Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:51 PM   #5881
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Ah, SCIENCE!

AND STATISTICS!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2020, 08:05 PM   #5882
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Sadly, you misunderstand...again.

Why would I have a problem with Trump's indoor gathering?

Why would I have a problem with the protesters?

Hint...I have NO problem with either the TRUMP rally OR peaceful protesters.

What *I* have a problem with is HYPOCRITES who CRITICIZED like MAD the TRUMP RALLY, while gleefully celebrating the protesters, many of whom are CLEARLY breaking COVID protocol.

I also have a problem with HCAP on this board trying to convince anyone who will listen the recent SURGE among COVID cases among the YOUTH has little to NOTHING to do with the protesters or rioters/looters/destructionists running amok.

My problem is with HYPOCRISY...

I'm all FOR people doing what they want to do...you wanna go to a rally where you know the deal...GO FOR IT...you want to peacefully protest in the streets with hundreds of others, knowing the potential COVID ramifications? GO FOR THAT too...

Just don't be a hypocrite about it (not saying this to you...just explaining your misunderstanding of how I could be "for" Trump rally and "against" peaceful protests....I'm not)
How conservative of you!
Old 07-02-2020, 08:39 PM   #5883
lansdale

Texas hospital flooded by Covid-19 tsunami

This San Antonio hospital is on the verge of being overwhelmed by Covid-19 patients and starting to be forced to triage new cases -- all too reminiscent of events in NY/NJ a few months back. This is similar to what I'm hearing from friends in Austin and Houston. If the rise in new cases continues to unfold at this pace -- as in NY -- it's going to be difficult for those with non-Covid medical problems from getting access to hospitals -- not only beds, but even space in the ER -- ambulances will start to become scarce. People with non-Covid diseases end up dying in ERs and hospital corridors -- the collateral damage of Covid-19.

What brought this home to me was a convo with a friend -- a retired accountant in suburban Houston who has a wife with multiple cardiac issues. Her condition is serious enough that he and his wife are going to Baton Rouge and are staying with friends to guarantee access to timely medical care until the surge dies down -- hopefully within a month or so. I learned from him that the Texas Medical Center is the biggest collective medical service area in the world -- ca. 10k beds and 100k employees -- and even so, he says that, of those he knows that work there, none have ever seen the medical staff and facilities under this kind of strain.

I know many doctors in the NY area -- some of their friends are still traumatized by the city's Covid-19 rampage -- and during that period they advised everyone they could, to try to seek medical care outside the city if they had urgent or just serious health issues. I would pass along the same advice to anyone in these surge areas of the South and West for as long as it lasts.

lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 08:59 PM   #5884
46zilzal
velocitician

Maybe you can help me understand something. I did a month's externship at BEXAR (they all pronounced BEAR) County Hospital...long ago......

What is the origin of that name?...thanks
Old 07-02-2020, 09:09 PM   #5885
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Maybe you can help me understand something. I did a month's externship at BEXAR (they all pronounced BEAR) County Hospital...long ago......

Exit the bear?
Old 07-02-2020, 09:23 PM   #5886
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Annnnnnnnnd we are SHUT DOWN.
New employee tested positive last week and we are closed for two weeks.
Hoping to open next Friday the 10th but that's contingent on everyone else testing negative. We all got re tested this past Monday and are awaiting results.
Fingers crossed!

Hardest thing I've had to do in a long time was to inform my dedicated crew that they'd be out of work for two weeks. Salaried folks will still get paid but they've been working with me all week cleaning and sanitizing everything top to bottom.

Scary times for sure but as I say:
GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION....now more than ever.
I love my staff!!!
Old 07-02-2020, 09:32 PM   #5887
clicknow

Quote:
I don't care what you think about Trump.
That's good. Cuz what I think about Trump isn't important. How I vote is. I don't waste time here calling him names as some do.

Quote:
But what you're written about the whole COVID situation is hilarious, for the most part. That's what drives me to continue replying to you.
The hilarity of mask as "symbol of fear" is partly what kept me posting. Since a mask is viewed by many as a symbol of concern for others in the community.

What I've written about the whole covid situation is supporting social distancing/masks thru-out the topic, living in a state where there were no orders for lockdowns, except for measured approaches suggested by CDC and health department. Every day I tuned in to see my governor walking on stage w/a mask.

I patronize businesses following the suggested protocols. They are alive and kicking in my local economy.

I see Pence is wearing "the symbol of fear" as he caves to pressure.
Trump is still saying the virus will just "disappear".

As for hilarity, there is none. 397 deaths per million=#9 in the world, and #1 in total deaths.

EU barring American travelers isn't good news for the economy, either.

It's cause and effect. People crowd into bars, then governors close them. Like dealing w/children who won't stop trying to put their fingers into electrical sockets. You have to cover/close the sockets, or restrict those children from access. (unfortunately this adversely affect those who did things right)

Hilarity is blaming those who restricted the children.

Last edited by clicknow; 07-02-2020 at 09:33 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 09:37 PM   #5888
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Hoping to open next Friday the 10th but that's contingent on everyone else testing negative. We all got re tested this past Monday and are awaiting results.
Fingers crossed!

Hardest thing I've had to do in a long time was to inform my dedicated crew that they'd be out of work for two weeks. Salaried folks will still get paid but they've been working with me all week cleaning and sanitizing everything top to bottom.

I love my staff!!!
I had 1 test positive who was already off for something else. She has absolutely no symptoms

None.

Sorry to hear you’re closed. Looks like you have a great attitude.

I’m trying to figure out a way to pay her, without paying her. I can’t pay one then have an outbreak and have to pay all of them. I can’t afford that, especially right now. I have a plan......
Old 07-02-2020, 10:09 PM   #5889
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post

Bejar is/ was a town in Spain IIRC, the town was named after one of the Duke of Bejar's sonS

SA was not too bad a place in the 70s, kind of went downhill during the 90s. I enjoyed going down there when I attended UT. Nowdays it's nowhere near the town it used to be..IMO
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 10:11 PM   #5890
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Fingers crossed!

I love my staff!!!
Hope things come around for you, POT. Good vibes your way
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 07-02-2020, 10:15 PM   #5891
GMB@BP

HCAP will be a bit upset about this but the LA County health admits that some of the increase they are feeling is attributable to the protests. Wont be the last to say that either.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 10:18 PM   #5892
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale View Post
This San Antonio hospital is on the verge of being overwhelmed by Covid-19 patients and starting to be forced to triage new cases -- all too reminiscent of events in NY/NJ a few months back. This is similar to what I'm hearing from friends in Austin and Houston. If the rise in new cases continues to unfold at this pace -- as in NY -- it's going to be difficult for those with non-Covid medical problems from getting access to hospitals -- not only beds, but even space in the ER -- ambulances will start to become scarce. People with non-Covid diseases end up dying in ERs and hospital corridors -- the collateral damage of Covid-19.

What brought this home to me was a convo with a friend -- a retired accountant in suburban Houston who has a wife with multiple cardiac issues. Her condition is serious enough that he and his wife are going to Baton Rouge and are staying with friends to guarantee access to timely medical care until the surge dies down -- hopefully within a month or so. I learned from him that the Texas Medical Center is the biggest collective medical service area in the world -- ca. 10k beds and 100k employees -- and even so, he says that, of those he knows that work there, none have ever seen the medical staff and facilities under this kind of strain.

I know many doctors in the NY area -- some of their friends are still traumatized by the city's Covid-19 rampage -- and during that period they advised everyone they could, to try to seek medical care outside the city if they had urgent or just serious health issues. I would pass along the same advice to anyone in these surge areas of the South and West for as long as it lasts.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jQlTC4sUznM
You may have heard this before, but anyone checking into an emergency room in TX is being counted as "hospitalized" even if they are treated and released-- which according to most admins interviewed here, is the vast majority

The one and only hospital honcho in the Dallas area that's complaining about capacity issues is Parkland's guy. Parkland is the hospital every indigent checks into, and 20 yrs ago gave birth to illegals over citizens by a 2:1 ratio. Few pay their bills at Parkland, and Dallas county residents foot the bill via property taxes.

Lot of drama in his interviews. Then Methodist, or B-S&W, or another honcho will say all is ok. Enough beds, enough ICU capacity etc.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:24 PM   #5893
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
You may have heard this before, but anyone checking into an emergency room in TX is being counted as "hospitalized" even if they are treated and released-- which according to most admins interviewed here, is the vast majority

The one and only hospital honcho in the Dallas area that's complaining about capacity issues is Parkland's guy. Parkland is the hospital every indigent checks into, and 20 yrs ago gave birth to illegals over citizens by a 2:1 ratio. Few pay their bills at Parkland, and Dallas county residents foot the bill via property taxes.

Lot of drama in his interviews. Then Methodist, or B-S&W, or another honcho will say all is ok. Enough beds, enough ICU capacity etc.
Yes, my boss got the Covid and he was 104.7 and urgent care sent him to the hospital and they gave him medicine and an some kind of cool treatment and then when the fever got back to a more manageable number they sent him on his way. So that counts all the same as someone who is there days.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2020, 10:57 PM   #5894
MONEY

Hydroxychloroquine works

"The study analyzed 2,541 patients hospitalized among the system’s six hospitals between March 10 and May 2 and found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine died while 26% of those who did not receive the drug died."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...te/5365090002/

"Dr. Marcus Zervos, division head of infectious disease for Henry Ford Health System, said 26% of those not given hydroxychloroquine died, compared to 13% of those who got the drug. The team looked back at everyone treated in the hospital system since the first patient in March."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/healt...udy/index.html
Old 07-02-2020, 10:58 PM   #5895
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Yes, my boss got the Covid and he was 104.7 and urgent care sent him to the hospital and they gave him medicine and an some kind of cool treatment and then when the fever got back to a more manageable number they sent him on his way. So that counts all the same as someone who is there days.
Glad he's ok, 104.7 is really high. My normal temp is 98.0 or so, my fever wasn't much over 99.5 in November when I caught it.

Speaking of skewed statistics I was told I counted twice as a positive c19. Tested twice (2nd time by request), have read where people like me are counted twice in the stats. So much bullshit with #s being played out.