Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-03-2022, 04:58 PM   #31
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
How have we not hired you?
Just an observation, You don't have to be an a hole about it.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 05:17 PM   #32
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Being rude is his go-to.
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 05:31 PM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
Being rude is his go-to.
toughen up little snowflake
Old 12-03-2022, 05:43 PM   #34
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I’m surprised you took your head out from his ass to make a comment.

This is the same guy btw who blocks anyone on a whim. So who is the snowflake that needs to toughen up?
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 05:57 PM   #35
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

That was a pretty good tcard oday, in spite of being off. Some very entertaining races.
Going to interesting to see the figs, with some wde open paces today.

Last edited by Tom; 12-03-2022 at 05:58 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 06:22 PM   #36
the little guy

Quote:
I was being nice. Spalding explained how badly off base you are.

Good races have off years ( not that four Grade 1 winners is actually an off year ) and panicking because of one is nonsensical and exactly what you shouldn't do.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 06:23 PM   #37
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Let's quickly discuss who you are dealing with....he used the name of a Twitter account that he admires to join your board.

Think about that one for a minute.
Old 12-03-2022, 06:25 PM   #38
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
nice pick
Thank you… very nice finish.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 06:50 PM   #39
azeri98

Quote:
I was being nice. Spalding explained how badly off base you are.

Good races have off years ( not that four Grade 1 winners is actually an off year ) and panicking because of one is nonsensical and exactly what you shouldn't do.
You weren't being nice, you made a snide remark. You could have stated it like Spalding did. I wasn't panicking, I just thought the field wasn't that great. If I was wrong, so be it. The overwhelming favorite was off the board. I never thought much of Zandon and for him to be 2/5 reinforced my feeling that this was a weak field. I value your handicapping skills and even you had him picked on top. in my opinion he's nothing special. He won the Blue Grass and White Abbario won the Florida Derby. The Florida Derby field was weak. Charge it could turn out to be good but who knows. Zandon beat even a worse field in the Bluegrass, nobody of any significance.
Old 12-03-2022, 07:13 PM   #40
the little guy

Quote:
You weren't being nice, you made a snide remark. You could have stated it like Spalding did. I wasn't panicking, I just thought the field wasn't that great. If I was wrong, so be it. The overwhelming favorite was off the board. I never thought much of Zandon and for him to be 2/5 reinforced my feeling that this was a weak field. I value your handicapping skills and even you had him picked on top. in my opinion he's nothing special. He won the Blue Grass and White Abbario won the Florida Derby. The Florida Derby field was weak. Charge it could turn out to be good but who knows. Zandon beat even a worse field in the Bluegrass, nobody of any significance.
Please lead me to these opinions by you before the race. Anyone can be smart after the race.

You took an unfair shot at the race. You posted inaccurate answers to my question. Now you’re playing a victim because I gave you a little jab. It’s so ridiculous.
Old 12-03-2022, 07:16 PM   #41
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
I’m surprised you took your head out from his ass to make a comment.

This is the same guy btw who blocks anyone on a whim. So who is the snowflake that needs to toughen up?
Obsess much?
Old 12-03-2022, 07:37 PM   #42
azeri98

Quote:
Please lead me to these opinions by you before the race. Anyone can be smart after the race.

You took an unfair shot at the race. You posted inaccurate answers to my question. Now you’re playing a victim because I gave you a little jab. It’s so ridiculous.
How did a take un unfair shot at the race? Did you think this was a good field? I didn't bet the race. I didn't like the 3 year olds in this race. I think that was obvious by me stating that I thought it was a weak field meaning I didn't think much of Zandon or White Abarrio. Had I thought so I would have said Zandon is a stand out in this field. Like I said I think you're a good handicapper and you having Zandon on top just like a lot of other people reinforced to me that this was a weak field considering I didn't think much of Zandon. What questions did you ask of me? Why did you feel like you had to give me a jab? If someone takes a jab at you I don't see you taking the high road. You give it right back. Let me ask you a question now. Other than Mind Control who did those other 3 grade 1 winners beat in their grade 1 races? Get Her number beat Rombauer as a 2 year old .I look forward to your answer.

Last edited by azeri98; 12-03-2022 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:05 PM   #43
azeri98

Quote:

This race also has had subpar fields over the years. Let's not pretend this was a one off. 2021 was a good field 2020 wasn't 2019 and 2017 were good 2018 and 2016 weren't neither were 2015 and 2014
Old 12-03-2022, 11:43 PM   #44
Spalding No!

Quote:
This race also has had subpar fields over the years. Let's not pretend this was a one off. 2021 was a good field 2020 wasn't 2019 and 2017 were good 2018 and 2016 weren't neither were 2015 and 2014
Racing nationally has been on a decline for several years now. You could probably pick apart every individual Grade 1 race over the years and find a few duds.

That said, the 2014 Cigar Mile was not one of them; Private Zone, Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday, Regally Ready, Vyjack.

Seemingly by your standards the last good race was the 1957 Trenton Handicap at Garden State.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 11:58 PM   #45
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Racing nationally has been on a decline for several years now. You could probably pick apart every individual Grade 1 race over the years and find a few duds.

That said, the 2014 Cigar Mile was not one of them; Private Zone, Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday, Regally Ready, Vyjack.

Seemingly by your standards the last good race was the 1957 Trenton Handicap at Garden State.
This is, apparently, a no snark zone.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: