Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #16
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Here are some of my picks for some cabinet positions. I'll also name alternates:

Jeff Sessions -- Secretary of State, Sec'y of Defense

Rudolph Guiliani, Chris Christie - Attorney General, FBI Director

Gen. Michael Flynn -- Secretary of Defense, State

Gen. Bobby Knight -- Ambassador to Puerto Rico

Chris Christie -- Chief of Staff, Department of Justice

Rick Santorum -- Health, Education and Welfare, Dept. of Labor

Dr Ben Carson -- Surgeon General, HUD, HEW

John Bolton -- UN Ambassador

Rick Perry -- Homeland Security

Mike Huckabee -- Chief of Staff

Not a Cabinet post but I'd like Newt Gingrich to return as Speaker of the House. Paul Ryan is an obstacle and an open borders and free trade phony. Newt does NOT need to be a member of Congress to be Speaker again, but must be voted upon by House members, or course.
Christie is a blight on the trump admin
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 06:16 PM   #17
Mulerider

Not a Cabinet position, but for first SCOTUS nominee I'd like to see Mike Lee (or even Ted Cruz, assuming a reconciliation is possible).

Mule
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 07:22 PM   #18
ElKabong

If in were Donnie I'd nom Cruz for Scotus. His values are in line with what he's looking for, and Cruz is unpopular amongst his current peers.

Cruz wouldn't budge on conservative goals or values, if that's what he's looking for
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 07:32 PM   #19
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
If in were Donnie I'd nom Cruz for Scotus. His values are in line with what he's looking for, and Cruz is unpopular amongst his current peers.

Cruz wouldn't budge on conservative goals or values, if that's what he's looking for
Lee or Cruz, if they would take it
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 07:43 PM   #20
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong

That sounds good but I do not like who his wife works for, in the end a President Trump would have several moves planned for Ted Cruz. If that is one of them then my trust would be with POTUS knowing what he is doing.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #21
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Lee or Cruz, if they would take it
Dirty Harry Reid planted a bomb in the Senate a while back that is about to blow the Democrats out of the water. Harry used an obscure parliamentary process to change the rules so that presidential appointments to the federal bench could not be filibustered. The GOP will hold a 52-48 advantage in the Senate next year, and will only need a simple majority vote to confirm any SCOTUS appointment.

Edited to add, not clear this applies to SCOTUS, might only be other federal judges.

Last edited by Clocker; 11-09-2016 at 07:54 PM.
Clocker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 07:51 PM   #22
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Dirty Harry Reid planted a bomb in the Senate a while back that is about to blow the Democrats out of the water. Harry used an obscure parliamentary process to change the rules so that presidential appointments to the federal bench could not be filibustered. The GOP will hold a 52-48 advantage in the Senate next year, and will only need a simple majority vote to confirm any SCOTUS appointment.

Just maybe our 45th President could get who he wants without doing that and restore things how things should be.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:46 PM   #23
ArlJim78

I hope Trump searches for the best and brightest top performers and doesn't simply look to the people who supported him to fill out cabinet positions. For example I think Rudy is too old and been out of the game for too long to be appointed AG. I feel the same about Newt. For those guys I see something more like Senior Advisory roles. I wouldn't have Christie on my team.

I think Reince is interesting for Chief of staff, and if there is a place for Kellyanne Conway in press office or communications of some type, she is quite good.
I also like Gen Flynn although I'm not sure if he's SecDef material, perhaps, but as a military adviser yes for sure.

Sessions deserves a top role should he want it. Maybe homeland security?
State I really don't know but I'm inclined against Bolton even though I like the guy.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 08:56 PM   #24
fast4522

I really think supporting who every Trump puts forward is the best, but if I had to pick it would be one or both of these fine lady's.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_001.jpg (53.2 KB, 103 views)
Old 11-09-2016, 09:25 PM   #25
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
Christie is a blight on the trump admin
I am with you there, EasyGoer. I never was a Christie fan and he is a blight.

Never bought into the Christie schtick and his tenure as NJ governor was a big fat failure.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 09:45 PM   #26
ElKabong

Megan Kelly could pick her cabinet position as far as I'm concerned. Did you see what she's wearing tonight?? Sheesh, my wife is going to be realllllly happy tonight. Ignition ready...
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 09:49 PM   #27
Jess Hawsen Arown

Giuliani was on O'Reilly tonight, and it looks like he will be Attorney General. And he made it clear that if the evidence is there, Hillary is going down.

That is, of course, unless Obama pardons her.

But I'll bet Obama blames Hillary for destroying his legacy. So we shall see.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 10:00 PM   #28
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker

Edited to add, not clear this applies to SCOTUS, might only be other federal judges.

Article about SCOTUS justices and filibustering

http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2...-play-in-2017/
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 11:11 PM   #29
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Rachael Madow....press secretary
I think Ivanka would be great here but guess she and her brothers have their hands full running the family business.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 11:43 PM   #30
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown
Giuliani was on O'Reilly tonight, and it looks like he will be Attorney General. And he made it clear that if the evidence is there, Hillary is going down.

That is, of course, unless Obama pardons her.

But I'll bet Obama blames Hillary for destroying his legacy. So we shall see.
I think your right, but I want the Donald to say it in a press conference.
Rudy Giuliani went after John Gotti and had no fear of him, lets see what Donald J. Trump does.