Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-11-2019, 11:52 PM   #31
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Are you this dense or do I need to repeat it for the 4th time now...?

I never said ANY of these people would beat him.

He (Trump) would benefit from a useful primary challenge from the right... I proceeded to list 4 people...

Where Is your post calling reckless' list trolling?

Instead you want to call me a troll because you don't like two random names I threw out...
And I never said you said they would beat him.

I'm talking about them ever running...either against Trump...or ANY Republican for President. It's theater of the absurd.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:59 PM   #32
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Maybe Ely got the idea about Coulter from the following article:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...president-2020

Concerns that President Trump is going soft on his campaign promise to fight illegal immigration are sparking a new call for hardline columnist Ann Coulter jump into the 2020 race for president, if only to steer him back to his 2016 agenda.

The call for Coulter to run for president went public this week when a leading immigration voice blogged a memo to supporters that said Coulter “would be our best bet to pressure Trump to stop breaking his campaign promises in the remainder of his term.”

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 02-12-2019 at 12:01 AM.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2019, 12:09 AM   #33
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
And I never said you said they would beat him.

I'm talking about them ever running...either against Trump...or ANY Republican for President. It's theater of the absurd.
Have you just awoken from a deep slumber of about two years...?
Old 02-12-2019, 06:14 AM   #34
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Are you really and truly unable to disagree with an opinion without personal jibes and insults?

Why can't you make an effort at objective rebuttal of a position you disagree with instead of your usual litany about Trump is a genius and anyone that doesn't believe that is an idiot.

P.S. There are maybe a half dozen people here that have shown a good and realistic grasp of economics. Ely is one of them.
There's no objective dialogue with you and ely, so please cut the baloney.

After you guys lost the debate about Trump winning the GOP, after you guys lost your credibility about Trump doing the things he campaigned on these past 2 + years, you guys then resorted to calling Trump supporters silly names and insults. AND we now hear all those same vapid anti-Trump arguments again that you all gave us earlier -- arguments that were discounted the first time around.

So, please, let's cut the sanctimony as if you speak from some higher authority.

It's people like you and ely, and the other nonsense peddlers, that keep calling Trump a dope and unqualified. Once or twice I rebutted a Trump criticism you guys hurled repeatedly about getting companies to relocate to USA and back to the USA, such as Ford Motor -- both you guys said it was going to happen anyway. Ha! What a joke. First you claim Trump can't get them back, he's stupid to think that, then when he did, you claim it was going to happen anyway. More ha! That's what you call objective dialogue? Another joke.

You also discounted all his business successes prior to his running as meaningless --as a reminder, building a world-class real estate and construction company from Manhattan. Well, it is a lot tougher than anything you can imagine. You try it then if it's that easy. Also, try and become the host of the highest rated and highest profit making TV property for 15 years as he did. Anyone can do that too, according to you guys. Why don't you ask Donnie Deutsch, Mark Cuban and Arhh-nold about how easy it is. They thought the same as you guys do.

Forget about becoming President, running a campaign against the GOP establishment such as he did and winning the nomination and the Presidency. Oh that's right, all he's accomplished has meant absolutely nothing.

In a nutshell, it is people such as yourself, ely, also the other nonsense peddlers on PA, plus the jerks in the real world that truly need a reality check.

You guys proved a long time ago that you really do not have the goods for any truly serious and objective debate. So once more, clocker, let's stop the lectures.

PS--On another matter ... Ford Motor Company announced yesterday that they will be adding 500 more manufacturing jobs in the Chicago. Thought you'd be interested in knowing that. I guess that would happened anyway -- under Hillary! Jeb! Mitt or any other 'true' Republican, correct? Yeah right.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-12-2019, 06:33 AM   #35
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Well since nuance is dead...

I think Trump would probably benefit from a legitimate primary challenger.

Then I went so far as to list challengers to the right of him as being best. The ones I listed are in fact to the right of him...

It would season him up. Build a more coherent platform. And moderate him for the General...

These things would help not hurt him... but I digress...
You have the wrong target if you wish to dispense any political advice.

You need to advise the Republican 'leaders' and the anti-Trump wing of the GOP to get tougher and tell them they all are in need of a primary fight -- it is good for them.

Just ask most of those 40 Republicans in the House last session -- nearly all were anti-Trumpers -- many lacked the ballz to run again. Why? Some faced a primary battle, didn't you know that? Of course you didn't.

But, despite their anti-Trump sentiments many of those same 40 primary-surviving incumbents would have won in last November's election. But they quit, like cowards; then the GOP lost the House, and Trump's more popular than ever right now, nuanced any way you wish.

Finally, those you named may truly be to the right of Trump, yes, but none of them could beat Trump, nor would have beaten Hillary! in 2016, or any Democrat running in 2020. So, so what?

Young man, you still lack the goods and political acumen to engage in any serious debate, so keep on nuance-ing. It fits you well -- especially when no one calls you out on it.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:37 AM   #36
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
You are choosing to debate with the biggest lying, self-aggrandizing, personal attacking troll on this site. A proven liar. And to think the hypocrite is complaining about this "once great site" that he himself with his vitriolic spewage has helped to drag into the gutter.

For the record, I have twice proven him a liar. If I have to do it a third time I will, but that will be the last time. (And I have the proof.) Maybe I should do it again so it will wake some people up.

But instead of having to do that why don't you please do us all a favor and do not debate with this low-life lying troll.
Thanks for the compliments.

Another guy that contributes so little to this site but is lock and loaded with criticism.

You may think this site is blessed with your presence and your contributions but it's only you.

Last edited by reckless; 02-12-2019 at 06:42 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:32 AM   #37
Clocker

More hero worship while dodging the issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Trump doing the things he campaigned on these past 2 + years
Trump campaign promises:
--repeal and replace ObamaCare
--build the wall and have Mexico pay for it
--deport 12 million illegals and let the "good ones" back in
--defund Planned Parenthood
--eliminate the national debt in 8 years
--end Common Core
--end DACA
--major revenue neutral infrastructure plan
--negotiate "terrific" trade deals
Old 02-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #38
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
More hero worship while dodging the issues.

Trump campaign promises:
--repeal and replace ObamaCare
--build the wall and have Mexico pay for it
--deport 12 million illegals and let the "good ones" back in
--defund Planned Parenthood
--eliminate the national debt in 8 years
--end Common Core
--end DACA
--major revenue neutral infrastructure plan
--negotiate "terrific" trade deals
Wow, all these failures and now Trump's at 52+ per cent.

You really have all this pegged, don't you?

How come you don't criticize and blame the House/Senate GOP for all the same failures? You know them, your kind of 'true' Republican who campaigned for many, many years on most of the very same things you list as a Trump criticism and failure.

The GOP suckered people like you, and at times, me, for a decade on R+R Obama Care, build a wall, deport illegal aliens, defund PP, cut the national debt ... gee you ignored all those GOP lies since Trump got elected, now don't you??

At least Trump ended the Individual and Corporate mandate -- the heart and guts of Obama Care. The GOP never did a single thing, nor did they re-write an Obama Care-like health bill either these prior two years -- despite having a previous R+R bill all written and passed in the House in the past.

The GOP had a majority in both Houses and Trump said he'd sign the bill. Yet the corrupt GOP leadership paid homage to their benefactors first and so what if America was lied too and the citizenry was getting screwed.

Real leaders, statesmen and heroes those 'true' Republicans are.

Glad you like these bums and phonies. Makes sense too.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:31 PM   #39
Clocker

Quote:

At least Trump ended the Individual and Corporate mandate -- the heart and guts of Obama Care. The GOP never did a single thing
The GOP in Congress ended the mandate in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Trump did sign the bill all by himself, even though he said that he was not happy with parts of it.

Quote:
The GOP suckered people like you, and at times, me, for a decade on R+R Obama Care, build a wall, deport illegal aliens, defund PP, cut the national debt ... gee you ignored all those GOP lies since Trump got elected, now don't you??
Speak for yourself about being a sucker. You have a very selective memory. I have little use for the GOP in Congress, and have said so here many times. Just like you forgot to address the part about Trump promising to replace ObamaCare with something terrific, and all those other promises listed that he has done nothing about.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:53 AM   #40
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
The GOP in Congress ended the mandate in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Trump did sign the bill all by himself, even though he said that he was not happy with parts of it.

Speak for yourself about being a sucker. You have a very selective memory. I have little use for the GOP in Congress, and have said so here many times. Just like you forgot to address the part about Trump promising to replace ObamaCare with something terrific, and all those other promises listed that he has done nothing about.
The GOP did not want a Tax cut and Reform type bill. Trump forced the issue. Let's be honest with oneself. Trump went on the air and even Tweeted out that the GOP have accomplished nothing to date --which they didn't, such as Obama Care reform-- and if they won't pass a Tax bill as they promised, they would face the wrath of the electorate. Trump was right and Ryan reluctantly did the right thing.

He forced their hand to act. And yes, Trump forced the GOP all by himself.

The GOP originally wanted to impose a a border tax to 'pay' for the tax cut. Silliness that was dropped. The GOP didn't want to double the standard deduction, they didn't want to eliminate or tighten the tax levels ... the GOP have been frauds for decades.

The GOP House fought Trump on this issue as they had in almost all of 2017-18. And that's the main reason they lost the House last November.

If you say you have had little use for the GOP and 'said so many times', I'll take your word for that. At least there's one thing we can agree on.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:12 AM   #41
elysiantraveller

Quote:
The GOP did not want a Tax cut and Reform type bill. Trump forced the issue.
Oh boy...

The main GOP pushback was concern over deficit spending and attempting a more revenue neutral approach to tax reform.

There was fear that the Trump plan without entitlement reform or some other sort of austerity would lead to ballooning deficits... which it has.

Now sure there has been some Mexican stand-off with both sides pointing fingers at eachother, the GOP wanted spending boosted on things like defense for instance, but its mostly just two ships passing in the night as both are to blame.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:26 AM   #42
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Oh boy...

The main GOP pushback was concern over deficit spending and attempting a more revenue neutral approach to tax reform.

There was fear that the Trump plan without entitlement reform or some other sort of austerity would lead to ballooning deficits... which it has.

Now sure there has been some Mexican stand-off with both sides pointing fingers at eachother, the GOP wanted spending boosted on things like defense for instance, but its mostly just two ships passing in the night as both are to blame.
You haven't been paying attention to GOP politics these past 20 years, much less these past two years. Maybe you should PM your friend Richard Nixon for some historical perspective.

So, boy, oh boy, all that I bolded had NOTHING to do with the GOP fighting Trump. They did not want to pass a tax cut/reform bill at all.

Stop this 'push back' stupidity. Deficit spending has never been a concern of any stripe by Congress -- especially those 'fiscally responsible' GOP members. And this is despite the GOP always campaigning to the contrary.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:41 AM   #43
elysiantraveller

Quote:
You haven't been paying attention to GOP politics these past 20 years, much less these past two years. Maybe you should PM your friend Richard Nixon for some historical perspective.

So, boy, oh boy, all that I bolded had NOTHING to do with the GOP fighting Trump. They did not want to pass a tax cut/reform bill at all.

Stop this 'push back' stupidity. Deficit spending has never been a concern of any stripe by Congress -- especially those 'fiscally responsible' GOP members. And this is despite the GOP always campaigning to the contrary.
The Border Adjustment plan proposed by Ryan and Toomey was exactly the mechanism meant to offset cuts on the corporate and individual side.

After that the pushback was over how low to bring down the corporate tax rate.

You brought this stuff up. Not me.

I'm just providing some context for where it came from.

I'm saying both sides are to blame not just one... I'm also not making the argument Republicans never wanted tax reform... Paul Ryan had been campaigning and winning elections on tax reform back when Trump was still a Democrat.

My opinion actually has nuance. Your's is more fan boi-ism.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 02-13-2019 at 10:44 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2019, 11:01 AM   #44
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
The Border Adjustment plan proposed by Ryan and Toomey was exactly the mechanism meant to offset cuts on the corporate and individual side.

After that the pushback was over how low to bring down the corporate tax rate.

You brought this stuff up. Not me.

I'm just providing some context for where it came from.

I'm saying both sides are to blame not just one... I'm also not making the argument Republicans never wanted tax reform... Paul Ryan had been campaigning and winning elections on tax reform back when Trump was still a Democrat.

My opinion actually has nuance. Your's is more fan boi-ism.
My point is the Trump Tax Cut and Reform Bill of 2017 was solely due to Trump and not the GOP, despite the GOP being the party of 'lower taxes' and fiscal 'responsibility' for decades. The GOP did not want a Tax Cut and Tax Reform bill done at all. Trump forced their hand and muscled them to get it done.

Do you agree what Ryan and Toomey did when they tried to kabosh the bill and get a ignorant Border Tax included?

Do you agree with them that tax cuts must be paid for? Do you? Yes or no. An easy to answer to give. No nuance required.

Yes, I am a Trump fan boy. Me and 75 million others.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:23 PM   #45
elysiantraveller

Quote:
My point is the Trump Tax Cut and Reform Bill of 2017 was solely due to Trump and not the GOP, despite the GOP being the party of 'lower taxes' and fiscal 'responsibility' for decades. The GOP did not want a Tax Cut and Tax Reform bill done at all. Trump forced their hand and muscled them to get it done.

Do you agree what Ryan and Toomey did when they tried to kabosh the bill and get a ignorant Border Tax included?

Do you agree with them that tax cuts must be paid for? Do you? Yes or no. An easy to answer to give. No nuance required.

Yes, I am a Trump fan boy. Me and 75 million others.
Yes, tax cuts should be paid for.

No, we shouldn't be lowering taxes and increasing deficits during boom time.

No, I wasn't a giant fan of cutting taxes when the government in question hadn't even begun spending money yet.

Yes, I was concerned it would balloon the deficit.

Yes, I was right.