Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-22-2022, 11:55 PM   #1
lamboguy

November 22, 1963

this was the day the President Kennedy got shot and killed in Texas. i was in school and watched the events on black and white television in our classroom. the teacher cried and so didn't most of the kids i went to school with. i grew up in the town that Kennedy was born in and he was well loved around here.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 12:14 AM   #2
woodbinepmi

My mother was getting dressed for a lunch date (I wasn't yet born), she walked out to the balcony of my grandmother's apartment and saw him come down Lemmon Avenue and take a right onto Turtle Creek Boulevard. Fifteen minutes later the world changed.
Old 11-23-2022, 12:23 AM   #3
ranchwest

I went to Dealey Plaza today to pay my respects and talk with researchers.
Old 11-23-2022, 01:03 AM   #4
fast4522

Fact,

The day JFK died a phone call to RFK was made from people in the cars around the Presidential limo telling him projectiles came from more than one direction that was a crossfire shooting.

Fast forward to today, new technology drones have mapped Dealey Plaza connecting every inch of it to film frames from that day. Soon this will be released that may disterb many who have locked away opinions. The beltways dirty little secrets got declassified with our last President, I think new interest will happen soon on our televisions.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 02:02 AM   #5
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Fact,

The day JFK died a phone call to RFK was made from people in the cars around the Presidential limo telling him projectiles came from more than one direction that was a crossfire shooting.

Fast forward to today, new technology drones have mapped Dealey Plaza connecting every inch of it to film frames from that day. Soon this will be released that may disterb many who have locked away opinions. The beltways dirty little secrets got declassified with our last President, I think new interest will happen soon on our televisions.
While Trump did release some files that had not already been released, not all. The next date for review of file release is December 15. These releases are due to the Assassination Records Review Act, which Congress passed in the early 90's. The act called for release of all JFK files before now, but does have provisions for national security. After 59 years?
Old 11-23-2022, 02:46 AM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

They need to keep secret the well known fact the gov't lies to you all the fucking time, constantly and forever more.

That's why after 59 years?
Old 11-23-2022, 03:30 AM   #7
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchwest View Post
While Trump did release some files that had not already been released, not all. The next date for review of file release is December 15. These releases are due to the Assassination Records Review Act, which Congress passed in the early 90's. The act called for release of all JFK files before now, but does have provisions for national security. After 59 years?
Wait until it becomes news, there is enough to cast LBJ into a new light. Nancy was really mad to rip up the state of the union on TV because of declassifications.
Old 11-23-2022, 09:17 AM   #8
46zilzal
velocitician

Interrupted my senior class in economics...I had just given a report to my English class about a Shakespearean play I attended the night before (Two Gentlemen from Verona) at a junior college near us (Orange Coast College).. I'll guess their 3 day run never got more than one performance.

Years later while at UCLA, I was coming back to the Sigma Chi fraternity house on Gayley Avenue, Westwood,when a fellow yelled out "Did you hear Kennedy was shot?: I answered back, yes several years ago." Then heard the horrible news about his getting assassinated about 10 miles away after winning the California primary election

Last edited by 46zilzal; 11-23-2022 at 09:21 AM.
46zilzal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 10:02 AM   #9
ranchwest

Quote:
Wait until it becomes news, there is enough to cast LBJ into a new light. Nancy was really mad to rip up the state of the union on TV because of declassifications.
Yeah, well, there were about 70 Trumpers in Dealey Plaza yesterday awaiting the arrival of JFK, Jr.
Old 11-23-2022, 02:10 PM   #10
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
They need to keep secret the well known fact the gov't lies to you all the fucking time, constantly and forever more.

That's why after 59 years?

I read the whole Warren Commission report when I was 8-9 years old and did a book report on it. Mind you I was very advanced as a child, but I was still an elementary school kid. The thing that got me was the magic bullet, any one with any ballistic experience knows that was as about as believable as the existence of the Great Pumpkin. I had already been shooting guns since 7 and digging bullets out of things and finding used lead.

There was a very large unpaved flood channel in the desert I lived I that people dumped trash up to cars, items that were shot at. That was in SoCal of all places my have things changed. I had a shooting gallery a 1/2 mile behind my backyard fence.

Anyway I think the Warren Commission report was a blend of fiction and non fiction. My take is the government did not want to admit they didn't not know exactly what happened, and they knew responsible parties were getting away with murder. I think Oswald could have shot Kennedy once or twice but did not did deliver the fatal head shot. Oswald was killed before he could talk.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 04:31 PM   #11
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchwest View Post
Yeah, well, there were about 70 Trumpers in Dealey Plaza yesterday awaiting the arrival of JFK, Jr.
I did not know that. But I do know in a previous thread you said the Presidental limo was not the Secret Services car, it was leased to the United States Secret Service. in another thread you said the Presidental limo front windshield had a hole in it, boatloads of pictures were taken at Parkland hostpital clearly showing no hole in the front windshield. How much is that book that you were pushing worth, maybe 10 cents a pound at Morgag Memorial? If there is interest national news will cover newly uncovered documents and details of a covered up.
Old 11-23-2022, 04:42 PM   #12
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I read the whole Warren Commission report when I was 8-9 years old and did a book report on it. Mind you I was very advanced as a child, but I was still an elementary school kid. The thing that got me was the magic bullet, any one with any ballistic experience knows that was as about as believable as the existence of the Great Pumpkin. I had already been shooting guns since 7 and digging bullets out of things and finding used lead.

There was a very large unpaved flood channel in the desert I lived I that people dumped trash up to cars, items that were shot at. That was in SoCal of all places my have things changed. I had a shooting gallery a 1/2 mile behind my backyard fence.

Anyway I think the Warren Commission report was a blend of fiction and non fiction. My take is the government did not want to admit they didn't not know exactly what happened, and they knew responsible parties were getting away with murder. I think Oswald could have shot Kennedy once or twice but did not did deliver the fatal head shot. Oswald was killed before he could talk.
There was a entrance wound in his bact at t3 about 5 inches down from the neck, this looks like it was from a 6th floor shot. Gerald Ford fudged that bullet hole location. My guess JFK was hit just under the adams apple prior to the wound in his back. He put his hands on his throat prior to taking other rounds. I also think the Governor was hit with a missed shot, so much for the Warren Commision 3 round limit.
Old 11-23-2022, 05:31 PM   #13
Marshall Bennett

The Kennedy assassination has become a boring topic. Few books are even covering it anymore. Its been 59 years, but more importantly, everyone clings to their opinions whether they've been disproven or not.
It was a good topic of conservation once upon a time (at least for me), but seriously, its run its course and nothing ever changes.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 05:46 PM   #14
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
The Kennedy assassination has become a boring topic. Few books are even covering it anymore. Its been 59 years, but more importantly, everyone clings to their opinions whether they've been disproven or not.
It was a good topic of conservation once upon a time (at least for me), but seriously, its run its course and nothing ever changes.
My opinions are open to new infomation to be released, in other words I might say oh shit. Trump declassified almost everything and on its surface it looks like the Warren Commissions report my be the most bogus report ever paid for. I would love someone to pour gas all over the beltway and let those porkers roast. Definitave proof our government lied to everyone works for me. Just exactly how those inside the motercade could smell gunpowder in beyond most who are familar with the smell. In short I do not care who it hurts when everything comes to light.
Old 11-23-2022, 06:02 PM   #15
Inner Dirt

Quote:
My opinions are open to new infomation to be released, in other words I might say oh shit. Trump declassified almost everything and on its surface it looks like the Warren Commissions report my be the most bogus report ever paid for. I would love someone to pour gas all over the beltway and let those porkers roast. Definitave proof our government lied to everyone works for me. Just exactly how those inside the motercade could smell gunpowder in beyond most who are familar with the smell. In short I do not care who it hurts when everything comes to light.

I could not even concoct a theory on what really happened, all I know is what the government told us is not the truth. Any one with a basic knowledge of guns and ballistics reads the magic bullet theory knows that part is bunk. As many say if you find one cockroach, do you think that is the only one? The fact that horse crap made it past the final edit tells you something.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: