Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-21-2018, 11:40 AM   #676
mrhorseplayer

yes the Obama admin seperated families.
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 11:43 AM   #677
elysiantraveller

Again in the 18 months prior to the zero tolerance EO there 350 separations.

In the 6 weeks afterward... 2,300.

I'm not sure what anybody is arguing about anymore.

Now Obama was "just as tough on immigration as Trump."

Now lefties are upset families are being detained?

Nothing makes sense anymore.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 11:44 AM   #678
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorseplayer View Post
yes the Obama admin seperated families.
I thought Obama was weak on immigration and wanted open borders?
Old 06-21-2018, 11:45 AM   #679
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
This one ET will like.
Yep... said that too.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:46 AM   #680
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
The Daily Caller is a POS. You have quite a repertoire of fake news sources. Twitter, daily caller, and your own very limited righty opinion.

As I said, welcome to the Trumpeteeer cult OT.

Btw, just a few of dozens of fake news.

Daily Caller Caught Lying Yet Again.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ge...-in-16-states/

https://www.snopes.com/tag/the-daily-caller/
Here we go. The Pravda playbook. You can't discredit the content so you try to discredit the name. The Pravda playbook didn't work in the last century and it's isn't working now.

You've been vanquished in this thread.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 11:47 AM   #681
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
More of Tucker Carlson's rag.

Recent statements made by Daily Caller

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/daily-caller/

There he goes again....( nice reference, huh? )

Totally ignoring the truth when he gets backed into a corner.
I think there is a name for what he does,,,,,"whataboutX syndrome?"
Old 06-21-2018, 11:49 AM   #682
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Again in the 18 months prior to the zero tolerance EO there 350 separations.

In the 6 weeks afterward... 2,300.

I'm not sure what anybody is arguing about anymore.

Now Obama was "just as tough on immigration as Trump."

Now lefties are upset families are being detained?

Nothing makes sense anymore.
Drama queen. Nothing makes sense anymore...

Nobody would ever say Obama was just as tough on immigration.

Just that he used the same procedures. Precisely because Trump is much tougher on immigration, the numbers are higher. But the procedure existed and was utilized just the same under both administrations.

I know, I know...so tough to understand...you need a dope like me to spell it out for you.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:50 AM   #683
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Fact check: Did Obama administration separate families?
This claim, from DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and conservative commentators, is false, according to immigration advocates and former officials.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/im...milies-n884856

....there was no widespread Obama-era policy of separating parents and children — but it's a common talking point for Republican commentators and members of the president's administration. Trump's policy, now temporarily halted, aimed to prosecute every single illegal border crossing, including asylum-seekers. The government separated children from their parents or legal guardians because the adults had been referred for prosecution for illegal entry into the United States.
I don't believe we were talking separation...we were talking about the photos that showed the way these illegal immigrants were treated under Obama...very similar pictures that we see with Trump, or would you not agree? Why would you try and deflect away from our current conversation like this? Because you can't refute the Daily Caller video and the dopes who believe lock stock and barrel the photos they are shown and told they are from the Trump era?

They look exactly the same...right down to the "cages" and the "tin foil wrappers"

This is the government for crying out loud. You think they are going to be able to change things like this? LULZ

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-21-2018 at 11:52 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 11:51 AM   #684
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Drama queen. Nothing makes sense anymore...

Nobody would ever say Obama was just as tough on immigration.

Just that he used the same procedures. Precisely because Trump is much tougher on immigration, the numbers are higher. But the procedure existed and was utilized just the same under both administrations.

I know, I know...so tough to understand...you need a dope like me to spell it out for you.
I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

It shouldn't have happened under Obama and it shouldn't have happened under Trump?

Okay... agree... moving on.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:53 AM   #685
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE!
Old 06-21-2018, 11:57 AM   #686
Mulerider

Quote:
Fact check: Did Obama administration separate families?
This claim, from DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and conservative commentators, is false, according to immigration advocates and former officials.

....there was no widespread Obama-era policy of separating parents and children — but it's a common talking point for Republican commentators and members of the president's administration.
Democrat Rep. Henry Cuellar of Texas -- hardly a right-winger -- begs to differ. It was "kept very quiet under the Obama administration."

Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 12:00 PM   #687
boxcar

Quote:
You mean they don't have Trump wearing a swastika, aiming a pitchfork at the crying child, all the while making a scary face?

Things are looking up for Trump!

And what's with this "Welcome to America" crap. We don't welcome illegal immigrants. That seems to be the problem you and all the other feel-good liberals seem to be unable to understand.

There are proper and legal ways to enter the USA. You and your illegal immigrant pals will have none of that...so tough shit what happens to you. You pay the price for your defiance under this president, until the bleeding, lawless hearts come along and throw everything at him to try and stop him from enforcing the laws of the USA.

Which they have succeeded in doing, once again.

Here you go elysian...I DON'T AGREE WITH TRUMP in what he did with his most recent EO. Until the laws are changed by Congress, he should have continued doing what he was doing.

**** optics.
You make an excellent point, Mr. PA, with respect to your take on Time's "Welcome to America crap". Only a twisted liberal mind would ever think that anyone would welcome an uninvited guest into their house. I welcome people I invite into into my home all the time. But, evidently, the presumption by liberals is that America is an open house. In an open house, anyone can walk in, invited or not, and they are "welcomed". But if America (or any other country for that matter) were an open house where anyone can walk in, then why do all countries have immigration laws on their books!? These laws tells us that their countries are NOT open houses.

You liberal brainiacs, pay attention, please: Immigration laws should tell any thinking person that countries are not open houses where anyone can walk in for any reason or under any pretense. The legal presumption, therefore, is that guests (immigrants) must abide by legal protocols or processes whereby they formally seek an invitation before they are welcomed in. The is the whole purpose, in general, behind any country's immigration laws.

Live it, love it and learn it, liberals.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:01 PM   #688
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
Good to see the media helping the left by proving once again that using kids as pawns is the way to a bleeding heart.
C'mon. The separation of kids and parents isn't about immigration policy. It's about humanity.

What sort of prick do you need to be to bust up families?
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #689
hcap

Quote:
I don't believe we were talking separation...we were talking about the photos that showed the way these illegal immigrants were treated under Obama...very similar pictures that we see with Trump, or would you not agree? Why would you try and deflect away from our current conversation like this? Because you can't refute the Daily Caller video and the dopes who believe lock stock and barrel the photos they are shown and told they are from the Trump era?

They look exactly the same...right down to the "cages" and the "tin foil wrappers"

This is the government for crying out loud. You think they are going to be able to change things like this? LULZ
The point is as it said in the link......

there was no widespread Obama-era policy of separating parents and children

More info...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/di...n-traffickers/

In response to the growing fallout, the president’s supporters wrote up stories criticizing his predecessor based on a 2015 criminal case and 2016 Senate report stemming from a Marion, Ohio human trafficking ring that used migrant children for forced labor on an egg farm.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/leade...malan-migrants
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 12:08 PM   #690
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The point is as it said in the link......

there was no widespread Obama-era policy of separating parents and children

More info...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/di...n-traffickers/

In response to the growing fallout, the president’s supporters wrote up stories criticizing his predecessor based on a 2015 criminal case and 2016 Senate report stemming from a Marion, Ohio human trafficking ring that used migrant children for forced labor on an egg farm.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/leade...malan-migrants
For the second or third time, the Daily Caller piece WASN'T ABOUT SEPARATING CHILDREN.

It was about general living conditions and how illegal immigrants were processed and handled in general.

You know, all the outrage over "cages" and "burrito wrappers." Like this was a Trump invention to dehumanize these people because their skin is brown. You're very familiar with your leftist narrative, aren't you?

Hitler. Racist. Only treated this way because their skin is darker than the white man.

Remember all that?

Ooops. Obama treated them the same way...go figure. Same cages. Same tin foil wrapper. Same detention facilities. But show those Obama-era pictures to people and tell them its Trump and they go all gaga and are aghast...funny chit.