Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #16
boomman

Stevens or Bailey???

I think both bring great analysis to the table, but Stevens has a super style and voice inflection in his presentation when making points......
Keep up the good work guys!
Neumeier is outstanding as well and has been for many years.......

Boomer
Old 05-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #17
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

I'm surprised by the answers.....Bailey, no question.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #18
shanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Montilion
Bailey by a pole...
Ditto
shanta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #19
bishlap

Stevens never shuts up and Bailey (to any/every jockey) "WHAT WAS GOING THRU YOUR MIND?"... I like their nostalgic stories more than their analysis.
bishlap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2008, 09:21 PM   #20
SaratogaSteve

Either rider w/ Bob Neumeier steals the show...
SaratogaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #21
Spectacular Sid

Bailey in a walkover.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #22
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombsAway Bob

Date: May 4, 2008 10:46 AMSubject: document.write(MySpace.Util.applyWBRToHTML("How many more horses and jockeys need to die!!!!", {frequency: 5}));How many more horses and jockeys need to die!!!! Body: I haven't watched a race since they hauled me off in handcuffs at churchill downs! In my book I tell a story about my experience with Lucas and Cape Town In the Derby, that he was going bad before the Florida Derby and Wayne ran him in the Bluegrass and right back in the Derby! I told Bailey before the Derby be carefull He got beet 35 legnths and never ran again! Bailey is a commentater who knows whats going on and Stevens, with riders cheating the scales and watching other riders die, and about trainers like Lucas who for there own gratification put these animals through this! They through me out the game and they are making a living watching horses and riders die!!!!! I asked both to before derby gary the day of the derby talk about the issues in my book both declined!! I don't have it in me to fight any longer when nobody seems to care! They say one monkey won't stop no show I thought when I started this I could get a whole zoo behind me obviously I was wrong and the show goes on as always! I sacrificed everything to right this story I think I will take my toys and play elsewhere!!! I went to New York and sat with Lester Holt on The Today show on the morning of the Derby, did a whole piece then they told me they couldn't do it that day it would run today they lied again God Bless al l of you who supported me but most of all I pray for the next HORSE
AND JOCKEY WHO WILL GIVE THERE LIVES FOR THE SPORT OF KINGS!!!
So, the guy is trying to make a point about the sport and all you care about is his GD grammer. GROW UP. No one ever said that jocks were college educated. All they are are guys and gals who ride their ass off every damn day to make a living and you take a cheap shot about the guys grammer. Are you a grammertician?? oops sorry, you may not know what that means.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #23
Semipro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Stevens
Baily
Moss
Kenny Mayne
Bob Neimier
No one else - from anywhere.
Moss
Semipro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2008, 01:11 PM   #24
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semipro
Moss
I already posted that I love Stevens, but give Bailey the nod by a neck...now I see you all naming the other guys...
I think having the jocks is a great prespective added to the other guys...both riders are easy to listen to, and easy on the eyes (for us gals!!!)...
they all ask dumb questions, like Bailey's 'what was going through your mind'... but that's OK!!
Randy Moss is my top favorite...he's brilliant. Mayne & Numier are excellent and the three of them make a great comedy team...I also like Mike Battaglia alot.

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2008, 01:04 AM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
So, the guy is trying to make a point about the sport and all you care about is his GD grammer. GROW UP. No one ever said that jocks were college educated. All they are are guys and gals who ride their ass off every damn day to make a living and you take a cheap shot about the guys grammer. Are you a grammertician?? oops sorry, you may not know what that means.
Bombsawaybob has rethought his position and asked that I remove his grammar comment.

With that said, I don't think Bob deserved to have you tear him a new one over it....the grammar WAS horrid, even for grade school level....never mind college.

The guy can't even spell Lukas' name correctly? He spelled it Lucas? Are you kidding me?

I am having a hard time believing that Sellers even wrote that crap....

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-06-2008 at 01:06 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2008, 01:37 AM   #26
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
Ex girffriend to me:
Tomorow is my birthday and i want something in the garage that will go 0 to 190 in 5 seconds.

So the next day I bought her a scale!!!
That reminds me of one of my ex girlfriends.
The day before her birthday, she told me she wanted something very expensive that she didn't really need.
So I signed her up for chemotherapy.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2008, 08:31 AM   #27
horses721

expand the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrabrooks
Who do you all prefer on the telecasts....Bailey or Stevens? My vote would go to JB.
Who do you like on telecasts and who would you choose for a jockey if you had a derby horse(assume they were still riding)? Both are top shelf as jocks and telecasters.
horses721 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #28
usafsso

Stevens. But only becuase I won a lot of money on him back in the day at Longacres.
usafsso is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2008, 11:45 AM   #29
BombsAway Bob
DimeSupers Really Are!

More from $hane $ellers (his signature,not mine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Bombsawaybob has rethought his position and asked that I remove his grammar comment.

With that said, I don't think Bob deserved to have you tear him a new one over it....the grammar WAS horrid, even for grade school level....never mind college.

The guy can't even spell Lukas' name correctly? He spelled it Lucas? Are you kidding me?

I am having a hard time believing that Sellers even wrote that crap....
----------
(SHANE SELLERS MYSPACE Bulletin)
Date: May 5, 2008 9:03
Body: Even though my fellow riders had me banned from the sport I still can't help but feel sorry for this kid that is getting all the blame from people who know nothing about the sport! This is the Kentucky Derby and the kids that we have riding today have never been in these kinds of situations, did peta crucify Antly when Charismatic broke down should he have been nOOOO!! This is a whole new industry, They hauled me off in handcuffs at churchill downs after riding 14 Derbies and banned me from churchill for coming to a meeting that I was invited too, PLEASE! WE as riders do what we do ride race horses, In my opinion she should have been in the oaks where she belonged, she would not have had to run as hard, I like Larry Jones and he is a good horsemen, and did a wonderful job up till then, but they are not machines and I think he asked that filly to do something she was not capable of and it cost her her life! The only problem I have is if it happened golloping out why didn't he get off instead of galloping her all the way back untill she collapsed.

If a horse has 2 shattered ankles a rider should be able to feel it, but then again I wasn't on her back so please give this kid the benifit of the doubt, cause its easy to sit and judge when you'll never know what these kids go through before they even get on a horses back,sad to say but im glad they threw me out cause i would be ashamed to be a part of this industry today, horses and riders are dying and the show goes on!! God Bless $hane $ellers
[/url]
BombsAway Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2008, 11:56 AM   #30
BombsAway Bob
DimeSupers Really Are!

$hane $ellers burning up "MySpace" Bulletin Board!

Date: May 6, 2008 11:23 AM
Subject: ;KHRA Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Body: For the KHRA to say that the injury to Eight Bells is infrequent shows excactly where the industsry is I've ridden 26 years and not only have been on many horses who sustain these injuries but have seen many also! This happens everyday somewhere around the country! How many horses this year alone have been destroyed this is not accurate at all, but then again when has this industry been accurate! What is INFREQUENT to them!
$hane $ellers
[/url]
BombsAway Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: