Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Robert Fischer
clean money

Charles Town R2 wednesday 10/17

Anyone know what happened here ?

I had the horse to show.

Horse breaks cleanly, runs 2nd the whole way and finishes 2nd as clearly the 2nd best.

I come back to see the 6 is not listed in the top 3 horses. My ADW shows it as a loss.

Watched the replay, no cause for objection that I could see. He didn't break down near the wire, I saw the horse cross the line, and verified that it was #6.

Did anybody catch this ? Was there a DQ ??
Old 10-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
Robert Fischer
clean money

just watched the replay again

couldn't have been cleaner out of the gate and into the first turn.

horse name Stop the Bull
Old 10-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
Anyone know what happened here ?

I had the horse to show.

Horse breaks cleanly, runs 2nd the whole way and finishes 2nd as clearly the 2nd best.

I come back to see the 6 is not listed in the top 3 horses. My ADW shows it as a loss.

Watched the replay, no cause for objection that I could see. He didn't break down near the wire, I saw the horse cross the line, and verified that it was #6.

Did anybody catch this ? Was there a DQ ??

There was and I think the issue was at the start?
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
lamboguy

it was a very marginable take down. i had the same horse. he banged into the 5 who in turn banged into the 4. most of the time they let that go, in WV, you never know what they are going to do. i thought they were going to leave it up because there was only $5k in the show hole on him. i was wrong!
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
it was a very marginable take down. i had the same horse. he banged into the 5 who in turn banged into the 4. most of the time they let that go, in WV, you never know what they are going to do. i thought they were going to leave it up because there was only $5k in the show hole on him. i was wrong!
just watched it again

he never touched the 5

are they saying he cut across the 5 too aggressively ??

WTF this is stupidity
Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
Robert Fischer
clean money

guess they don't like minus pools there.

Lesson learned.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran

CT has borderline takedowns there all the time, they run a 'tight ship' sort of speak.

Call the judges and state your case and tell them why you think it was a bad call. I've called CT before (maybe 6-9 months ago?) and had a nice and somewhat long conversation with one of the judges about a DQ i thought was unfair. I think you need to be civil and professional and the guy will give you the time of day and tell you why the horse came down.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
...are they saying he cut across the 5 too aggressively ??

WTF this is stupidity
I would assume so. He drops pretty aggressively from the 6 path down to about the three and from the head-on it seems the five reacted as though the 6 wasn't clear of him and began a chain reaction that forced the three others inside of him to all take up to some degree. The head-on view shows what happens, but it surely doesn't demonstrate whether or not the 6 was clear of the 5 or anyone else. It looks as though the 5 broke a little poorly, which in my mind mitigates any "entitlement" to a path leaving the gate when it is a horse directly inside or outside that comes down or over. I tried watching the pan from the live view again, but that angle sucks too. It certainly may be the case that the 6 was not sufficiently clear when dropping in and caused all the trouble, but the two angles available to the viewer don't make an exceedingly convincing case to substantiate that beyond something in the ballpark of a reasonable doubt.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #9
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
CT has borderline takedowns there all the time, they run a 'tight ship' sort of speak.

Call the judges and state your case and tell them why you think it was a bad call. I've called CT before (maybe 6-9 months ago?) and had a nice and somewhat long conversation with one of the judges about a DQ i thought was unfair. I think you need to be civil and professional and the guy will give you the time of day and tell you why the horse came down.
Thanks Stillriled.

I can see what the call was on the replay. The horse (one post inside of my 6) was out of control from the break. At the break the 5 lugs in to the 4 all on his own, while the 6 breaks straight ahead.

My jock Jose Montano on my has a clear path to start to move inside to secure decent position into the tight first turn. However Montano was demonstrative with the move. -Andd at the same time he didn't urge my 6.

Meanwhile the GOOFY 5 horse (who has 1/18th the WPS money as my 6) Is busy lugging in AGAIN on the 4 and putting everyone in tight quarters.
Had Montano urged my 6 and accelerated into the 1st turn it would have been obvious that the 5 was just a mess, but with Horse and rider sitting tight (picture Dominguez when he knows he has secured rail position going to the 1st turn), I can see how it looked bad and could be construed as my 6 causing him to be lugging in and leaning on the other horse in tight quarters.

Obviously I'm biased, but that is the best I could see from that.

Honestly a little "stunned", at this moment don't think contacting the stewards would be a benefit, but I am going to withdraw and regroup.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #10
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
It looks as though the 5 broke a little poorly, which in my mind mitigates any "entitlement" to a path leaving the gate when it is a horse directly inside or outside that comes down or over. I tried watching the pan from the live view again, but that angle sucks too. It certainly may be the case that the 6 was not sufficiently clear when dropping in and caused all the trouble, but the two angles available to the viewer don't make an exceedingly convincing case to substantiate that beyond something in the ballpark of a reasonable doubt.
thanks JHS
Old 10-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #11
Robert Fischer
clean money

aw man..

the "goofy" 5 horse from this race "FRANK GALL"

his last race his comments: "came out bumping ROCKY TWIST at the start, brushed JENNYS EARTHQUAKE early then never factored outside"

I just watched Frank Galls' last race (9/27) and he did the same crap at the beginning of the race lugging into other horses and putting several in tight quarters.

i need to move on. forget it.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 10-17-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2012, 02:23 AM   #12
SharpCat

I had the 6 in the exacta. I believe it was the correct call. There was a stewards inquiry 4 against the 6. Let's get this out of the way. If you watch the head on the 5 breaks inward ever so slighty and the jock quickly corrects him never making any contact or impeding the 4 horse in any manor. Montavo on the 6 horse moves toward the inside without having proper clearance of the 5 horse who eventually came over on the 4 horse. Montavo never even looked over his shoulder to make sure he had proper clearance before moving towards the inside. I'm sure the stewards will be going over the replay with Montavo.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpCat
I had the 6 in the exacta. I believe it was the correct call. There was a stewards inquiry 4 against the 6. Let's get this out of the way. If you watch the head on the 5 breaks inward ever so slighty and the jock quickly corrects him never making any contact or impeding the 4 horse in any manor. Montavo on the 6 horse moves toward the inside without having proper clearance of the 5 horse who eventually came over on the 4 horse. Montavo never even looked over his shoulder to make sure he had proper clearance before moving towards the inside. I'm sure the stewards will be going over the replay with Montavo.

I watched the regular and head on replays several times and it is hard to tell if he was clear when he moved over. That being said, what that horse got taken down for probably happens in at least thirty percent of the races up there in the short period after leaving the gate and they rarely take horses down or even take a look at it at all.
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #14
SharpCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relwob Owner
I watched the regular and head on replays several times and it is hard to tell if he was clear when he moved over. That being said, what that horse got taken down for probably happens in at least thirty percent of the races up there in the short period after leaving the gate and they rarely take horses down or even take a look at it at all.

I was ok with the descision. I personally thought he did not have proper clearance when he came over causing a chain reaction. One thing I can say for sure is that the stewards did not take long to make their descision. I put this one on the jockey for not looking to see whether he was clear or not. As for the stewards all I can ask is that they be consistent but they struggle to do that.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-19-2012, 02:41 AM   #15
appistappis
longshot kick de bucket

another brutal call in my opinion.....the 6 did no more to the 5/4 than the 1 did to the 2/3 out of the gate.