Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-04-2017, 11:30 PM   #61
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperlunch View Post
I didnt say it was fact. Heck I don't know maybe it's a falling out with management or with another on air talent. Paul has a history of playing grab ass with young girls. Look at the headlines when he was with the Mets. You don't know that I'm wrong. This is a horse racing forum and it's up for discussion and debate. It's odd that he abruptly quits.
You probably could have just said that instead of "sex scandal" or whatever...not sure if cheating on your wife (allegedly...not sure any of this was actually proven) qualifies as a sex scandal in 2017.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=2319933&page=1

And not sure how any of this relates to him leaving TVG...but whatever...it's the internet...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2017, 08:34 AM   #62
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Come on man, you can't post stuff like this as pure speculation. I'd bet anything that isn't the case here, and I don't really know Paul at all.
Irresponsible is putting it kindly.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2017, 09:58 AM   #63
PointGiven

First post, thought I would give this a shot.

I also just caught the last bit of the Keeneland thing. Remember thinking what's going on. Agree Todd has some sort of untouchable standing at TVG which I can't understand.

I liked Paul. Seems like a likable guy, Did a nice job on the handicapping. Definitely not the worst offender at being irritating and unprepared.
PointGiven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2017, 10:37 AM   #64
onefast99

My take is he is a natural fit for NYRA. Since there will be an open spot I can see him at Saratoga in three weeks.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #65
zawaaa
vaguely on topic...

TVG needs to learn from their past mistakes and stop hiring uncharismatic, poorly-spoken, non-horse racing fans who they think have some vague sense of relevancy.

as for NYRA they're doing just fine, thank you.
zawaaa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2017, 12:08 PM   #66
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by zawaaa View Post
TVG needs to learn from their past mistakes and stop hiring uncharismatic, poorly-spoken, non-horse racing fans who they think have some vague sense of relevancy.

as for NYRA they're doing just fine, thank you.
Non-horse racing fans? If what I've seen of many of them when they're OFF camera, at the track, they are anything but.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #67
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Come on man, you can't post stuff like this as pure speculation. I'd bet anything that isn't the case here, and I don't really know Paul at all.
That's also not what happened to Gino.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:23 PM   #68
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointGiven View Post
First post, thought I would give this a shot.

I also just caught the last bit of the Keeneland thing. Remember thinking what's going on. Agree Todd has some sort of untouchable standing at TVG which I can't understand.

I liked Paul. Seems like a likable guy, Did a nice job on the handicapping. Definitely not the worst offender at being irritating and unprepared.
The big guys refuse to do interviews if they don't like something that's said or done. B.B. is the king of that tactic IMO
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2017, 01:25 PM   #69
Andy Asaro

I can't see Lo Duca and Serling getting along for very long. Will probably be good TV for a while. I know I'll watch the NYRA feed.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:55 PM   #70
whisperlunch

Jballs I never claime Gino was involved in anything. Only that Gino left pretty quick and when Gino left he claimed he was moving to something that would be announced. The way Paul just up and left is obviously not good. If he moves to nyra I'd be shocked. 1. It's a lateral move at best. I'm convinced shannanigs are at play. I find it funny that on a horse racing forum people get all bent out of shape on something this silly. There have been multiple reports of Paul and young girls, multiple reports of him owing money and getting sued , and out of nowhere he says I quit. I just state I think he's got jammed up or jammed somebody up. I hope you will let me have my opinion. Thanks
whisperlunch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2017, 05:59 PM   #71
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Jballs I never claime Gino was involved in anything. Only that Gino left pretty quick and when Gino left he claimed he was moving to something that would be announced. The way Paul just up and left is obviously not good. If he moves to nyra I'd be shocked. 1. It's a lateral move at best. I'm convinced shannanigs are at play. I find it funny that on a horse racing forum people get all bent out of shape on something this silly. There have been multiple reports of Paul and young girls, multiple reports of him owing money and getting sued , and out of nowhere he says I quit. I just state I think he's got jammed up or jammed somebody up. I hope you will let me have my opinion. Thanks
If it was "not good" he wouldn't have been allowed to go on the air IMO. Pretty sure Gino was let go because of his position on the totem/talent pole.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:04 PM   #72
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

he's from NY city...anyone give any thought to the idea that maybe he wanted to go home?
Old 07-05-2017, 06:22 PM   #73
thaskalos

Quote:
It's one thing to say that you "think he got jammed up"...and it's something else to state that you are "convinced that shenanigans are at play" here. You can't be "convinced", unless you really KNOW.

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-05-2017 at 06:36 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2017, 07:08 PM   #74
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This whisperlunch is a douche...plain and simple.

I know, that's an overused insult, but it fits.

As for the other person claiming a potential Paul L. + Andy S. pairing won't last long (I assume he thinks because they either don't like each other or have clashing personalities or whatever), I'd fade that bet in a heartbeat...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2017, 07:17 PM   #75
whisperlunch

when was last time you or anyone commenting on this thread had a high profile job, was well liked, was pretty good at the high profile job, was considered one of their top cappers just out of nowhere say I'm done without there being a jackpot brewing?

Connect the dots
whisperlunch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: