Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-05-2020, 05:17 PM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician

Frontline

A new show will premiere soon to cover the fate of all those unfortunate people TRAPPED on the Petri dishes of luxury liners NOT allowed to port anywhere, their close proximity and lack of medical care spelled many to early death.

Entitled Virus at Sea
Old 07-05-2020, 05:27 PM   #2
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Frontline is one of the best programs on TV, along with other PBS gems like American Experience & POV & Independent Lens

Jiro Dreams Of Sushi is one of the best episodes I've seen...so is I Like Swatting Flies
Old 07-05-2020, 07:00 PM   #3
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
A new show will premiere soon to cover the fate of all those unfortunate people TRAPPED on the Petri dishes of luxury liners NOT allowed to port anywhere, their close proximity and lack of medical care spelled many to early death.

Entitled Virus at Sea
Maybe they can do a sequel afterwards about all "those unfortunate" nursing home patients who were "trapped" in their facilities with covid-19 patients that were foisted upon them by dimwit governors so that they could die prematurely.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:08 PM   #4
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Maybe they can do a sequel afterwards about all "those unfortunate" nursing home patients who were "trapped" in their facilities with covid-19 patients that were foisted upon them by dimwit governors so that they could die prematurely.
More of Boxers Christian politics invading everything. You remind me of those nuts who hang outside college bars and preach, I mean yell, at all those fornicating sinners.
Funny how an alleged religious man like you is so full of hate.
You're a pathetic fake.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #5
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
More of Boxers Christian politics invading everything. You remind me of those nuts who hang outside college bars and preach, I mean yell, at all those fornicating sinners.
You're a pathetic fake.
FWIW, I had Frontline set on auto record until this summer. It's just too one sided, politically. Can't listen to it anymore, no objectivity. Even the wife can't sit thru 5 minutes of it

As to Boxcar's comment about them doing an hour study on the folks in Nursing Homes.... I'd like to see it because it's cost several thousands of lives and no one gives a shit. But, it's "Blame Trump, not the local government officials". Thus, it'll never see the light of day as an objective, non partisan episode.

Enjoy Frontline. I'll pass
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2020, 10:37 AM   #6
boxcar

Quote:
You're a pathetic fake.
Oh, my goodness. Did I strike a sensitive nerve or what?

By the way if anyone is "so full of hate", it's gotta be those dimwit governors who prematurely sent numerous elderly nursing home patients to their deaths by deliberately packing those homes with covid-19 positive cases. One would think logically think that those governors would have been charged with multiple murder counts by now...but we do that know that our justice system is two-sided, unfortunately. This alone is an excellent reason for Frontline to do an in-depth follow up on these murderers and expose all the tragic deaths of their victims to the full light of day.

Why are you so opposed to this idea?
Old 07-06-2020, 10:56 AM   #7
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
FWIW, I had Frontline set on auto record until this summer. It's just too one sided, politically.
Isn't it amazing that some people CREATE things that are NOT THERE?

Frontline is about the most UNBIASED news presentation on television and many idiots in gubbment have been trying to defund that network for years in an attempt in blocking good reporting
Old 07-06-2020, 10:58 AM   #8
boxcar

Quote:

Frontline is about the most UNBIASED news presentation on television and many idiots in gubbment have been trying to defund that network for years in an attempt in blocking good reporting
Actually, it's not so amazing. Very many Americans have been following the creation of the Trump-Russia-Collusion farce for about 4 years now.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:03 AM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
THAT would be a prefect show - time to focus light on those who misuse their power and official status. Cuomo should be charged with multiple murders.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:06 AM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
You're a pathetic fake.
And yet her YOU are, totally ignoring the total STUPIDITY of putting infected people in with trapped elderly - isn't THAT the EXACT same situation YOU just praised 46 fore mentioning?

Seems to me YOU are the one who has a political, moral problem here. Same on you.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:09 AM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

Overall, they do a good job, BUT, there is many times a definite left-leaning political undertone to the reporting. Nothing like CNN, but it is STILL THERE is your not a brain dead viewer.

And of COURSE it should be defunded - it should stand on it's own like every other entertainment outlet out there. NO FUNDING for them from taxpayer money. Not a nickel.

Defund COPS but fund TV????? Stupidity on steroids.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:27 AM   #12
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
And yet her YOU are, totally ignoring the total STUPIDITY of putting infected people in with trapped elderly - isn't THAT the EXACT same situation YOU just praised 46 fore mentioning?

Seems to me YOU are the one who has a political, moral problem here. Same on you.
And yet...if you or I were infected with covid-19, was aware of it and we intentionally mingled with as many people as possible to infect them, and any of them died, we would be charged with first degree murder in half a heart beat. But governors and other government officials who ordered that nursing homes be populated with covid-19 positive patients, knowing that a very large number of the elderly, being the most vulnerable and likely to contract the disease, would finally succumb -- yet, these despicable, pathetic excuses for human beings get a free pass.

POT Shirley has a very strange sense of justice.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:32 AM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Actually, it's not so amazing. Very many Americans have been following the creation of the Trump-Russia-Collusion farce for about 4 years now.
You're not wrong.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:42 AM   #14
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

I really don't know what far right POS website you get the notion that Democrats did anything to sabotage nursing homes? You have mentioned and implied this over and over again. Meanwhile back at "I don't give a shit Trumplandia"

The Trump Administration’s Deregulation of Nursing Homes Leaves Seniors and Disabled at Higher Risk for COVID-19
https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...risk-covid-19/

.....In 2016, the Obama administration enacted a series of rules to improve the treatment of patients in nursing homes and long-term care facilities. These rules strengthened the standards for quality of care and infection prevention and levied significantly higher fines and penalties than those previously in place. They also strengthened the original residents’ bill of rights legislation with a specific focus on the use of binding arbitration.

The nursing home lobby rebelled against this increased level of oversight and rising penalties. The inauguration of President Donald Trump and the growing Republican control of Congress saw the beginning of a robust advocacy campaign by the industry to roll back the changes, citing the onerous nature of the standards and the severity of the financial penalties.

In March 2017, lobbyists for the nursing home industry also began advocating for changes to the Nursing Home Reform Act. They argued that fines should be significantly lessened or eliminated if there was no harm done to residents or if the situation took place before an inspection. They also asked to eliminate the requirement for nursing homes to evaluate the staffing levels needed to provide adequate care—and wanted residents to agree to binding arbitration should they seek to sue at some point in the future.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:47 AM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I really don't know what far right POS website you get the notion that Democrats did anything to sabotage nursing homes? You have mentioned and implied this over and over again.
Come on, Man!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: