Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-28-2017, 07:16 PM   #1
Teach

Holy Guacamole, The Wall is Obsolete Before It’s Even Built!

When I was a boy growing up in Boston’s Inner-City, I lived on a major avenue that funneled cars in and out of downtown Boston. Night and day, especially in the summer, the noise of the cars whizzing by our apartment created an endless, non-stop din (The noise the cars made was so ingrained in my mind that when our family took a week’s vacation in The Berkshires, I couldn’t sleep – too quiet!).

Well, by the time I entered middle school (back then, we called it junior high) the state of Massachusetts began building what we call The Southeast Expressway (it started in cities south of Boston, such as Quincy, Milton and Braintree) and eventually linked up with the downtown portion of highway that was called The Central Artery.

In any event, even before the highway was completed, the Southeast Expressway and the accompanying Central Artery were obsolete. Those major thoroughfares could not handle the traffic flow of the vast number of cars that used those roads getting in and out of Boston. Morning and evening rush hours were particularly bad. Gridlock was, and still is, an everyday occurrence.

Yes, my feeling is the same for the planned wall between the U.S. and Mexico, that has yet to be built. You may have heard of the term: “overstayers”. These are people who come in from other countries, let’s say, for example, from Mexico – usually by plane - and “overstay” their visas. Fact (not be confused with an alternative fact): in 2015, 500,000 visitors from foreign countries overstayed their visas. The so-called “visa overstays” represent an estimated 40% of the 11 million undocumented immigrants living in this country.

In addition, there are already about 30 tunnels (I saw this on a CNN segment) alone in the Tijuana-Chula Vista area. Many of these tunnels are quite elaborate. And, that’s just in the San Diego area. There must be countless other tunnels all along the border.

Personally, I believe it would be a terrible waste if the American taxpayer were stuck for a huge tax bill in the construction of this wall; oh, I’m sorry, that’s right, Mexico’s going to pay for it. What do we do if they don’t pay up, send Marines into Mexico like we did with some Caribbean nations when they weren’t able to pay their debts.

Finally, you wouldn’t think there’d be much of a connection between an outmoded road system leading in and out of downtown Boston and a yet to be built wall on the border between the United States and Mexico, but, in my opinion, I believe there is.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2017, 07:25 PM   #2
zico20

Maybe we should just get rid of the border patrol agents too. There is more many saved for the taxpayers.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:43 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Who said LSD was out of favor?
Old 01-28-2017, 07:47 PM   #4
BELMONT 6-6-09

The anti-American fool Obama prevented the border agents from doing their job. Now that we finally have a commander in chief we are going to let our border agents do what they are trained to do, no restrictions and let's see the results.
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2017, 07:51 PM   #5
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMONT 6-6-09
The anti-American fool Obama prevented the border agents from doing their job. Now that we finally have a commander in chief we are going to let our border agents do what they are trained to do, no restrictions and let's see the results.
He is even putting people with jobs back to work!
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2017, 07:53 PM   #6
BELMONT 6-6-09

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
Old 01-28-2017, 08:10 PM   #7
chadk66

Quote:
you know your good when you can do that
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2017, 08:13 PM   #8
BELMONT 6-6-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66
you know your good when you can do that
The comparison between Mr. trump and the fool Obama is going to be like a 10 claimer running vs Arrogate LOL
Old 01-28-2017, 08:22 PM   #9
RaceBookJoe

Quote:

That should be Trumps 2020 Campaign Slogan hahahahaha
Old 01-28-2017, 08:23 PM   #10
MutuelClerk

Best Album Ever.

The Wall.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2017, 08:37 PM   #11
RunForTheRoses

I've become a fan of good guacamole. Its good stuff and healthy, albeit with a lot of calories. I go to this place by work, Elvez Burrito Bar, its like Chipolate but better, it is a dollar extra for Guac but I'm like, bring it it on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guacamole

Avocados were first cultivated in South Central Mexico to Central America and as far south as Peru.[6] In the early 1900s, avocados frequently went by the name alligator pear.[6]

The Hass avocado is the most popular varietal of avocado and is named after postal worker Rudolph Hass, who purchased the seedling in 1926 from a California farmer and patented it in 1935.[7]

Guacamole has increased avocado sales in the US, especially on Super Bowl Sunday and Cinco de Mayo.[8] The rising consumption of guacamole has increased due to the U.S. government lifting a ban on avocado imports in the 1900s and the growth of the U.S. Latino population.[9]

Last edited by RunForTheRoses; 01-28-2017 at 08:38 PM.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2017, 08:41 PM   #12
chadk66

Quote:
The comparison between Mr. trump and the fool Obama is going to be like a 10 claimer running vs Arrogate LOL
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2017, 08:43 PM   #13
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach
When I was a boy growing up in Boston’s Inner-City, I lived on a major avenue that funneled cars in and out of downtown Boston. Night and day, especially in the summer, the noise of the cars whizzing by our apartment created an endless, non-stop din (The noise the cars made was so ingrained in my mind that when our family took a week’s vacation in The Berkshires, I couldn’t sleep – too quiet!).

Well, by the time I entered middle school (back then, we called it junior high) the state of Massachusetts began building what we call The Southeast Expressway (it started in cities south of Boston, such as Quincy, Milton and Braintree) and eventually linked up with the downtown portion of highway that was called The Central Artery.

In any event, even before the highway was completed, the Southeast Expressway and the accompanying Central Artery were obsolete. Those major thoroughfares could not handle the traffic flow of the vast number of cars that used those roads getting in and out of Boston. Morning and evening rush hours were particularly bad. Gridlock was, and still is, an everyday occurrence.

Yes, my feeling is the same for the planned wall between the U.S. and Mexico, that has yet to be built. You may have heard of the term: “overstayers”. These are people who come in from other countries, let’s say, for example, from Mexico – usually by plane - and “overstay” their visas. Fact (not be confused with an alternative fact): in 2015, 500,000 visitors from foreign countries overstayed their visas. The so-called “visa overstays” represent an estimated 40% of the 11 million undocumented immigrants living in this country.

In addition, there are already about 30 tunnels (I saw this on a CNN segment) alone in the Tijuana-Chula Vista area. Many of these tunnels are quite elaborate. And, that’s just in the San Diego area. There must be countless other tunnels all along the border.

Personally, I believe it would be a terrible waste if the American taxpayer were stuck for a huge tax bill in the construction of this wall; oh, I’m sorry, that’s right, Mexico’s going to pay for it. What do we do if they don’t pay up, send Marines into Mexico like we did with some Caribbean nations when they weren’t able to pay their debts.

Finally, you wouldn’t think there’d be much of a connection between an outmoded road system leading in and out of downtown Boston and a yet to be built wall on the border between the United States and Mexico, but, in my opinion, I believe there is.
Hey, Teach, don't you know that the "wall" was obsolete way back in 2006 when the Secure Fence Act was passed and such notable dem senators as Obama, Clinton, Biden and Schumer, to mention a few, voted in favor of its construction?
Old 01-28-2017, 08:50 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Well, Boxie, those guys are all obsolete....except of courser for UpChuck Schumer, who was promoted to HEAD Clown!
Old 01-28-2017, 09:42 PM   #15
thaskalos

Quote:
The way you structured this sentence...it looks as if Mr. Trump is the 10 claimer.