Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 07-07-2020, 09:36 AM   #211
FakeNameChanged

NVAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Sounds like it might blow over $100 today.
Ding ding $110.80 and Where the H_ _ _ is Alton?

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 07-07-2020 at 09:39 AM. Reason: added.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2020, 12:05 PM   #212
Ocala Mike

Quote:

You should write the Ocala Mike pharma newsletter. You could be another Porter Stansberry, only your picks actually work. Stand in front of SUFF's condo and Humvee for the cover shot.

If I had a newsletter, I'd call it "The Blind Squirrel.'' The story of how I wound up with some NVAX in my tiny portfolio would make you laugh.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #213
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Sounds like it might blow over $100 today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
If I had a newsletter, I'd call it "The Blind Squirrel.'' The story of how I wound up with some NVAX in my tiny portfolio would make you laugh.
One time when it was still new, I bought 100 shares of Green Mountain Coffee, because I liked those new fangled coffee makers a local company brought into our company to try. They even supplied us with two months of free Keurig cups, and afterwards said it would be .50 a cup. Just on pure luck, it shot up 50 bucks overnight, and went up another 10-20 in the next couple weeks. Quickest profit I'd ever had and no skill required, just that I was an avid coffee drinker.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:56 PM   #214
FakeNameChanged

NKLA

Quote:
Nikola(NKLA) looks like a short prospect to me. It looks like it's lost some of its cult steam lately. I've been avoiding cult stocks as much as possible. But I used to consider Apple a cult stock way back, but at least they had actual products that were getting bought. How many cultists will buy a $350-400K semi truck or an $80K pickup?

I do like their forward thinking of using hydrogen fuel cells to power their electric drives. I think they'll have to also build the infrastructre for hydrogen filling station. From what I've read, they're primarily located in California. No planned availability dates announced for the pickups yet. The CEO is like Elon Musk on steroids. The pickup's rated HP is 906 with 0-60 listed at 2.9 seconds. I heard him say the price for Badger pickup at 60-80K. It will most likely wind up at 80-100K. Of course a lot of people are spending 50-60K for pickups right now.

I think the opportunity to make money with the hydrogen stations, may dwarf the profitability of semi's and pickups. It will take a massive investment to put that into play.
Down $22 since posting, and almost 50 from their high. Haven't seen their ELON MUSK wannabe on CNBC for a few weeks now.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:20 AM   #215
FakeNameChanged

Moderna?

Quote:
Quote:
Insider sales seem unusually high for Moderna, IF they really do have a viable vaccine for Covid-19. Normally I mostly pay attention to Insider buys, but when 6 sales totalling over $30 million were made this past week by the CEO(2), CFO(2), CMO, and General Counsel it doesn't bode well in my opinion.

Their latest insider activity puts them in -24% ownership activity. It may be that they knew a Fraudulent lawsuit was going to be filed on Friday May 22, that they engaged in fraud concerning the news about Covid-19 by a former Att. general of Louisiana.

Looks like the pain is continuing with Moderna, price was down $5 again today. And last week, several more insiders piled on and sold another $89 Million. That puts their ownership in the -33% bracket now. Does that sound like a company on the verge of having a vaccine. Insiders know how well the test results are going. It's probably the first thing they talk about at the morning meetings.
I think they'll be back in the 30's by years end, which is $50 below the day they announced their positive results.
Beating this to death, I know, but there's a Sea of Red for insiders selling their stock, since I posted this a little over a month ago. Has the hope for them having a vaccine disappeared? The news of them signing a deal to supply Spain with Covid-19 vaccine today should drive it up, insiders should have waited a few days, right?
Old 07-20-2020, 03:43 PM   #216
FakeNameChanged

Moderna-JP Morgan downgrade?

Quote:
Quote:
Insider sales seem unusually high for Moderna, IF they really do have a viable vaccine for Covid-19. Normally I mostly pay attention to Insider buys, but when 6 sales totalling over $30 million were made this past week by the CEO(2), CFO(2), CMO, and General Counsel it doesn't bode well in my opinion.

Their latest insider activity puts them in -24% ownership activity. It may be that they knew a Fraudulent lawsuit was going to be filed on Friday May 22, that they engaged in fraud concerning the news about Covid-19 by a former Att. general of Louisiana.

Looks like the pain is continuing with Moderna, price was down $5 again today. And last week, several more insiders piled on and sold another $89 Million. That puts their ownership in the -33% bracket now. Does that sound like a company on the verge of having a vaccine. Insiders know how well the test results are going. It's probably the first thing they talk about at the morning meetings.
I think they'll be back in the 30's by years end, which is $50 below the day they announced their positive results.
Quote:
Beating this to death, I know, but there's a Sea of Red for insiders selling their stock, since I posted this a little over a month ago. Has the hope for them having a vaccine disappeared? The news of them signing a deal to supply Spain with Covid-19 vaccine today should drive it up, insiders should have waited a few days, right?
WTH's Up with Moderna, they're in stage 3 or 4 trials for a vaccine for COVID-19 and JP Morgan downgrades them? Shares down 11-12% today. And since my last couple of posts on this, insiders have been rushing to sell their shares, millions more since my last post.

The put/call options ratio has risen dramatically as well, but that could just be on the downgrade. Short sellers have been building their positions even before the downgrade, but that can't be relied upon, Tesla comes to mind.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:17 PM   #217
FakeNameChanged

Nikola-ouch.

Quote:
Down $22 since posting, and almost 50 from their high. Haven't seen their ELON MUSK wannabe on CNBC for a few weeks now.
Nikola, gapped down today and closed 21% below Friday's close($10.26). Surprisingly JP Morgan is still bullish on the stock, saying they will stand by them as long as they execute to their plan. Who in the EV market has been doing that? Four different companies' analysts all have them as favorable. They're almost $60 off their high in early June.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:46 PM   #218
Ocala Mike

Moderna might be Alydar to Novavax's Affirmed. Fauci might have hitched his wagon to the wrong horse - we'll find out more tomorrow morning.

http://ir.novavax.com/news-releases/...ogress-2nd-isv
Old 07-20-2020, 06:02 PM   #219
lamboguy

Quote:
Moderna might be Alydar to Novavax's Affirmed. Fauci might have hitched his wagon to the wrong horse - we'll find out more tomorrow morning.

that's incredible! i hope you still have shares. i had NVAX 20 years ago when we were dealing with bird flue. i only wish i had gone back in for this one, when you brought it up i almost pulled the trigger. i did play AIM and released 2/3rds today after the run. thanks for the help.

MUX is still good
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2020, 06:09 PM   #220
lamboguy

Quote:

that's incredible! i hope you still have shares. i had NVAX 20 years ago when we were dealing with bird flue. i only wish i had gone back in for this one, when you brought it up i almost pulled the trigger. i did play AIM and released 2/3rds today after the run. thanks for the help.

MUX is still good
Old 07-20-2020, 08:49 PM   #221
Ocala Mike

I bought some NVAX more than 4 years ago on hopes of ResVax success. The trial failed, leading to an 85% selloff and later a 1/20 reverse stock split to avoid delisting. My 800 shares became 40 which is all I have today. My cost basis is around $7 a share. Stock was originally given to my by my racetrack bud who lives on Long Island and has owned some shares since they were an animal health company in the 80's.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:52 AM   #222
FakeNameChanged

Oil

Oil has only closed above $41/bbl one other time since the pandemic began, and it almost cleared 42 yesterday(41.92). It still needs to get above the 250 Day EMA at 43.36 to be considered in an uptrend. $Natgas is still in an ugly down trend.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:30 AM   #223
FakeNameChanged

Silver

I'm normally a trend follower, and a value contrarian where a company or commodity fits my narrative. Having looked at several indicators for silver(SLV), picking a target of 36.00/ounce for this precious metal.

It hasn't been that high since early 2012, and during 2011. Don't ask me when, which isn't very helpful. IMO it will outperform gold and the market for the next year. Oil will probably hit the 53/bbl target before silver gets to its target.

Do your own diligence, I've read zero other people's articles on this metal.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 07-22-2020 at 07:37 AM. Reason: add-on
Old 07-22-2020, 08:44 AM   #224
FakeNameChanged

Johnson & Johnson & Oxford Immunotec

I'm liking the original stock on this thread again. Have a price target of $175 on this 394 billion-dollar, healthcare giant. They just recently broke out of a descending triangle, if you're into that type of thing.Their 8 day EMA has crossed above their 50 and 150 EMA's Long range, I see them going over $200 to 215.

Oxford Immunotec Global- This tiny diagnostics company is about 1/1000 the size of JNJ. Recent Insider activity; almost no hedge funds or institutional investors own them currently. I have a $19.80-20.00 target on them. Their trendline recently crossed above the 250 EMA, and 150 EMA.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 07-22-2020 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:07 AM   #225
lamboguy

Tesla earnings

are out tonight.

the implied move on the stock is over $100 after earnings. they are 1/1billion to be added to the S+P 500. did all the funds that need to buy the stock for their index already buy it? or do they still need to go in?

this could easily be a case of buy the rumor and sell the news.

for those that love silver, MUX is starting to look ultra great. i would hate to be missing this one now because of the lack of inside participation.

the metals market is hitting some major resistance today, lets see if it can get through it.

Last edited by lamboguy; 07-22-2020 at 09:09 AM.