Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-27-2022, 12:09 PM   #1
tbwinner

Am I TOO Sane or INSANE?

I've long been social liberal, fiscal conservative...which i think matches the MAJORITY of America.

The fringe parties of the left and right are ruining America.

I was excited for Trump in 2016. I supported the majority of his presidency. He's crass..who F'ing cares.

But he's done. The GOP clinging to MAGA will be the death of the party.

Here's how you get some votes: SUBSTANCE. Come out and take on TRUMP, and take on The DEMS. Come out and feel with REAL AMERICA. Not the f'ing west/east coast liberals, not the die-hard, dumbass, miseducated deep south Red...

How about the people who are TIRED OF EXCESSIVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING? How about people like ME who are tired of the pols CRUSHING THEIR CIVIL LIBERTIES?
How about those that are DONE with EXCESSIVE FOREIGN INTERVENTION?
How about those who want to PROMOTE THEIR OWN WELL-BEING? America is SELFISH, and that's OK---we should take care of our own!!!
A wall and strict border control? You betcha!!!
Programs to take care of the sick, elderly, veterans, and poverty-risk? YES!!!
Support safety in our hometowns with proper police, fire, healthcare, and military staffing? WHO CAN ARGUE WITH THAT???
Sane regulation in anti-trust, corporate affairs, tax, and health? WELL, OF COURSE!!!!!!!
Patient advocacy to CHOICE in their own bodies? YES, That means NO VACCINE REQUIREMENTS and SANE ABORTION RULES...and an END to Big Pharma Control in Congress and Gov't Agencies...YES, the majority of AMERICA WANTS THAT!!!!

Am I sounding sane? Or am I TOO INSANE to keep caring the way I do??????
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2022, 12:16 PM   #2
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
I've long been social liberal, fiscal conservative...which i think matches the MAJORITY of America.

I was excited for Trump in 2016. I supported the majority of his presidency. He's crass..who F'ing cares.

Here's how you get some votes: SUBSTANCE. Come out and take on TRUMP, and take on The DEMS. Come out and feel with REAL AMERICA. Not the f'ing west/east coast liberals, not the die-hard, dumbass, miseducated deep south Red...

How about the people who are TIRED OF EXCESSIVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING? How about people like ME who are tired of the pols CRUSHING THEIR CIVIL LIBERTIES?
How about those who want to PROMOTE THEIR OWN WELL-BEING? America is SELFISH, and that's OK---we should take care of our own!!!
Support safety in our hometowns with proper police, fire, healthcare, and military staffing? WHO CAN ARGUE WITH THAT???
Sane regulation in anti-trust, corporate affairs, tax, and health? WELL, OF COURSE!!!!!!!
Patient advocacy to CHOICE in their own bodies? YES, That means NO VACCINE REQUIREMENTS and SANE ABORTION RULES...and an END to Big Pharma Control in Congress and Gov't Agencies...YES, the majority of AMERICA WANTS THAT!!!!

So...Trump isn't for all the things you claim are you concerns?

Also, have you never read by a very wise man who once said: "A house divided against itself cannot stand"?
Old 10-27-2022, 01:00 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

I mostly vote for Republicans, but my ideals clash strongly with many people who vote like me. I believe too many people are all or nothing, everything is black or white, never gray.

A good example, I believe in social programs, but I think they need more oversight to weed out the cheaters and they should not be used to give everyone a median lifestyle. They should provide basic survival needs. I believe the extra government workers hired will more than pay for themselves
by stopping the people gaming the system.

Here is an example of a system gamer. I have a friend who got an early medical retirement from the State of California, he only worked 9 years, I would only consider him dinged up, not disabled, still able to do his job. That isn't the point. He draws a tax free pension equal to his old take home pay.

He even rents rooms in his house which he does not claim the income from.

Since his income is zero on paper when it comes to qualifying for social programs he gets discounted utilities and uses the cheap electricity to grow
marijuana.

My idea is kicked to the gutter by both sides. A lot of Republicans say f**k
handouts and the Democrats say my ideas risk disqualifying someone in need.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2022, 01:00 PM   #4
tbwinner

Trump's run too afoul with the law. Are the Dems and the mainstream media out to get him? Absolutely. But it doesn't take much to see how self-serving he's been (and yes, that really says for every politician these days..).

I still believe Trump's run in 2016 was more publicity stunt than actual desire...though I saw his heart be ALL-AMERICA come his term, it's hard to get behind him given all the shenanigans.
Old 10-27-2022, 01:05 PM   #5
tbwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post

A good example, I believe in social programs, but I think they need more oversight to weed out the cheaters and they should not be used to give everyone a median lifestyle. They should provide basic survival needs. I believe the extra government workers hired will more than pay for themselves
by stopping the people gaming the system.

Bingo.

In my lines of work (both my W2 job and small biz...not in same industry), I see this. The cheaters and rip-off artists benefit greatly among the backs of people like myself, who pay honestly into the system in all of income tax, unemployment tax, SS, Medicare, etc... It's terrible and disheartening. Are there people that need welfare and safety nets? ABSOLUTELY. No one argues that. But there needs to be means testing and adequate protocol enforcement.

Example-----Think of the thousands, maybe millions, in this country that stay unmarried after having kids. They (wrongly) claim Earned Income Credit as Head of Household despite sharing bills and expenses with their baby daddy/mama. In addition to EIC, they get food stamps, childcare, etc. Just one example of many wrongs in the system.
Old 10-27-2022, 01:10 PM   #6
pandy

Quote:

I don't think MAGA will hurt the Republicans, I think it has helped them tremendously and will continue to do so as long as Trump doesn't become President again. MAGA isn't extreme - closed border, low crime, no war hawks, no wokeness. The Republican party needs Trump's populist ideas but not his craziness. If they go back to full-time Globalism, they will get beat and beat soundly. If they nominate Desantis in 2024, he'll be the next President. Desantis gets the populist anti-woke movement.

I could be wrong but I think the Democrats are the party that's in trouble because of the extremists who are running the Biden administration. They really blew it. If Biden was the same centrist he was his whole career, the Democratic party might have weathered this inflation-crime storm that was induced by the severe lockdowns and hand outs. But they're putting their party at risk with all of these woke and far-left policies.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2022, 01:22 PM   #7
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Old 10-27-2022, 01:53 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The three biggest problems with our government are:

1. Unlimited terms. That is the kiss of death.
2. Legal bribery. No matter what you call it lobbies are buying the scumbags.
3. Because of the first two, pols no longer represent the peoplw. Niether party has for a long time. They only represent themselves. Money and power for themselves.

Couple this with the fact that most Americans are lazy and stupid.
They buy the BS the media puts out and never question it.

I can understand that people hear Trump and don't like him. They never consider his accomplishments, just personality.

And the same people can look at Biden and this qusi-vegatable Fedderman and think they are qualfied?????

We have met the enemy, he is us.
Old 10-27-2022, 02:14 PM   #9
boxcar

Quote:
Trump's run too afoul with the law. Are the Dems and the mainstream media out to get him? Absolutely. But it doesn't take much to see how self-serving he's been (and yes, that really says for every politician these days..).

I still believe Trump's run in 2016 was more publicity stunt than actual desire...though I saw his heart be ALL-AMERICA come his term, it's hard to get behind him given all the shenanigans.
Really? How many times has has this lawless one been convicted?
Old 10-27-2022, 02:24 PM   #10
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
The three biggest problems with our government are:

1. Unlimited terms. That is the kiss of death.
2. Legal bribery. No matter what you call it lobbies are buying the scumbags.
3. Because of the first two, pols no longer represent the peoplw. Niether party has for a long time. They only represent themselves. Money and power for themselves.

Couple this with the fact that most Americans are lazy and stupid.
They buy the BS the media puts out and never question it.

I can understand that people hear Trump and don't like him. They never consider his accomplishments, just personality.

And the same people can look at Biden and this qusi-vegatable Fedderman and think they are qualfied?????

We have met the enemy, he is us.

In some of these congressional races out west, the Democrat has ten times the amount of campaign finance money because of the huge donations from corporations. There really should be not only term limits, but donation limits.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2022, 02:27 PM   #11
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Bingo.

In my lines of work (both my W2 job and small biz...not in same industry), I see this. The cheaters and rip-off artists benefit greatly among the backs of people like myself, who pay honestly into the system in all of income tax, unemployment tax, SS, Medicare, etc... It's terrible and disheartening. Are there people that need welfare and safety nets? ABSOLUTELY. No one argues that. But there needs to be means testing and adequate protocol enforcement.

Example-----Think of the thousands, maybe millions, in this country that stay unmarried after having kids. They (wrongly) claim Earned Income Credit as Head of Household despite sharing bills and expenses with their baby daddy/mama. In addition to EIC, they get food stamps, childcare, etc. Just one example of many wrongs in the system.

I was a clock punching supervisor and a lot of the folks south of the border came to me for advice on living here. Some probably illegal, with phony papers, but that was on HR in the large company not me as I could only recommend someone for hire.

It seems one would game the system successfully and then share with others. Sometimes I heard from the horse's mouth, other times through the grapevine. The all time cheat was Francisco, he was legal but he fathered 6 children with resident alien or whatever she was stay at home mom girlfriend. In spite of making almost $50k a year 30 years ago, his girlfriend

was on welfare, food stamps, medi-cal and section 8. Francisco lived with her, and was the father of all the kids. With 6 kids she pulled in some bank at the time. Most of use drove 25-50 miles to get cheaper housing, they lived close to the plant, paying $75 a month for a $1500 a month house.

A lot of them used phony SS#'s and did not file taxes claiming exempt, if they did that too long that will bite them when they retire. A few of those guys were shocked when I showed them my paycheck. I was getting less take home than them in spite of getting $2 an hour over the highest guy I
supervised and an extra hour of OT a day, that was mandatory.
Old 10-27-2022, 02:27 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

You sound pretty sane to me.

You've got my vote.
Old 10-27-2022, 03:31 PM   #13
lamboguy

i am having the pleasure of watching the political ads from New Hampshire between the incumbent Hassan and the wannabe Buldoc. no question in my mind, anyone that who votes for either of these 2 is insane, and i suspect most of the other races throughout the country are the same.

i guess i am lucky, the last time i voted, i went for Randolph Scott!

lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2022, 04:32 PM   #14
Inner Dirt

Quote:

I disagree, he and his lawyers are experts at gaming the system with his business dealings. I believe he is one immoral SOB and if I had his freaking money I would not have bankrupted the businesses he did, I would have paid their debts and then closed them. Not sure if in your small business,

that a debtor has filed bankruptcy, I have had it happen to me, twice.
The business bankruptcy laws in this country need reform, they are a joke.
Trump just gamed them, multiple times.

I never liked Trump all the way back to his New Jersey General ownership days. He is an immoral slime ball, I would not turn my back on. Considering that I believe he wants what is best for this country, and will put the USA first. That is good enough for me against any modern Democrat.
Old 10-27-2022, 05:08 PM   #15
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I never liked Trump all the way back to his New Jersey General ownership days. He is an immoral slime ball, I would not turn my back on. Considering that I believe he wants what is best for this country, and will put the USA first. That is good enough for me against any modern Democrat.
Huh?
An immoral slime ball that wants what is best for this country…

Do you actually listen to yourself talk?