Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 03-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Remember YouBet!

I do. A lot of people do. And a lot of people used to love that ADW.

I currently use AmWager plus TwinSpires for tracks AmWager doesn't take (like any of the Churchill-owned tracks).

But I find myself today using, for the first time in a long time, the old YouBet interface that is still available at Twinspires, since they purchased YouBet a long time ago.

Damn I still love that interface...gonna be fun using it today, even though no Churchill-owned tracks are running...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2018, 01:00 PM   #2
exactatom

Great timing. Was going through a closet over the weekend and found a Youbet white baseball hat they were giving away outside of Churchill Downs at the 2006 Breeder's Cup.

How the industry has changed
exactatom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
pandy

Youbet looked great. Which one is it, classic? Or Express Pro?
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Express
Old 03-13-2018, 07:58 PM   #5
eldee wins

You bet, I loved youbet! I emailed them and practilly begged them to make that their main interface after they purchased them. I also miss the ten track grid displaying odds and numerous easy to get to video, track changes willpays and other things. BRING IT BACK,PLEASE!
eldee wins is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-13-2018, 08:03 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldee wins View Post
You bet, I loved youbet! I emailed them and practilly begged them to make that their main interface after they purchased them. I also miss the ten track grid displaying odds and numerous easy to get to video, track changes willpays and other things. BRING IT BACK,PLEASE!
The display when you click EXPRESS & PRO is pretty much identical to how I remember YouBet...but I guess maybe a few things are different and/or missing that I don't remember?

I take it you have used the EXPRESS & PRO option...
Old 03-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #7
rgustafson

I was one of the early members to sign on with Youbet back in the day. Wasn't Chris McCarron "hawking" for them initially or am I misremembering?
rgustafson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 07:02 PM   #8
pandy

I use the Express pro option but I remember Youbet as being better. Then again, it was more colorful, so maybe it just looked better. I can't recall exactly what it included.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 07:26 PM   #9
lamboguy

YOUBET was a great platform, and its a shame that it died. i am told to operate it you needed experienced technicians that resided in Woodland Hills. Twinspires offered the programer's extra money to move to Palo Alto, but they didn't want to because real estate was to expensive there. instead they took the great platform and gave it to their own crew to mingle with the Twinspires platform.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2018, 10:09 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You know what pisses me off most about TwinSpires? You can ONLY use conditional wagering on their "Classic" betting interface.

They don't offer it on Express Pro, and they don't offer it on TwinSpiresTV.

I never could understand why, and I never bothered to ask...

From what I've gathered from talking to another ADW, people just don't use conditional wagering very much...maybe TwinSpires experiences the same thing and they just didn't bother to include it with their other betting UIs....
Old 03-15-2018, 12:20 AM   #11
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You know what pisses me off most about TwinSpires? You can ONLY use conditional wagering on their "Classic" betting interface.

They don't offer it on Express Pro, and they don't offer it on TwinSpiresTV.

I never could understand why, and I never bothered to ask...

From what I've gathered from talking to another ADW, people just don't use conditional wagering very much...maybe TwinSpires experiences the same thing and they just didn't bother to include it with their other betting UIs....
When we use the Twinspires "express & pro" interface, which I too happen to prefer, are we obligated to also use that bothersome wagering pad that comes with it...which has us clicking to different pages in order to complete our vertical and horizontal bets? I like the "express" interface...but I also like the wagering pad of the "classic" interface.

Am I missing something?
Old 03-15-2018, 12:23 AM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

No, I don't think you're missing anything.

There is that "PRO" interface that requires you to install Adobe Air...which is something I, for some reason, don't want to do on my new PC.

But I've used the "PRO" wagering pad before...it was a long time ago though...you might want to check it out? Might be better for those types of wagers...pretty sure conditional wagering isn't available on that one either...but maybe I'll boot up my old PC just to test it out again.

Oh the crap we have to put up with...

First world problems.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:15 AM   #13
trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
When we use the Twinspires "express & pro" interface, which I too happen to prefer, are we obligated to also use that bothersome wagering pad that comes with it...which has us clicking to different pages in order to complete our vertical and horizontal bets? I like the "express" interface...but I also like the wagering pad of the "classic" interface.

Am I missing something?
You can use the "classic" wagering pad to make your wagers and have the "express" interface open at the same time.

After you log into Twinspires and open the site, you'll see the "wager now" page. Insert the tracks you want to play and click on "express and pro". That'll take you to the express interface. Then, go back to the "wager now" tab and click on "classic". It'll open up the classic interface, from where you can wager.

Hope that helps.
trifecta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2018, 01:55 AM   #14
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta View Post
You can use the "classic" wagering pad to make your wagers and have the "express" interface open at the same time.

After you log into Twinspires and open the site, you'll see the "wager now" page. Insert the tracks you want to play and click on "express and pro". That'll take you to the express interface. Then, go back to the "wager now" tab and click on "classic". It'll open up the classic interface, from where you can wager.

Hope that helps.
Hey, thanks...why didn't I think of that?

Now...if only I could enter more than 5 tracks on the "classic" interface.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:46 AM   #15
lamboguy

I wish they brought back churchill downs on the las vegas strip and maybe tbe stardust race anf sports book. Then we could have some real fun
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: