Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 12:24 PM   #91
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
"I can only wish they bought the whole stable... would be an ATM for the next few months."
Well that’s the only way to get rid of that “jockey” unless I can get her to go out to eat with me and gain 30lbs. He’d probably still ride her at 154.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:24 PM   #92
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaniO View Post
I’m not embarrassed at all... because I know I’m right... you are the one who’s embarrassing himself as the “owner” of a site by chiming in on any topic I share an opinion about.
Why would you reply to me like this when my statement was clearly aimed at the men who were coming at me for treating you the same as anyone else here.

I said THEY should be embarrassed, not you.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:25 PM   #93
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I was not giving you shit, why do you insist on misinterpreting my words even when I explained myself?

I OBSERVED women are USUALLY treated extra nice in places where men make up a major percentage of the members. That is an OBSERVATION, I never gave an opinion whether I believe it is right or wrong. I just said that doesn't seem to be the case on Pace Advantage.

P.S. I thought twisting someone's words were a disorder liberals had, maybe I am wrong about that.
A) Don't bring politics into horse racing threads.

B) I WAS being nice

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-09-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:26 PM   #94
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Why would you reply to me like this when my statement was clearly aimed at the men who were coming at me for treating you the same as anyone else here.

I said THEY should be embarrassed, not you.
Sorry for the late reply... I’ve been in the spa getting my hair and nails done with my Belmont winnings from yesterday.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:26 PM   #95
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I am sure Tiff is fine too.

But her claim about Cox wasn't sexist, if true, and your attitude towards women posters as expressed here is at least blind to how sexism works
Where did I ever write her claim about Cox was sexist?

RIF - Reading Is Fundamental
Old 07-09-2018, 12:27 PM   #96
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I’m not embarrassed at all... because I know I’m right... you are the one who’s embarrassing himself as the “owner” of a site by chiming in on any topic I share an opinion about.

I think the embarrassed comment was directed at myself and dilanesp, maybe I am wrong.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:28 PM   #97
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
I was not giving you shit, why do you insist on misinterpreting my words even when I explained myself?

I OBSERVED women are USUALLY treated extra nice in places where men make up a major percentage of the members. That is an OBSERVATION, I never gave an opinion whether I believe it is right or wrong. I just said that doesn't seem to be the case on Pace Advantage.

P.S. I thought twisting someone's words were a disorder liberals had, maybe I am wrong about that.
I think it’s because some expect me to act like a dumb blonde ditz but I’m only a blonde ditz.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #98
Inner Dirt

Quote:
A) Don't bring politics into horse racing threads.

B) I WAS being nice

I explained myself, you took offense to my comments, when you should not have. Now you appear to be getting more and more angry and threatening for nothing.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:34 PM   #99
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I explained myself, you took offense to my comments, when you should not have. Now you appear to be getting more and more angry and threatening for nothing.
Threatening...cool story.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:37 PM   #100
metro

Quote:
Well that’s the only way to get rid of that “jockey” unless I can get her to go out to eat with me and gain 30lbs. He’d probably still ride her at 154.
Maybe you should be a consultant to horsemen, and women, then, point out what a great opportunity the West Point's and Maggi Moss' of the horse ownership world are missing out on. All those opportunities yet only 21 claims off of Wayne Rice in 5 years and not a single claim off of him this year.

Heck, you've shown us a nearly 30K profit from just a couple of your winning wagers this year, why don't you put some of those windfalls to work for you and pick out a Rice runner or two? All you have to do is replace the rider, right?

Last edited by metro; 07-09-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:40 PM   #101
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Quote:
Threatening...cool story.

I see your comment warning me about saying "liberal" as a threat. Maybe it is a poor choice of words. You can vaporize me at anytime as you own the sand box. I am pretty sure if you didn't own the sand box you would not behave the way you do. You seem to enjoy hurling insults and mocking people who do not see the world the way you do.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:43 PM   #102
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
Maybe you should be a consultant to horsemen, and women, then, point out what a great opportunity the West Point's and Maggi Moss' of the horse ownership world are missing out on. All those opportunities yet only 21 claims off of Wayne Rice in 5 years and not a single claim off of him this year.

Heck, you've shown us a nearly 30K profit from just a couple of your winning wagers this year, why don't you put some of those windfalls to work for you and pick out a Rice runner or two? All you have to do is replace the rider, right?
I’d rather bet if I owned horses again, I’d want to be able to be at the barn everyday like I used to be. Oh and FYI my husband and I have won 24 out of 125 starts lifetime with a 1-2 horse stable. We only claimed off other bad outfits then as well.

If Rice and Cox are so great why don’t you buy some horses and let them train and ride?

Last edited by TiffaniO; 07-09-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:51 PM   #103
Grits

Quote:
A lot of the women I know and my girlfriend would for a fact defend a woman competing against men to the bitter end and build them up over and above their real skill level. At least Tiffani appears to be giving an honest assessment of a female jockey's skills without bias. I don't see why she is catching hell for it.
Inner, there's some truth to what you're saying. Still, women, vehemently, tearing down, other women says more about the woman doing the tearing than it says about the woman going about her own business.

As you noted, women do stick together--but only up to a point. At least for me, it's this way. Excellence is excellence, same goes for knowledge. I have tremendous respect for both. But, I have less respect for all who, somehow, feel everything needs to be focused on them exclusively.

Instead of Tiffani reredboarding her tickets again, telling us how awesome she is, the better idea would be to, stop talking the talk and walk the walk, here. Take on the boss, PA/Mike.

Challenge him! Beat him, if she can, at his game!! She's touted herself so much, she's foolishly backed herself into a corner. Mike's game was a very good one because it was fair. He showed his good days, his bad days. Winners and losers. Her comment of "I don't give out my winners" was useless.

There's an old adage that, apparently Tiffani has not ever seen read, heard, or been taught, in her decades on this planet.

"If you've got it, I'll know it. You won't have to tell me."
Old 07-09-2018, 12:54 PM   #104
TiffaniO
Queen B

I see that the other follower I have has decided to chime in. Too bad I can’t see her message
Old 07-09-2018, 01:04 PM   #105
Valuist

Quote:
I’d rather bet if I owned horses again, I’d want to be able to be at the barn everyday like I used to be. Oh and FYI my husband and I have won 24 out of 125 starts lifetime with a 1-2 horse stable. We only claimed off other bad outfits then as well.

If Rice and Cox are so great why don’t you buy some horses and let them train and ride?
Definitely agree it's better to bet than own. They never stop eating and invariably get injured.

I have never paid much attention to Rice/Cox because I don't play Presque Isle but it seems like an interesting angle to expect a solid upgrade when they leave that barn.
Closed Thread