Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-27-2022, 11:35 PM   #76
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Ever watch the Jazzy Vegetarian on PBS?
She, and other Vegan cooks I've seen always have some snappy substitute, like "Vegan Butter", Beyond meat, plant based fish fillets,"fakin bacon".....

It's like they are obsessed with meat and need to fool themselves.
I agree. First of all the JV is not that good of a show.

Second if you crave meat and try to substitute "fake meats" its really not going to work. It must be a natural desire to not eat meat. Personally I do not buy any fake meats. I prefer the taste of natural vegetarian food of which there is a plethora of that you certainly don't need to make "fake foods".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
So my question is, if you really are against eating meat, what do you do about eating veggies that were grown in fertilizer?
When a plant uses a fertilizer to develop, it converts that energy to its own cell structure. Similar to a fish that eats worms and you eat that fish. The worm is no longer in the equation (been converted) when you eat that fish or you wouldn't eat it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 12:07 AM   #77
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
You have the comical misconception that in order to be strong and powerful, we must eat meat.

The world’s strongest animals are plant eaters. Gorillas, buffaloes, elephants, rhinos, pandas, giraffes, hippos, horses and the cows you eat (among others)

Many humans athletes are also vegetarian and too numerous to list.

Many famous scientist and artists were vegetarian too such as Sir Isacc Newton, Leonardo Da Vinci, Nikola Tesla, Edison etc. Einstein and Darwin became vegetarian towards the latter part of their lives.

Point is that it is a myth that you need to eat meat for strength. 5% of the U.S is now either vegetarian or Vegan and their diet is being recognized as much healthier than meat eater's diet as well as healthier for the planet.

I don't think humans share any DNA with a gorilla. I doubt a human no matter how pumped up with steroids could have the strength of a gorilla. Please name an athlete whose position relies on brute strength and muscle mass that is a vegetarian that isn't grossly over weight, and competing at the highest level. I never said there weren't vegetarian athletes.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 12:26 AM   #78
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I don't think humans share any DNA with a gorilla.
So now it's DNA that makes us strong or weak, not meat or lack of it?

Quote:
I doubt a human no matter how pumped up with steroids could have the strength of a gorilla.
That wasn't my point. It was that you claimed Vegetarianism=weakness. So why don't you a meat eater,go fight a vegetarian gorilla and test your theory.

Quote:
Please name an athlete whose position relies on brute strength and muscle mass that is a vegetarian that isn't grossly over weight, and competing at the highest level. I never said there weren't vegetarian athletes.
As I said, they are too numerous to list. In basketball, Chris Paul and Kyrie Irving are 2 well known vegetarians and we know these 2 are NOT overweight as you predict a Vegetarian would be who is on a high level of excellence.

The Tennis sisters Venus and Serena Williams are both vegetarian and at the top of the tennis world and don't fit your uninformed idea of a vegetarian not being able to compete with carnivores.

I could go on but you may have heard of Google by now.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:53 AM   #79
davew

Quote:
I don't think humans share any DNA with a gorilla. I doubt a human no matter how pumped up with steroids could have the strength of a gorilla. Please name an athlete whose position relies on brute strength and muscle mass that is a vegetarian that isn't grossly over weight, and competing at the highest level. I never said there weren't vegetarian athletes.
Is 95% - 99% close to don't share any?

https://www.gorillas-world.com/goril...25%20of%20DNA.

Light, how do plants grow that do not have access to fertilizer?

PETA may be more accurate than they think, some places in the world probably turn dead humans into meat and bone meal for animal feed protein.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 04:23 AM   #80
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
[/B]

Okay...fair enough. But explain, please, what makes you any different from the Nazis during WW11 who had a distinct dislike for Judaism and Jews? Do you think you're different from them because unlike them you haven't expressed your hatred and bigotry by tossing any religious people into an oven or gas chamber?

if he could toss us into a gas chamber and get away with it he would
Richie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 05:39 AM   #81
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
You see him for what he is.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 06:33 AM   #82
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
You see him for what he is.
Yes, but more importantly, so does GOD

Many will fear death and eternity when it stares you in the face, you may be tough today, but when your laying on your deathbed.....
Richie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 07:02 AM   #83
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Really?

You’re a sick SOB.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:44 AM   #84
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Not in both books...don't lie now...the Bible doesn't like lying.

I know you NEED it to be in both books...but it's not.
Yes, in BOTH books -- starting with the redemptive promise after the Fall that God would indeed restore man's relationship to him. The protoevangelium verse is found in Gen 3:15.

https://www.gotquestions.org/protoevangelium.html

It's also very clear from that verse God that restored, i.e.reconciled Eve back to himself since He decreed enmity not only between her seed and the devil's seed but between her personally and Satan.

The entire OT is christocentric (Lk 24:27). The promised "seed" in Gen 3:15 who will one day finally "crush" Satan's head is gradually expanded upon through the process of progressive divine revelation. The woman's ][godly] "seed" (Christ) eventually becomes Abraham's godly seed in the Abrahamic Covenant -- the covenant that promised Abraham that all nations on the earth (i.e. the Gentiles!) would be blessed (Gen 22:17-18). You can also read about this covenant in Genesis 15 and 17. And, of course, this covenant was indeed fulfilled and is indeed being fulfilled, as we speak, by Christ and the New Covenant he instituted before he died.

Paul in his divinely inspired commentary on the Abrahamic Covenant said this:

Gal 3:6-9; 16-18
6 Consider Abraham: "He believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness." 7 Understand, then, that those who believe are children of Abraham. 8 The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: "All nations will be blessed through you." 9 So those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith...16 The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ. 17 What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise. 18 For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on a promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.
NIV

Eventually, the promised seed (the Messiah to come) was narrowed down to the tribe of Judah (Gen 49:8-12). And then hundreds of years later, it was again further narrowed down to a particular family line of that tribe -- the line of king David when God made his covenant with the king (2Sam 7:12-14; 1Chron 22:9-10; Ezek 37:24-28; Jer 33:14-17, etc.)

So, yes...the history recorded in the bible is thoroughly redemptive in nature from Genesis to Revelation. It tells the story of how God has redeemed a people, is still redeeming and will continue to redeem a people for himself until the Messiah returns.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:55 AM   #85
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Really?

You’re a sick SOB.
Is he? As stated previously, the bible's ethic is the highest standard in the world. So high...that no one, save for one Man (the Son of Man), was able to live up to it perfectly. And he taught that to "merely" hate someone in your heart is analogous to murder (Mat 5:21-22). Both the murderer and hater will be subject to judgment!
Old 11-28-2022, 02:17 PM   #86
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Is 95% - 99% close to don't share any?

https://www.gorillas-world.com/goril...25%20of%20DNA.

PETA may be more accurate than they think, some places in the world probably turn dead humans into meat and bone meal for animal feed protein.

I should have researched before I said that I should have just said we are not gorillas.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:39 PM   #87
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
So now it's DNA that makes us strong or weak, not meat or lack of it?

That wasn't my point. It was that you claimed Vegetarianism=weakness. So why don't you a meat eater,go fight a vegetarian gorilla and test your theory.

As I said, they are too numerous to list. In basketball, Chris Paul and Kyrie Irving are 2 well known vegetarians and we know these 2 are NOT overweight as you predict a Vegetarian would be who is on a high level of excellence.

The Tennis sisters Venus and Serena Williams are both vegetarian and at the top of the tennis world and don't fit your uninformed idea of a vegetarian not being able to compete with carnivores.

I could go on but you may have heard of Google by now.

I did not say vegetarianism = weakness. You are making shit up. Where did I say words like "high level of excellence". Where did I say vegetarians could not compete with carnivores in tennis and basketball? Are you a Democrat?

They like to make up lies about people and them berate them over made up crap.

I specifically said building muscle mass to compete in sports where muscle mass and brute strength are required. I doubt Chris Paul and Kyrie Irving play the power game. Your rebuttal is flat out based on shit I never said.

I will repeat again, it is impossible to consume enough protein without eating meat to build and maintain the muscle mass required for an athlete that requires muscle mass and high level strength without becoming extremely fat. Reason, non meat protein comes with too many calories.

Do you think Kyrie Irving could play inside linebacker in colleg? How about just free safety in the NFL. Kyrie is like 195# how would he fare as a

cruiser weight boxer or in the 197# wrestling class eating all his vegetables?

Like I said find me a vegetarian who is big and powerful playing a contact sport that isn't fat as hell. I will even settle for an imposing NBA power forward like the Greek freak.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:56 PM   #88
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew

Plants do not require fertilizer to grow. Instead, they make their own food through photosynthesis. Fertilizer only provides more nutrients to the soil for healthy plant growth.

Land plants came into existence prior to animal existence so they didn't need their poop to begin with.

Land plants also changed the atmosphere of the Earth playing a large role in lowering the Earth's surface temps as well as the evolution of many new types of animals from a decrease in atmospheric carbon dioxide and a rise in oxygen.

You may also want to consider that when we are born we drink Mothers milk which is vegetarian which has everything necessary for our development. Try substituting meat juice for baby formula and see how long that baby lasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
Link?
Old 11-28-2022, 03:22 PM   #89
Light
Veteran

Quote:
I will repeat again, it is impossible to consume enough protein without eating meat to build and maintain the muscle mass required for an athlete that requires muscle mass and high level strength without becoming extremely fat. Reason, non meat protein comes with too many calories.
Protein source does not have an impact on muscle strength.

Quote:
Like I said find me a vegetarian who is big and powerful playing a contact sport that isn't fat as hell.
No problem, you didn't say that you were talking football. This link has 10 or more NFL stars which includes Tom Brady but I believe he does eat some meat.

https://www.mediareferee.com/vegan-n...dy-cam-newton/

Quote:
cruiser weight boxer or in the 197# wrestling class eating all his vegetables?
Here are 19 Vegan bodybuilders, some that look like Arnold.

https://www.greatveganathletes.com/c...-bodybuilders/
Old 11-28-2022, 04:11 PM   #90
thaskalos

I wonder if the majority of the vegetarians and the vegans make their dietary choice for health reasons...or out of a moral concern. Selectively eating meat seems healthy to me.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply