Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-20-2017, 11:27 PM   #16
letswastemoney

If we're just talking about the robbery in Las Vegas, then he served his time.

You can't let what happened years and years ago affect the sentencing of a completely different case. Even if it's a murder trial.

Otherwise, I'd lose faith that our system is fair.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2017, 11:57 PM   #17
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
WTF? So what was Nicole guilty of so she wasn't considered innocent in your eyes?
Yeah I'm pretty curious myself. Judging by his post he's got an issue with women. Wonder why.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 12:12 AM   #18
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
WTF? So what was Nicole guilty of so she wasn't considered innocent in your eyes?
Guilty? Guilty of her own murder?

Nicole was certainly an innocent victim, but she also knew of what kind of trouble she'd gotten herself ensnared with. He'd beaten her and she'd called the police on him multiple times. She was at least aware of the need to take steps to protect herself. And maybe she did as much as any reasonable person would've done without the knowledge that the guy was going to eventually almost decapitate her.

My comment about Goldman was that I believe he was totally clueless about the danger he was putting himself in by returning a pair of sunglasses. From that standpoint, that's what I meant about being totally innocent. A victim of doing everything right but happening to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 12:32 AM   #19
Camkid77
Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
That bloody fingerprint on the gate was never entered into evidence. It was his.

To this day, nobody will reveal why.

That was enough for me, but they never put it into evidence

If the Glove fits, he must of quit.
Camkid77 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 04:35 AM   #20
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
I watched the entire murder trial.
While he probably did the killings, I thought that there was enough defense evidence to raise doubts.
He was never convicted "beyond a reasonable doubt" and I believed that at the time. The murder jury reached the correct decision.
Did you forget about all the blood evidence? How does Goldman's blood get in OJ's Bronco? Since OJ never met Goldman before he killed him, that can't be explained away.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 07-21-2017 at 04:37 AM.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 08:15 AM   #21
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post

Nicole was certainly an innocent victim, but she also knew of what kind of trouble she'd gotten herself ensnared with. He'd beaten her and she'd called the police on him multiple times. She was at least aware of the need to take steps to protect herself. And maybe she did as much as any reasonable person would've done without the knowledge that the guy was going to eventually almost decapitate her.

My comment about Goldman was that I believe he was totally clueless about the danger he was putting himself in by returning a pair of sunglasses. From that standpoint, that's what I meant about being totally innocent. A victim of doing everything right but happening to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Nice back pedal.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 08:28 AM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post

What more could she have done? Wear a pair of six guns 24-7? She did not have a restraining order, but so what, that won't stop a raving lunatic like OJ. He also came over and walked in on her numerous times unannounced, the police let OJ get away with a lot of crap the average Joe would have went to jail for because of his celebrity status.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 08:50 AM   #23
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
What more could she have done? Wear a pair of six guns 24-7? She did not have a restraining order, but so what, that won't stop a raving lunatic like OJ. He also came over and walked in on her numerous times unannounced, the police let OJ get away with a lot of crap the average Joe would have went to jail for because of his celebrity status.
I said I don't know if she could've done more. Maybe she could've, maybe not. But she wrote and told her family that she feared she would be murdered. She knew what she was caught up in. Goldman did not.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 09:28 AM   #24
acorn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
I watched the entire murder trial.
While he probably did the killings, I thought that there was enough defense evidence to raise doubts.
He was never convicted "beyond a reasonable doubt" and I believed that at the time. The murder jury reached the correct decision.
you are wrong. the prosecution had inept lawyers. there was a woman that was an eyewitness, and the scumbag tried to flee with a disguise outfit in his ford bronco, and when the authorites told him his wife was dead, he didn't ask which one.
i don't know how the father of young man holds it together, myself i'll openly admit if it was my son that was murdered and the scumbag smiled at me, he would be dead.

Last edited by acorn54; 07-21-2017 at 09:31 AM.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 09:57 AM   #25
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post

You can't let what happened years and years ago affect the sentencing of a completely different case. Even if it's a murder trial.

Agree, yet I believe that this is exactly what happened. Attorneys have said that the crimes OJ was convicted of in Nevada were worth about 3-4 years in prison. He got 9-33 years.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 09:59 AM   #26
jms62
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
you are wrong. the prosecution had inept lawyers. there was a woman that was an eyewitness, and the scumbag tried to flee with a disguise outfit in his ford bronco, and when the authorites told him his wife was dead, he didn't ask which one.
i don't know how the father of young man holds it together, myself i'll openly admit if it was my son that was murdered and the scumbag smiled at me, he would be dead.
Can you please provide a link that discusses this "woman that was an eyewitness" to this murder? Legit news only please not Inforwars nonsense.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #27
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Did you forget about all the blood evidence? How does Goldman's blood get in OJ's Bronco? Since OJ never met Goldman before he killed him, that can't be explained away.
His blood was on her panties also.
The entire case was a joke and sure didn't add faith in our judicial system. Also, anyone that thinks it wasn't bound by race was living in a cave during the trial.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #28
Greyfox

Quote:
I either forgot about that or missed it when it was presented.
Certainly that and the blood on the gate should have been given more weight.
Unfortunately the forensic chemist who analysed the blood in the Bronco said that the DNA evidence "was consistent" with Goldman's blood.
The Prosecution should have pressed him harder to say that he was 99.9% sure "it was Goldman's blood."
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 02:18 PM   #29
Camkid77
Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post

He owes the Goldman's 32 million bucks.
Camkid77 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 03:11 PM   #30
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camkid77 View Post
He owes the Goldman's 32 million bucks.
I heard this morning with unpaid interest, it's closer to 60,000,000.

I know Florida, where O.J. is moving to (St. Petersburg area, if you like celebrity sightings) is really easy on people going through bankruptcy trying to avoid paying off creditors.I wouldn't be surprised if wage garnishing is equally difficult for the Goldman family to try and implement.

Florida - the sunny place for shady people.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: