Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-17-2019, 02:49 PM   #1
Dave Schwartz

Is Republican Party Doomed?

This is a serious question.

As the size of the lowest income strata gets increasingly larger, it is logical that they will become Democrats.

My question is, "How does the Republican party stand a chance?"

Please, try to leave your hateful political attitude at home and give a learned answer.

Consider that I am a moderate Republican.

It seems that the only way they/we can compete in the future will be to take special care of the poor and win their votes.

Am I wrong?

If so, please explain.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2019, 03:08 PM   #2
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
This is a serious question.

As the size of the lowest income strata gets increasingly larger, it is logical that they will become Democrats.

My question is, "How does the Republican party stand a chance?"

Please, try to leave your hateful political attitude at home and give a learned answer.

Consider that I am a moderate Republican.

It seems that the only way they/we can compete in the future will be to take special care of the poor and win their votes.

Am I wrong?

If so, please explain.
those poor people are either to tired from working 3 jobs to support their families to vote or they have 7 kids so they can get more welfare, both are no threat to vote. Republicans love to vote. especially the ones that get their judges confirmed to insure that things don't change.

Last edited by lamboguy; 11-17-2019 at 03:11 PM.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2019, 03:17 PM   #3
46zilzal
velocitician

Well, as a whole, they have sold out most of their credibility(and any adherence to the truth) to the corrupt one in the White House...If the growing trend in the populous keeps moving the way it has, THEY will all be markedly affected by that abandonment

BLACK is not WHITE as these sycophants are trying to make everyone believe.

I was at the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame sitting with one of that nights inductees, a trainer...Another trainer was being honored, and as they are all competing against one another, I asked the fellow I was sitting with (Sid Attard) what he thought of the inductee. His response: "He is a worthy adversary."

At one point a LONG time ago, I thought the same as some of the rational Republicans I was aware of. They seem to have forgotten why they are there as have MOST of he Congress no matter the party affiliation.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 11-17-2019 at 03:23 PM.
46zilzal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2019, 03:17 PM   #4
thaskalos

Is there any concrete proof to support the assumption that the "poor" swing our elections by coming out in droves to cast their vote at election time? If this were indeed the case, then...how are the Republicans ever winning any election NOW?

IMO...this isn't a rich/poor situation. When an Obama or a Trump gets to the White House...this is a clear indication that a very large segment of the voting population is disgusted with the current political system in this country, and is looking for radical CHANGE...ANY change! And when the "radical change" that is brought about proves unsatisfactory...then there is no telling what the disgruntled voter will do next. I think we've reached the point where enough of the public have finally realized that both our political parties are full-of-shit...and now they are starting to realize that the self-proclaimed "non-politician" candidates that we are attracted to are full-of-shit as well. The voter is being lied to from all sides, and he has been distracted up'til now by empty promises and fake news. But these distractions can't last for long...and the disgruntled citizens are bound to awake in the not-too-distant future. The Trump election was just the beginning; a full-blown REVOLUTION is on the horizon, IMO. And I can't wait to see the look on the faces of our TV anchorpeople then.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2019, 03:19 PM   #5
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
those poor people are either to tired from working 3 jobs to support their families to vote or they have 7 kids so they can get more welfare, both are no threat to vote. Republicans love to vote. especially the ones that get their judges confirmed to insure that things don't change.
Lambo...if I had read your post first, then I wouldn't have written mine.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2019, 03:24 PM   #6
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Is there any concrete proof to support the assumption that the "poor" swing our elections by coming out in droves to cast their vote at election time? If this were indeed the case, then...how are the Republicans ever winning any election NOW?
Simple: voter suppression, gerrymandering
Old 11-17-2019, 03:24 PM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

People were posting on this very website once Obama won and the Dems controlled Congress, that the Republican party was now DEAD for at least the next century...then along came Trump...lulz
Old 11-17-2019, 03:29 PM   #8
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Lambo...if I had read your post first, then I wouldn't have written mine.
yours was much better
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2019, 03:34 PM   #9
Wabash

I don’t think they are doomed but they are making the same mistake as the Democrats. Moderation is what we need and much like the Dems are moving too far left, I think the Republicans are moving too far right. I’m not saying Trump is far right, but the party is heading that way because of him. If Sanders or Warren get in, I think we might be doomed because of their far left views.

I think the majority of intelligent voters want moderation and if Republicans keep moving father right, they will lose these voters to more moderate candidates like Biden.
Wabash is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2019, 03:42 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Simple: voter suppression, gerrymandering
Wow, that is pretty funny.
Not close to reality, but pretty funny.

I love it when people can't tell reality from their own biased hatred.
They make for amusing reading.
Not much else.

Dave, the left has no answers for ANY problems.

The WORST thing the left could do is win the WH and all of congress - the real damage they will do will dwarf the feared damage Trump never caused.

We are not dealing with rational people on the left.
At any freaking level.

Crazy Bernie, Pocahontas, AOC - not 20 IQ points among them.
And not a hint of a solution either.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:57 PM   #11
xtb

The pendulum has always swung back and forth, but in this age of social media and instant news about everything, it swings faster and is skewing left. Everyone wants instant gratification. The poor need jobs/careers through affordable training or education (and I don't mean student loan forgiveness), not more handouts to make them more dependent. If the Republican party feels they need to go the handout route to attract voters, then they will cease to exist. Higher mandatory minimum wages are eliminating the bottom rung of the ladder for many. Out of control health care costs need to be brought down through competition by interstate HMO's. Many talk about it but do nothing.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2019, 04:04 PM   #12
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The poverty rate has dropped for the last three years in a row
Old 11-17-2019, 04:09 PM   #13
fast4522

Is Republican Party Doomed?

The only way I see a demise of the Republican Party is if a large percentage or a large enough were to vote third party. That being said I just do not see that political climate enabling that to happen. However I do see some attractiveness for liberals to gravitate to some third party because of liberal tendency to be with third party candidates.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2019, 04:18 PM   #14
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

The WORST thing the left could do is win the WH and all of congress - the real damage they will do will dwarf the feared damage Trump never caused.
"Build that wall"

"Lock her up"

"We're going to repeal Obamacare"

Trump ran on that.

And three years later with a GOP Senate, GOP House and GOP Supreme Court for 2 of these years.?

No wall

Hillary's still walking her dogs through Westchester County.And will continue to do so.

Still got Obamacare.

So why would "The Left" have an easier time implementing their policies.?

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #15
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
46zilzal[/B];2536918]Well, as a whole, they have sold out most of their credibility(and any adherence to the truth) to the corrupt one in the White House...If the growing trend in the populous keeps moving the way it has, THEY will all be markedly affected by that abandonment
With as much respect as I can muster, your answer is so clearly biased that it nullifies any opinion you might ever have.

But you certainly aren't alone in this trait.

IMHO, if you are an all-left or all-right thinker - if you think your guys are just completely dialed in - your voice will logically be ignored.

Quote:
Thaskalos; ...a full-blown REVOLUTION is on the horizon, IMO. And I can't wait to see the look on the faces of our TV anchorpeople then
Looks that way to me as well.

Quote:
Wabash; Moderation is what we need and much like the Dems are moving too far left, I think the Republicans are moving too far right
That seems to be the logical step. Maybe we'll end up with RinoDino as a 3rd party.

If both parties move to the center, then each party will face its own unique challenge:

Left - To start talking in a reality-based manner that can actually win some center and slightly-right votes. (Currently the party conversation is ridiculously left.)

Right - To start working on social programs and life improvements for those far down the economic and educational chain.

Quote:
Tom; Dave, the left has no answers for ANY problems.

We are not dealing with rational people on the left.
At any freaking level.
I could not agree more, Tom.

As I said above, the left-wing narrative is why they've lost their way.

It seems that Repubs come in varying shades, kind of like the Jewish religion: Orthodox, conservative, reform.

Meanwhile, the Demos have traditional and fundamentalists. Currently, the fundamentalists (otherwise know as extremists) are running the show.

Quote:
XTB The pendulum has always swung back and forth, but in this age of social media and instant news about everything, it swings faster and is skewing left. Everyone wants instant gratification. The poor need jobs/careers through affordable training or education (and I don't mean student loan forgiveness), not more handouts to make them more dependent. If the Republican party feels they need to go the handout route to attract voters, then they will cease to exist. Higher mandatory minimum wages are eliminating the bottom rung of the ladder for many. Out of control health care costs need to be brought down through competition by interstate HMO's. Many talk about it but do nothing.
XTB, This is exactly as I see it.

IMHO, in order to remain relevant, both parties have to build real solutions to complicated problems. Handing out money-based solutions is just not sustainable.

A perfect example is what you mentioned above: Health care.

The problem is NOT INSURANCE. It is spiraling health care COSTS. That's the root problem. Insurance costs (and inability to qualify) are merely SYMPTOMS.

Wow. These are amazing responses.

Last edited by Dave Schwartz; 11-17-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply