Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-19-2018, 07:35 PM   #16
Fightingirish51195

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahura2 View Post
Win or lose, Justify will at least bring attention to our sport even if its only for 3 weeks. Bound to get some new customers out of that.
Absolutely, I didn’t want justify to win today, but atleast the Belmont is a lot more exciting now
Fightingirish51195 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2018, 07:37 PM   #17
SharpCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Smith said post race the horse was tiring. Baffert said he would only run in the Belmont if the preparation goes well.

Read the tea leaves here....
Mike said it was a combination of Justify getting a little tired and waiting on horses. Mike said he thinks Justify could improve off this effort.

I think any trainer would say what Baffert said.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #18
clicknow

Jeez, Justify JUST WON the Preakness and already w/in 2 seconds somebody has the snatch "the treat" right outs of his mouth.

(My dog wouldn't like that if you did that to him. He's a gentle Lab, but he might bite you for that)

Last edited by clicknow; 05-19-2018 at 07:39 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2018, 07:39 PM   #19
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpCat View Post
Mike said it was a combination of Justify getting a little tired and waiting on horses. Mike said he thinks Justify could improve off this effort.

I think any trainer would say what Baffert said.
Statements against interest are more believable.

Smith's admission that the horse was tired was the honest part of the statement.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2018, 07:40 PM   #20
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Jeez, Justify JUST WON the Preakness and already w/in 2 seconds somebody has the snatch "the treat" right outs of his mouth.

(My dog wouldn't like that if you did that to him. He's a gentle Lab, but he might bite you for that)
This is a handicapping board.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:42 PM   #21
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightingirish51195 View Post
I don’t think he’s got the foundation to win the grueling test that is the Belmont.
I'll agree with this.

I wonder if Solomini will go in the Belmont? That one seems like he could run all day if he could get his act together, but he would probably have to run in a vacuum.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:43 PM   #22
BCOURTNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
I'm sure some people who bet Good Magic will complain but I'm glad Ortiz tested Justify, it made the race exciting. It was the only chance he had to beat him because no one else could run with Justify early.
Agreed, did Good Magic win it for the others? This a legitimate question before the touting starts.. Final times say we have a nice field for the Belmont regardless..

Last edited by BCOURTNEY; 05-19-2018 at 07:44 PM.
BCOURTNEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2018, 07:44 PM   #23
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
This is a handicapping board.

I agree but it was GD goop and he was outside the whole time (what is that on TG) against a very good horse. IF he can rest enough in 3 weeks he can do it. #BetterthanParoah
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2018, 07:46 PM   #24
metro

Quote:
Smith said post race the horse was tiring. Baffert said he would only run in the Belmont if the preparation goes well.

Read the tea leaves here....
imo track seemed more tiring for Preakness than the other races on the card, (maybe something to do with the hour between races). Pace slower than Sir Barton yet closers still figured prominently, Lone Sailor made up something like 8 lengths on Justify from KYD to today??
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2018, 07:48 PM   #25
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I would like to see a race where he can set the pace rather than dueling.
Horse who wins KY Derby has target on back, Lukas threatened to send, so did Brown.

I give credit to GM for "being able to do it". Wasn't sure his strategy "run it like a match race" was a good strategy on Brown's part
Old 05-19-2018, 07:53 PM   #26
SharpCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Horse who wins KY Derby has target on back, Lukas threatened to send, so did Brown.

I give credit to GM for "being able to do it". Wasn't sure his strategy "run it like a match race" was a good strategy on Brown's part

Bad strategy in my opinion. I think the better option would have been to let Justify clear and then engage him on the outside.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:54 PM   #27
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
imo track seemed more tiring for Preakness than the other races on the card, (maybe something to do with the hour between races). Pace slower than Sir Barton yet closers still figured prominently, Lone Sailor made up something like 8 lengths on Justify from KYD to today??
It's not just LS. 4 horses very close to Justify. That is very meaningful.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:55 PM   #28
Fightingirish51195

Quote:
Bad strategy in my opinion. I think the better option would have been to let Justify clear and then engage him on the outside.
If they did that, not sure anyone would’ve touched him. Why did justify tire at the end? Is he just tiring through the triple crown process? Or was it the battle he was engaged in.
Fightingirish51195 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2018, 07:55 PM   #29
dilanesp

Quote:
You probably thought Desormeaux should have gone wide with Exaggerator on the off track 3 years ago....
Old 05-19-2018, 07:58 PM   #30
SharpCat

Quote:
You probably thought Desormeaux should have gone wide with Exaggerator on the off track 3 years ago....
Not sure about 3 years ago but today I would much rather be on the outside in a match race scenario.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: