Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-09-2018, 01:04 AM   #76
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
I completely agree but I think of it from a standpoint of weapons for the militia and those individuals so I may be biased.
As a gun owner myself, I can't say that Trump winning didn't take a bit of the heat off, at least from a psychological point of view.

But do you really think that if Hillary would have won, and even if the Dems had a majority in the House and/or Senate, that more gun control measures (or confiscation) would have happened? The puppet masters know the time isn't ripe for that, in my opinion, though it does seem to be getting closer.

In any event, when it happens, I don't believe the office of the President is where we'll find relief. Congress, the DoD, police forces, the Guard, etc., will all have to align for further restrictions. I freely admit, I'm not sure how that plays out, but Trump being "pro-gun" does not provide me with any greater sense of insulation from the gun-grabbers.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 01:10 AM   #77
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
Ah, well if you think Trump is "off" the strings and acting on his own, I guess we'll just have to disagree about that.

Had Hillary won, we might be at war with the Russians by now, but as for any other differences, let's get the microscope out to see if we can find anything...
This is the calm before the storm
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 01:12 AM   #78
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
As a gun owner myself, I can't say that Trump winning didn't take a bit of the heat off, at least from a psychological point of view.

But do you really think that if Hillary would have won, and even if the Dems had a majority in the House and/or Senate, that more gun control measures (or confiscation) would have happened? The puppet masters know the time isn't ripe for that, in my opinion, though it does seem to be getting closer.

In any event, when it happens, I don't believe the office of the President is where we'll find relief. Congress, the DoD, police forces, the Guard, etc., will all have to align for further restrictions. I freely admit, I'm not sure how that plays out, but Trump being "pro-gun" does not provide me with any greater sense of insulation from the gun-grabbers.
The people will be heard if needed. That's all I am saying.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 01:26 AM   #79
Clocker

Quote:
I view Obama's executive orders on the scale of "small fry", intended to distract and divide on issues that were hardly important. Feel free to name one that affected a large number of Americans, or affected the status quo in any significant way.
The administration's excesses in implementing Obamacare certain qualify. As does the insanity of the Obama EPA war on coal and other fossil fuels.

The president's primary job is to carry out and enforce the laws passed by Congress. The president isn't supposed to have any "real power" other than that enumerated in the Constitution:

Quote:
Section 2.

The President shall be commander in chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several states, when called into the actual service of the United States; he may require the opinion, in writing, of the principal officer in each of the executive departments, upon any subject relating to the duties of their respective offices, and he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment.

He shall have power, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to make treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, judges of the Supreme Court, and all other officers of the United States, whose appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by law: but the Congress may by law vest the appointment of such inferior officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the courts of law, or in the heads of departments.

The President shall have power to fill up all vacancies that may happen during the recess of the Senate, by granting commissions which shall expire at the end of their next session.
Obama and his administration, particularly Justice, the IRA, and HHS, went way beyond anything permitted in that language. Trump, to his credit thus far, has acted within his constitutional powers and deferred to the legal powers of Congress.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:47 AM   #80
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
The administration's excesses in implementing Obamacare certain qualify. As does the insanity of the Obama EPA war on coal and other fossil fuels.

The president's primary job is to carry out and enforce the laws passed by Congress. The president isn't supposed to have any "real power" other than that enumerated in the Constitution:

Obama and his administration, particularly Justice, the IRA, and HHS, went way beyond anything permitted in that language. Trump, to his credit thus far, has acted within his constitutional powers and deferred to the legal powers of Congress.
Obama redirected some funding for states "reinsurance" of Obamacare, if I recall, which in the overall scheme of things was very, very small compared to the overall impact of the law, which CONgress passed. Chicken feed.

Obama's war on coal, offshore drilling, and other environmental mandates had a negative impact on the economy, no doubt. But, in my opinion, small compared to his support of the impact of the ACA, his lack of economic planning, and his foreign policy disasters - all of which will have much greater and longer-lasting negative effects on our economy, versus closing down a handful of mines in West Virginia.

I would agree that Obama, the guy who was going to give us the most transparent administration "ever", failed big time, and his justice department was anything but. However, the extension of Patriot Act, and other laws passed by CONgress, were far greater in the magnitude of the erosion of our freedoms. Obama simply carried forward the policies of Bush II, and from that perspective it's my opinion he's just a puppet.

Read past the headlines, dig into the details, and the only differences between administrations are cosmetic, of little importance, and engineered to promote the illusion of a representative republic. Which, we ain't.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 03:49 AM   #81
thaskalos

Quote:
Obama redirected some funding for states "reinsurance" of Obamacare, if I recall, which in the overall scheme of things was very, very small compared to the overall impact of the law, which CONgress passed. Chicken feed.

Obama's war on coal, offshore drilling, and other environmental mandates had a negative impact on the economy, no doubt. But, in my opinion, small compared to his support of the impact of the ACA, his lack of economic planning, and his foreign policy disasters - all of which will have much greater and longer-lasting negative effects on our economy, versus closing down a handful of mines in West Virginia.

I would agree that Obama, the guy who was going to give us the most transparent administration "ever", failed big time, and his justice department was anything but. However, the extension of Patriot Act, and other laws passed by CONgress, were far greater in the magnitude of the erosion of our freedoms. Obama simply carried forward the policies of Bush II, and from that perspective it's my opinion he's just a puppet.

Read past the headlines, dig into the details, and the only differences between administrations are cosmetic, of little importance, and engineered to promote the illusion of a representative republic. Which, we ain't.

Nor do we DESERVE to be.

Just as our Presidents are "puppets", so are we the citizens...who have "fallen asleep at the wheel"...while the "powers-that-be" easily control us by pressing our "patriotic" buttons, whenever they want to pull the wool over our eyes.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:32 AM   #82
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Who was the last "intellectually-deep thinker" to vie for the presidency of our country?
Abe Lincoln.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:35 AM   #83
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Oprah also begat Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil two useless clowns who have a lot of influence on housewives, most guys can't stand those two.
The dems have outlined a brilliant recovery plan in all of this - build an army of brain-dead idiot zombies and spend three years teaching to do one thing - go and vote.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:37 AM   #84
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
The people will be heard if needed. That's all I am saying.
See, now on the left, that translates to the people will be herded if needed.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:37 AM   #85
BaffertsWig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
The dems have outlined a brilliant recovery plan in all of this - build an army of brain-dead idiot zombies and spend three years teaching to do one thing - go and vote.

Ahhh, taking a page out of the ol' Republican't playbook. I'd venture to guess the average IQ of Trump voters is sub-100.
BaffertsWig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2018, 10:09 AM   #86
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Amazing how all those dummies managed to get to be the evil wealthy.
And beat Hillary - the anointed one!
Old 01-09-2018, 10:15 AM   #87
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.
Oprah was born with a pork chop in hers.
And she is still gnawing on the bone.

She certainly hangs out with some very seedy and racist people.
Do we really need another racist supporter in the WH?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2172.jpg (7.0 KB, 39 views)
Old 01-09-2018, 10:23 AM   #88
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

This one's for Horsey!

Oh my!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2174.jpg (23.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-09-2018, 10:27 AM   #89
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

One has to wonder, is HARVEY responsible for Oprah's success?
Did she "cooperate" with him to get where she is today?
What better way for the dems to continue their war on women than to put Harvey in DC!

She certainly is chummy chummy with the guy...in cahoots, or just too stupid to know??? Questions voters have to ask.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2175.jpg (34.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-09-2018, 10:29 AM   #90
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Oh my!
Everyone dies.....eventually.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply