Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-21-2018, 12:15 PM   #691
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE!
I doesn't...

What point are you trying to make right now? I'm just asking.

Quote:
Just that he used the same procedures. Precisely because Trump is much tougher on immigration, the numbers are higher. But the procedure existed and was utilized just the same under both administrations.
If you want to argue then the underlined part above is wrong. Hence:

Quote:
Again in the 18 months prior to the zero tolerance EO there 350 separations.

In the 6 weeks afterward... 2,300.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 12:40 PM   #692
reckless
Veteran

Here's a reminder (and a small history lesson) to all you big-hearted --not-- liberals and Democrats about the phony migrant issue. And, of course, this false agenda is perpetuated by the media solely for their brain-dead followers who live 24/7 on the hate-Trump/hate-America kool-aid:

Quote:
Some liberal Democrats are fighting back tears when discussing President Donald Trump’s travel ban on Muslims from seven nations.

But in 1975, leftist Democrats went to great lengths to keep Vietnamese refugees (even orphans) out of the United States. During his first stint as governor, Jerry Brown fought to stop Vietnamese refugees from being delivered to California.

Trump issued the order, the White House said, so that a better system to vet refugees coming from those nations can be put into place.

The Democrat complaints in 1975 appeared to center on the fact that the refugees were escaping communism, an ideology, analysts say, liberals did not find that objectionable.

Leading the effort to ban the Vietnamese refugees was California’s Gov. Jerry Brown. Other prominent Democrats calling for the ban were Delaware’s Sen. Joe Biden, former presidential “peace candidate” George McGovern, and New York Congresswoman Elizabeth Holtzman.
And here's the best part of the article, written in January 2017:

Quote:
National Public Radio host Debbie Elliott retraced Brown’s refusal to accept any refugees in a January 2007 interview with Julia Taft. According to a transcript, which was aired on its flagship program, “All Things Considered,” Taft said, “our biggest problem came from California due to Brown.” She called his rejection of Vietnamese refugees “a moral blow.”

Taft recalled another reason liberals opposed the refugees: “They (Democrats such as Biden, Brown, et al) said they had too many Hispanics, too many people on welfare, they didn’t want these people.

“They didn’t want any of these refugees ...,” she told NPR.

“They had already a large number of foreign-born people there. They had – they said they had too many Hispanics, too many people on welfare, they didn’t want these people.”
http://www.worldtribune.com/flashbac...mese-refugees/

And from the same article:

Quote:
Twenty years later, another Democrat was getting a standing ovation in Congress for demanding stronger border defenses, and deporting criminal illegal immigrants.

In his 1995 State of the Union address, President Bill Clinton said:

“We are a nation of immigrants.. but we are a nation of laws. Our nation is rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country…

“Illegal immigrants take jobs from citizens or legal immigrants, they impose burdens on our taxpayers…

“It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws that has occurred in the last few years.. and we must do more to stop it.”

Last edited by reckless; 06-21-2018 at 12:42 PM.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 12:49 PM   #693
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
C'mon. The separation of kids and parents isn't about immigration policy. It's about humanity.

What sort of prick do you need to be to bust up families?

If it were about humanity, you would have been all over it 4 years ago. If you were, show me the thread.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:52 PM   #694
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I doesn't...

What point are you trying to make right now? I'm just asking.

If you want to argue then the underlined part above is wrong. Hence:
And just what point are you trying to make? I stated in the portion you quoted that the numbers are higher under Trump, for obvious reasons.

Numbers don't really matter. As we've all been told countless times, ONE CHILD RIPPED from their mother's bosom is one too many.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #695
biggestal99

and thats that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ays/ar-AAyYaHZ

"Because ICE lacks the detention capacity to increase the number of families it holds in detention, the official acknowledged that many migrant parents and children will likely be released from custody while they await court hearings."

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 01:23 PM   #696
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
and thats that.

"Because ICE lacks the detention capacity to increase the number of families it holds in detention, the official acknowledged that many migrant parents and children will likely be released from custody while they await court hearings."

Allan
Catch and release.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #697
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Here's a reminder (and a small history lesson) to all you big-hearted --not-- liberals and Democrats about the phony migrant issue. And, of course, this false agenda is perpetuated by the media solely for their brain-dead followers who live 24/7 on the hate-Trump/hate-America kool-aid:

And here's the best part of the article, written in January 2017:

http://www.worldtribune.com/flashbac...mese-refugees/

And from the same article:
You're looking at all this from the wrong perspective. You should not be looking behind in history (well, except when it comes to slavery, abortion and a couple of other hot button issues then it's okay to get stuck on the past.) But now...we gotta be lookin' forward...to the future. And even to the present as we collectively, as a nation, examine our souls to see who we are.

Shame on you for being stuck in the past.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:30 PM   #698
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
And just what point are you trying to make? I stated in the portion you quoted that the numbers are higher under Trump, for obvious reasons.

Numbers don't really matter. As we've all been told countless times, ONE CHILD RIPPED from their mother's bosom is one too many.
I don't know who said the latter.

It happens sometimes. Prior to the Trump EO it seemed to not happen all that much and when it did it was for "reasons" that seem to warrant a case by case basis. After the EO EVERY child was...

Under Obama those families were detained and then released with orders to appear in court. Remember the old "catch and release?"

Did I think Obama's idea was a good one? Hell no. Buts it's massively different than what Trump was doing.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 01:30 PM   #699
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
You're looking at all this from the wrong perspective. You should not be looking behind in history (well, except when it comes to slavery, abortion and a couple of other hot button issues then it's okay to get stuck on the past.) But now...we gotta be lookin' forward...to the future. And even to the present as we collectively, as a nation, examine our souls to see who we are.

Shame on you for being stuck in the past.
Good post. You'e right, boxcar.

But I was taught in grade-school by some very tough nuns and they drummed it in my head until my ears bled:

If we don't learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it.

PS--yes, I took a liberty or two, if you hadn't noticed.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 01:33 PM   #700
boxcar

By the way, do I know Libs or what? Cuomo is suing the president over the EO.
I guess the Left finally figured out that keeping the kiddies with their parents means they go to jail with their parents.

Does this wingnut know that parents that are jailed together with their kiddies stay together?

I guess kids being jailed with their parents is too much togetherness?
Old 06-21-2018, 01:49 PM   #701
boxcar

Quote:
C'mon. The separation of kids and parents isn't about immigration policy. It's about humanity.

What kind of parent would send his kids here and stay home? Or what kind of parent would send his kids here with strangers while he stays home? Or what kind of parent would come here with his kids and put them at risk at being separated, since he has to know that U.S. does not have an open house immigration policy?

And how is Trump the bad guy? Did he invite these immigrants to his house (this country) only to to turn them away after they arrived? How is it Trump's fault for having a zero tolerance policy against criminal behavior?
Old 06-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #702
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
and thats that.

Allan
There are always tents.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:54 PM   #703
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

As has been pointed out, it happens to citizens here when they go to jail.
These people brought their kids here and made no arrangements for their care when they got jailed. That is THEIR decision, not ours.

Everyone is talking like this is some sort of life plan to keep them in detention.
It is not. They will be turned over to someone eventually, probably sent back home to relatives. In the meantime, it is not like they are being beaten and starved. I would daresay they are being treated better off than many citizen kid in a lot of democrat-run big cities. Its not like we sent to Chicago to Baltimore.

They are clean safe, fed, and clean.
Better than their parents did for them.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:06 PM   #704
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
As has been pointed out, it happens to citizens here when they go to jail.
These people brought their kids here and made no arrangements for their care when they got jailed. That is THEIR decision, not ours.

Everyone is talking like this is some sort of life plan to keep them in detention.
It is not. They will be turned over to someone eventually, probably sent back home to relatives. In the meantime, it is not like they are being beaten and starved. I would daresay they are being treated better off than many citizen kid in a lot of democrat-run big cities. Its not like we sent to Chicago to Baltimore.

They are clean safe, fed, and clean.
Better than their parents did for them.
Yeah...and the kids are not in an "S-HOLE" country, any longer. Their plight here is still far, far better than there. Gotta be. Otherwise, why would they have taken such a long, perilous journey in the first place?

I tell ya: Libs are like a bunch of incorrigible, disgruntled, disenchanted, miserable, cantankerous old men. Just can't please 'em no matter what.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:46 PM   #705
newtothegame

Quote:

Better then the prick that drug children through incredibly tough terrain, probably half fed them, through drug cartel territory, and lastly, the prick that abides by the law! That's the prick we need to be!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply