much of China’s gold reserves are “gold plated”?

In 2016, a similar gold fraud case occurred in neighboring Shaanxi province. A US$2.8 million loan backed by gold as collateral turned black… tungsten black, in fact.

When the loan was defaulted on, the financial institution involved, Tongguan Co-Op, found that the bars pledged for that loan were actually only 36.5% gold. Tungsten plate was found underneath the thin gold veneer.

Tongguan Co-op would go on to find 46 tons, or 1.5 million ounces, of fake gold on its balance sheet.

The initial incidence of this single bad loan led to the discovery of fake gold in the coffers of 19 different lenders throughout the Shaanxi and adjacent Henan provinces.
The total amount of compromised collateral was worth US$2.7 billion – the largest gold fraud scandal in China before the Kingold affair.
That’s up to 130 tons of gold compromised between Tongguan and Kingold alone.

Who knows how many other tons of fake gold could be hiding amongst China’s 1,950 tons of gold reserve.

Gold is at an all-time high right now as investors look for a solid footing in insecure times.

But gold is only good if it’s truly good as gold.

Be careful where you purchase your bullion and how you invest.

Regards,

Katusa Research
Old 07-10-2020, 10:08 AM   #2098
mikesal57
Veteran

What about where were they getting the copper from.....

That is an awful lot of copper they needed.....

and did anyone question that....

everyone is a crook!!!!

and PA blasts me for wanting a free PP

Last edited by mikesal57; 07-10-2020 at 10:09 AM.
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2020, 10:18 AM   #2099
lamboguy

if Tesla shows a profit on earnings day this month

they will be allowed to be listed on the S+P 500,

last time this happened was in 1999 with Yahoo. Yahoo shares went up 40%, this is because every fund in the world that mirrors that index is obligated to buy this equity.

this could easily happen with Tesla
Old 07-10-2020, 02:30 PM   #2100
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
What about where were they getting the copper from.....

That is an awful lot of copper they needed.....

and did anyone question that....

everyone is a crook!!!!

and PA blasts me for wanting a free PP

Still an idiot I see.

I never blasted you for "wanting a free PP"

Shove it....hard...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: