Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-07-2018, 04:27 PM   #61
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirNate012 View Post
Dude, you are off your rocker.

First of all....Fairy tale trip!? 22/45 in the slop, pressing the pace at 10 furlongs? Fairly tale trip my ass, and once again, there are no $.10 cent supers on the Derby.

2nd of all, it paid $19,618.20 to $1.00. Wanna know how I know? Because I hit it twice, no shower needed.
I know someone else from this board who hit the super for a $1. This is some board!
Old 05-07-2018, 04:28 PM   #62
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneF View Post
I already said I misread the super pay out. All my tickets had Mendelssohn singled on top so I just glanced at the payouts and moved on.

Yeah the fact no horse stepped up and put in any kind of a credible stretch run pretty much means he got a dream trip.

This horse should buy a lottery ticket. All 4 of his races were dream set ups. Once a decent horse gets Justify on the square than the bubble bursts ...
Let me know when everyone has had their fill of this delusional character...or I might not even wait that long.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #63
AirNate012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I know someone else from this board who hit the super for a $1. This is some board!
Sorry I don't post that much but something had to be said about LoneF's posts .
AirNate012 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #64
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Let me know when everyone has had their fill of this delusional character...or I might not even wait that long.
PA,

I am full, thank you.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 04:40 PM   #65
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkApe View Post
...Like they say, if you're ever feeling fat or ugly, go the state fair..
Not to be confused with the old saying, "if want nice pictures from your wedding, get bridesmaids and groomsmen that don't make the covers of celeb magazines...."

It's the same of s#!t every year. Handicappers, and I use that term loosely, letting their emotions get the best of them and coming to concrete conclusions based on a handful of races early in the 3YO season.

10 furlongs on a sloppy track won by a horse making his fourth lifetime start should obviously bring up some questions, but that doesn't mean the speed figures he's running can be dismissed out of hand. The reality is most likely somewhere in between, and it won't be until after Breeder's Cup next year, IMHO, that we can have a handle on how solid this crop is, and even then it if it doesn't translate to the breeding shed, the class of 2018 may soon be forgotten. I don't recall who American Pharoah even beat, though sometimes I wake up in the mornings and don't remember my own name.

Assuming LoneF gets past the 18 year-old restriction on betting in Maryland, he's setting himself up for disappointment in the Preakness. A suspect Derby winner can best be taken advantage of in the Belmont....
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 04:42 PM   #66
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Restrict him to the Religion II thread in off-topic. That'll learn 'em.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:58 PM   #67
SkunkApe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirNate012 View Post
Dude, you are off your rocker.

First of all....Fairy tale trip!? 22/45 in the slop, pressing the pace at 10 furlongs? Fairly tale trip my ass, and once again, there are no $.10 cent supers on the Derby.

2nd of all, it paid $19,618.20 to $1.00. Wanna know how I know? Because I hit it twice, no shower needed.
Nice!

I had 7-5-6-15. (Singled the 7 in all bets.) I thought I hit it, then they put the numbers up.

I'm still in mourning.

I had a big win on 7, though. So that's some small consolation. (Well that, and I didn't get suckered into the Mendelssohn hype. Didn't have him on any ticket. I already fell for that once, with Mubtaahij.)
SkunkApe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 05:07 PM   #68
AirNate012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkApe View Post
Nice!

I had 7-5-6-15. (Singled the 7 in all bets.) I thought I hit it, then they put the numbers up.

I'm still in mourning.

I had a big win on 7, though. So that's some small consolation. (Well that, and I didn't get suckered into the Mendelssohn hype. Didn't have him on any ticket. I already fell for that once, with Mubtaahij.)
Man...that sucks! It looked like Audible got up on the wire when I first saw it. I do know the feeling though, I had LAL in the 3rd spot and BOM in the 2nd spot last year and missed it

I included Mend underneath just in case, but I singled Justify on top as well in all tickets, and keyed GM, Audible, and Bolt to hit the super underneath with most of the field. Got lucky, I had honestly not hit a single race on Saturday until the Derby.
AirNate012 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 05:17 PM   #69
Vinnie

What people (LoneF) in particular seem to be missing:

1. This horses first race was on Feb. 18th (less than 3 months ago).
2. 2nd Race a few weeks later.
3. Wins the Santa Anita Derby because he literally "stole it"on the front because
no other animal(s) dare I say on the planet could catch him once he was on
the lead on April 7th.
4. In less than a month from there he won the KY Derby at 1 1/4 miles on the
wettest track in Derby History. Apollo Curse my ass! It takes an incredibly
special animal to accomplish the aforementioned. Hell, it may be another
100 to 150 years before you see it happen again. He is just that special a
horse.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 05:27 PM   #70
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Doesn't this remind you of the guy that just couldn't admit American Pharoah was fabulous even after taking the Triple Crown and the BC Classic?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 05:43 PM   #71
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
....Apollo Curse my ass! It takes an incredibly special animal to accomplish the aforementioned. Hell, it may be another 100 to 150 years before you see it happen again. He is just that special a horse.
Won't argue the horse is something special, but he's got a bit more to prove before he's crowned "best ever!". The Secretariat, Man of War, Seabiscuit, Seattle Slew (and the like) fans are not shaking in their boots.

Yet.

As for American Pharoah, he may be a fabulous horse, but he never stirred my soul. Horses with the stalk and pounce running styles (like Cigar) never will, unless they're breaking track records right and left.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:23 PM   #72
Vinnie

I never stated that he or any other horse was the "Best Ever"! I haven't seen them all run, so, I would never make such a proclamation. He is without a doubt one Incredible Horse however.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 06:23 PM   #73
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
Won't argue the horse is something special, but he's got a bit more to prove before he's crowned "best ever!". The Secretariat, Man of War, Seabiscuit, Seattle Slew (and the like) fans are not shaking in their boots.

Yet.

As for American Pharoah, he may be a fabulous horse, but he never stirred my soul. Horses with the stalk and pounce running styles (like Cigar) never will, unless they're breaking track records right and left.
The way tracks play today you aren't going to see many track records at all unless it is a rarely run distance or a new track just establishing records. They are slower due to safety concerns. It has even spread to SoCal.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 06:27 PM   #74
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneF View Post
The Preakness will be the crown jewel of my illustrious handicapping career
Preakness isn't usually a money maker. The Belmont is a race that will have better odds, and there are less horses that can successfully run that particular race. If i were you I'd save my $ for the 3rd leg.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2018, 06:31 PM   #75
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Preakness isn't usually a money maker. The Belmont is a race that will have better odds, and there are less horses that can successfully run that particular race. If i were you I'd save my $ for the 3rd leg.
In the last 10 years or so some big prices have come down the pipe in the Preakness. Cloud Computing, Oxbow, Shackleford, and Bernardini were double digit odds. Even Curlin paid out at nearly 7-2.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: