Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-18-2018, 07:31 PM   #256
RunForTheRoses

Right On Brother!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44523541
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 07:32 PM   #257
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
My point is perfectly valid, you just disagree with it.

If a parent is overdosing on drugs or is not taking care of their child then for the safety of the child they have to be removed from the parent. Makes sense.

However, when a parent is trying to escape the dangerous country they were born into it makes no sense to separate the child from the parent. The parent is doing the right thing to get the child to safety. Any parent who cares about their children would do that.

I'm not saying everyone can just waltz into the country, but I agree with Laura Bush -- it is cruel and immoral to separate the child from the parent at the border.

its not ok for a parent to break the law with illicit drugs no matter what the intentions and its ok for a parent to break the law by entering the USA illegally no matter the intentions.
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 07:33 PM   #258
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Can anybody cite the law that says children must be separated from their parents at the U.S. border?

Better question is why can't we send the whole damn family back?
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #259
fast4522

Quote:
Can anybody cite the law that says children must be separated from their parents at the U.S. border?
Illegal entree into the United States of America IS a crime, treating those who break the law as criminals is not selective enforcement. Criminals get processed for a hearing before a judge, children are treated differently. Those who do not get this have selective intelligence, and also be treated differently to reflect their lower intelligence. When laws change selective enforcement should never be part of any administration period. This whole bullshit game of selective enforcement belongs inside Europe and not these United States.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 07:37 PM   #260
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #261
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorseplayer View Post
if I was paid to enforce the law yes.
You should read up on Milgram 65.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

The Milgram experiment showed how something like Nazi Germany could happen. People obeyed the authority figures because it was the law, even though the laws were immoral. We know how that ended up.

I agree with Laura Bush, separating children from their parents at the border is immoral.

It is mind boggling to me that anyone could be so cold-hearted as to separate young children from their mother just because the family crossed an arbitrary border looking for a better life.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 07:45 PM   #262
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
This is paradise for pedophiles. Sickening. It's bad enough these people were desperate enough to make a thousand mile journey because things were so bad in their homeland, but then they get to America and have their kids taken away where they become vulnerable to sexual abuse.

Laura Bush is right. This is cruel and immoral.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:50 PM   #263
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorseplayer View Post
its not ok for a parent to break the law with illicit drugs no matter what the intentions and its ok for a parent to break the law by entering the USA illegally no matter the intentions.
You are confused by what I said.

I never said it was OK to break the law. I said I agree with Laura Bush that it is CRUEL and IMMORAL to separate kids from the parents at the border.

You think it's OK to separate a two year old kid from his or her parents. I don't.

Those are not the Christian values I was raised with.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:52 PM   #264
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Illegal entree into the United States of America IS a crime, treating those who break the law as criminals is not selective enforcement. Criminals get processed for a hearing before a judge, children are treated differently. Those who do not get this have selective intelligence, and also be treated differently to reflect their lower intelligence. When laws change selective enforcement should never be part of any administration period. This whole bullshit game of selective enforcement belongs inside Europe and not these United States.
I get it. You, and some others, think it is perfectly acceptable to separate a two year old child from his or her parents at the border. I don't.

I agree with Laura Bush. It is cruel and immoral.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:59 PM   #265
woodtoo

Quote:
This is paradise for pedophiles. Sickening. It's bad enough these people were desperate enough to make a thousand mile journey because things were so bad in their homeland, but then they get to America and have their kids taken away where they become vulnerable to sexual abuse.

Laura Bush is right. This is cruel and immoral.
Seperating children from their parents is mean, even cruel sure.
Its immoral if you change the meaning of immoral, change the law and it stops the action.

Senators should do their jobs. Simple,
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 08:01 PM   #266
Clocker

A letter from U.S. Civil Rights Commissioner Peter Kirsanow to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen on the subject of separating families who enter the country illegally at the southern border.

The man sounds dangerously rational.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...the-border.php
Old 06-18-2018, 08:02 PM   #267
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
You should read up on Milgram 65.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

The Milgram experiment showed how something like Nazi Germany could happen. People obeyed the authority figures because it was the law, even though the laws were immoral. We know how that ended up.

I agree with Laura Bush, separating children from their parents at the border is immoral.

It is mind boggling to me that anyone could be so cold-hearted as to separate young children from their mother just because the family crossed an arbitrary border looking for a better life.
2 things:

1. The Milgram experiments had to do with following authority regardless of its ethics. Tryin to tie this to the current crap going on at the border is grasping for straws. What did you just see the show on Netflix? How dare you compare this to following the law and the agents that are paid to do their job. Personally I would rather see all families here illegally to immediately returned to the other side of the border.

2. Wikipedia is NEVER a valid link to support anything. It is not citable and can be changed by any schmuck.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 08:03 PM   #268
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
I get it. You, and some others, think it is perfectly acceptable to separate a two year old child from his or her parents at the border. I don't.

I agree with Laura Bush. It is cruel and immoral.
I agree with the agents who are doing there jobs.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 08:05 PM   #269
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Seperating children from their parents is mean, even cruel sure.
Its immoral if you change the meaning of immoral, change the law and it stops the action.

Senators should do their jobs. Simple,
It is cruel and immoral to punish the children by separating them from their parents when those children had no say in their parents decision to come to America.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:06 PM   #270
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Yeah, I'm sure his popularity is soaring with each sobbing kid.

What a sick joke you people are.
I may be a joke but not you.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply