Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-14-2019, 10:51 AM   #1
SG4

Poor Starts

Wonder if this is something any of the database people could look up, but after witnessing what I thought were some pretty poor moves by starters lately, it got me thinking how much a gate crew really does affect the start depending on jurisdiction. Is there any chance of someone doing a review to see what percentage of horses are involved in poor starts by track, I guess using result charts as an objective measure when it says "start good for all but..."

I'm curious if bigger name tracks have a better record at this, or if all locations are going to be in the same ballpark & horses are just randomly bad actors & it's part of the game everywhere to the same degree.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-15-2019, 09:44 AM   #2
davew

I can't help you SG4, but am curious about something I have always wondered about. A few times when loading the horses, it seems the horse tail gets closed in the rear gate. Does this affect the start?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply