Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:40 PM   #16
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut
It gets better. If you have a coupon you get it for $5.00 less.

I have a copy and haven't given it much time but from the one time I used it, I was impressed.
It's an excellent contender selector.
Spot plays are the real value of this software.

Well worth the price and fun to use.
Mike, the author gives great support,
I do not have it but I value your feedback. Thanks for providing it and have a good holiday Bill.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2015, 10:22 PM   #17
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG
I do not have it but I value your feedback. Thanks for providing it and have a good holiday Bill.

Jim
Jim, thanks for the good wishes. I wish you the same.
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2015, 03:10 AM   #18
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz
I have version 2.1, seems like he added a few new features. For such a cheapo price, I think that I might purchase ver. 2.2.
attn Nutz.. right off the Jim Robins review onsite: "future upgrades are free"

info@TheeTopThree.Com

Merry Christmas

Good Luck

-NCG☮
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2015, 03:45 AM   #19
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

UltimateBetter Actually if any body has any Play Module setting it would be nice to share so I Can tweek with it .

green80 How do you determine TTT's best bets?

Sparky What is the "tweaking" you refer to above? I have this
program also.

Doesn't seem like anyone else has bothered with the "tweaking' part of this program. I'm only interested in the at-a-glance summary, which is bad-a$$ for us regular-guy handicappers.

I've e-mailed the proprietor of this program, told him of the interest in his tweaking module (I was hesitant to provide his link since he isn't a paid advertiser--it's already up, so what the heck) He hasn't gotten back to me yet--You can always e-mail Mike at the website.
If anyone does TWEAK this program---and wants to explain it---go for it. You have the floor...
There's no racing today, it's after midnite here in Oakland, Ca...I'm gonna mess with this program and come up with a $$$ spot play. I'll post later on.

Thanks for the feedback partsnut--info on the $5 coupon, please?

Merry Christmas All

-NCG☮
Old 12-25-2015, 04:56 AM   #20
IrishRail76

I have written hardcopy reviews for ten years and two books of my own along the way, including one that wins the Pick 3 over 57% of the time.

I remember "Thee Top Three" for two reasons: I had watched the author of the program and the program itself "grow" through years of improvement, including two versions; and, on top of getting more accurate, the author was a great guy to work with and his product continued to pay off.

As aforementioned in this thread, the price is very, very reasonable, whether you use the program as a quick way to grab contenders, or as a quick way to check out an angle play. It also responds well to tweaking.

As we all know, some software is more accurate at particular tracks. Once you find the tracks that work best for you, just break them down into their best performing races, for example three year olds on dirt at 6f. Find what works for you (playing on paper), then keep tweaking.

Also, at the time, developers were beginning to write for Windows 7 and up, which made the software easy to use, plus able to move into the future easier. This makes it a good "long-term player" for the user.

Giving it a "strong 8" in a 1 - 9 scale was a strong endorsement, but the software and author earned it honestly and through hard work.

Just wanted to chime in. Please enjoy a safe and wonderful holiday season.
IrishRail76 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2015, 06:28 AM   #21
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
attn Nutz.. right off the Jim Robins review onsite: "future upgrades are free"

info@TheeTopThree.Com

Merry Christmas

Good Luck

-NCG☮
I received the upgrade including the new track abbreviations ,last year on a CD sent without even asking!
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2015, 10:17 AM   #22
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishRail76
I have written hardcopy reviews for ten years and two books of my own along the way, including one that wins the Pick 3 over 57% of the time.

I remember "Thee Top Three" for two reasons: I had watched the author of the program and the program itself "grow" through years of improvement, including two versions; and, on top of getting more accurate, the author was a great guy to work with and his product continued to pay off.

As aforementioned in this thread, the price is very, very reasonable, whether you use the program as a quick way to grab contenders, or as a quick way to check out an angle play. It also responds well to tweaking.

As we all know, some software is more accurate at particular tracks. Once you find the tracks that work best for you, just break them down into their best performing races, for example three year olds on dirt at 6f. Find what works for you (playing on paper), then keep tweaking.

Also, at the time, developers were beginning to write for Windows 7 and up, which made the software easy to use, plus able to move into the future easier. This makes it a good "long-term player" for the user.

Giving it a "strong 8" in a 1 - 9 scale was a strong endorsement, but the software and author earned it honestly and through hard work.

Thxs for the review...If you can remember, how is the tweaking part of this program..like what is tweak able...??

mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2015, 10:42 AM   #23
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57
Thxs for the review...If you can remember, how is the tweaking part of this program..like what is tweak able...??

mike
There no settings that can be changed for the automatic part of the program that I know of
There is manual data entry available, but most or all of that is in the Bris file, so I'm lost on tweaking
Old 12-25-2015, 01:17 PM   #24
Partsnut
BetMix User

Here's a link to the one and only track that i looked at:

If you will notice the top 4 contenders and the order of finish
For each individual race.

Here is the race day summary file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz7...p=docslist_api

Characteristically, FLX is a chalk track.
This file was no exception.

Last edited by Partsnut; 12-25-2015 at 01:20 PM.
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2015, 02:07 PM   #25
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishRail76

Curious Irish about the name of your Pic 3 book---I'm a sucker for any book that claims to "win the Pick 3 over 57% of the time" seriously wanna know more

**Also---I have the THEE TOP THREE spot play...it's for AQ--I gotta run right now, but will post when I get back.
Have a good one yall
-NCG
Old 12-26-2015, 03:54 AM   #26
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

AQ SPOT PLAY

This spot play is to be used with THEE TOP THREE software program, at Aqueduct. It doesn't win everday, and there isn't a play everday. You can loosen it up if you prefer--I've got it as loose as I care to go, right now....sure, there will be more "action" if you want to adjust the rules, but also the ROI will take a hit.
I have Bris files from the last 7 racing days, so will give the rules first, then the plays. Then we'll take a look at the Spot Plays for Saturday's AQ card

*Big Winner Spot Play*

--In the SUMMARY SECTION sort the WINS, so you have the horse with most WINS per race on top--at least 3, or pass race- do not go to next horse
-Trainer OR Jockey must have 15% wins on year, & combo total 25%
-ML must be 5/2+ or pass
-In the event more than 1 contender tied in wins, meets the T/J screen &ML screen, take the highest TTT rated horse as your selection.

-At least 5 horses must be rated for the race to be playable--usually means
fts, overseas, distances, whatever, something we don't need to waste time looking at---less than 5--skip it.

Here are the plays

12/12
8th SMITTEN BY GOLD 15-1 TRAINER 26% JOCKEY 22% WINS 9 FIN OUT
12/13
6TH LOTSA NOODLES 5/2 T-20% J-19% 10WINS FIN 2ND
7TH BIG DELUXE 3-1 T-20% J-17% 11 WINS $4.10
8TH PERFECT FREUD 12-1 J-17% T-8% 4WINS $22.00

Let me stop here--you probably are thinking "way to make your spot play fit PERFECT FREUD" Yeah but if you'll notice, Freud's jockey has twice the win % of his 8% trainer, nothing to scoff at... EPS is decent, no one has a better recency score, so at 12-1 ML...a good bet. Although this is a mechanical spot play, a little quick 'capping never hurts. This one DOES fit on the 15% t/j rule perfectly.

12/16
5th BUG JUICE 6-1 T-15% J-18% 13WINS $18.80
7TH RICO CAPOTE 5/2 T-23% J-18% 10WINS $6.10

12/17
6TH SACRED SUCCESS 5/2 T-11% J-15% WINS 7 FIN OUT
7TH SUN AND MOON 6-1 T-23% J-20% 6 WINS FIN OUT

12/18
2ND SWAKOPMUND 6-1 T-11% J-15% 6WINS FIN OUT
7TH CHAIRMAN NOW 10-1 T-23% J-18% 14WINS $11.20

12/19
3RD DRUMROLL 20-1 T-23% J-10% WINS43RD $10.00 SHOW

12/20
2ND FRAZIL 8-1 T-18% J-17% 18WINS FIN 3RD
8TH BOND VIGILANTE 10-1 T-14% J-17% 6WINS $19.40*

Another interesting race....3 horses tied with 6 wins, all 3 met the T/J req, all 3 met the ML req--so we went to the final tiebreaker once again--the TTT highest rating--BOND VIGILANTE easily was tops, and scored a nice $19.40 payoff.

As I mentioned, this is a mechanical spot play, but never hurts to do a little 'capping while you're looking anyway.

Here's Saturday's Spot Plays for AQ just to get you up to speed, and make sure you understand the method:

4TH NON STOP 15-1 T-18% J-21% 10WINS If you're capping TTT style, you'll see this one's the top class horse & has 5 recency points.

6th STREET SHARK 5-1 T-9% J-15% 8WINS Hi TTT rating, way hi class points, good wager if that ML holds

7th SUPER NICKY 6-1 T-23% J-13% 5WINS In here because it fits the method, lawdy daaa.

8th One glance & can see 1 horse is a millionaire--"our" kind of 'capping doesn't work w/ millionaires
Good Luck today

-NCG
Old 12-26-2015, 08:09 AM   #27
Jingle

Wink

I'm rooting for you Greg. Good Luck.

Any idea how Daddy's Thief in the 7th scored with your spot play? My neighbor owns him. ML 9-5.

Last edited by Jingle; 12-26-2015 at 08:14 AM.
Jingle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2015, 09:23 AM   #28
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingle
I'm rooting for you Greg. Good Luck.

Any idea how Daddy's Thief in the 7th scored with your spot play? My neighbor owns him. ML 9-5.
TY jingle....Daddy's Thief is maybe the main reason I was a little blaise' about the spot-play qualifier, Super Nicky's chances. Thief' appears to be the one to beat, tops on TTT, prime power, and speed points. He does have some red flags from a betting standpoint, so your owner friend should know more after this race.

Good luck

-NCG
Old 12-26-2015, 09:57 AM   #29
mikesal57
Veteran

In the 7th Race.....I know J&T numbers are good...
But do you think its stretching it , going down to a horse in 5TH position??
I had someone run this for me but you have been working with this for a while...
How often does a horse out of the Top Three win?

thxs
Mike

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (109.1 KB, 416 views)
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #30
upthecreek

#3 comes up my top Tips play if that means anything

Attached Images
File Type: jpg R7.JPG (99.8 KB, 407 views)