Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-27-2022, 10:49 AM   #1
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

NYRA Bets Questions

95% of my play is on NYRA tracks so it seems logical to wager with their platform.

How is their rewards/rebate (points earned thru betting) program? In other words: how many dollars bet = how much of a rebate?
Can't be worse than the one I'm currently using.

Are deposits and withdrawals basically as easy as one click for each transaction (once my account is set up) ?

Are there any tracks they don't carry? I do like to bet the Melbourne Cup, the Arc, Royal Ascot, and sometimes Dubai.

Is their betting interface easy to use?

Thanks for this and any other info y'all may be able to provide.
Old 09-27-2022, 11:45 AM   #2
HorsemenHeist

I'm in California, may be different in other states that can actually offer a rebate.

But I believe it's 2 points per dollar wagered and double that for NYRA tracks. And 5,000 points for a $5 rebate, so if you only bet NYRA tracks you'd need to churn $1,250 for a $5 rebate. Really not much at all, but the hit & split promos they run are good. Hit 4/5 on a Sam Houston p5 earlier this year and got a $500 credit from that promo even just cashing the minor payout.

Once your checking account is set up, very easy to deposit and withdraw, no issues at all here.

As far as I know, all the tracks including CDI tracks and international are available.

Interface is probably the one area of improvement they can make, especially when betting superfectas last minute like I do. But it's not enough of a hindrance to move my action and they air the NYRA fox shows live when they're on.
HorsemenHeist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2022, 12:18 PM   #3
metro

Comparing NYRABets rewards program to one that is pretty basic, Keenleand Select.

At KS for every dollar wagered 1 point is rewarded (regardless of track wagered on). Wager $2,500 and you can convert 2500 points for a $25 account credit. They don't offer any other type of promos.

At NYRABets you have to have 25,000 points for a $25 account credit. The difference with them is they offer 4 points for every dollar wagered on NYRA tracks, 2 points non NYRA tracks.

If you only bet NYRA tracks it would take $6,250 of wagers to get a $25 wagering credit. Non NYRA tracks it would take $12,500 for a $25 wagering credit.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2022, 01:03 PM   #4
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsemenHeist View Post
I'm in California, may be different in other states that can actually offer a rebate.

But I believe it's 2 points per dollar wagered and double that for NYRA tracks. And 5,000 points for a $5 rebate, so if you only bet NYRA tracks you'd need to churn $1,250 for a $5 rebate. Really not much at all, but the hit & split promos they run are good. Hit 4/5 on a Sam Houston p5 earlier this year and got a $500 credit from that promo even just cashing the minor payout.

Once your checking account is set up, very easy to deposit and withdraw, no issues at all here.

As far as I know, all the tracks including CDI tracks and international are available.

Interface is probably the one area of improvement they can make, especially when betting superfectas last minute like I do. But it's not enough of a hindrance to move my action and they air the NYRA fox shows live when they're on.
In Ca if you churn 500K or more per year you have a shot at getting small rebates that are better than the rewards system. But the rebates are nowhere near what you can get in other states
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2022, 01:10 PM   #5
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Are deposits and withdrawals basically as easy as one click for each transaction (once my account is set up) ?

Thanks for this and any other info y'all may be able to provide.
I have a separate bank account I use just for ADW account funding/withdrawals and horseracing related expenses. I have found transactions through NYRABets to go very smoothly and efficiently in and out.

I will also plug their customer service as being VERY responsive to any issues/questions I've had regarding promos. As an example, there was one promo that I participated in where I had not seen a credit. I contacted them via the website. Apparently there was some system related issue processing that promo, but rather than just saying we are experiencing a delay that should be resolved shortly (a generic auto-response), the rep replied back explaining that there was a delay, BUT that he had also checked my account and that I definitely did qualify for the promo and would receive the credit when they all processed. It was a nice extra step.

Interface-wise, I like having the ability to select individual races (rather than just tracks) that I'm interested in for the day and be able to display them in order of post time - makes switching around on RTN that much easier.

If you switch (or add), I hope you find that NYRABets works well for you.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2022, 07:00 PM   #6
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

The 2x points on NYRA tracks is really nice since I bet almost all of my wagering dollars there.

Thanks for the info y'all

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 09-27-2022 at 07:01 PM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2022, 07:43 PM   #7
Brass Hat

Interface-wise I find TwinSpires less cluttered and easier to use. I use this at home, even for NYRA tracks.

At Saratoga I am one of the semi-luddites who bets on the screens there rather than the phone or computer; I use the NYRA account on the screens. They are not as cluttered as the app.

One fun story about the NYRA account. I opened it a number of years ago at Belmont, the Friday before the Belmont Stakes. I wanted ROKU access at home to the NYRA site. Opened it, was congratulating myself for getting it done.

The next day there was a promo, bet $150, get $150 if you opened an NYRA account. I went to information and asked why I was not offered this on Friday, and why I was not told there was a promo, and to wait for Saturday, and was told that staff did not know about the promo until that Saturday. Meanwhile, mom, dad, aunt Sally, great-uncle George and any living members of age of any family attending were signing up for this. I didn't follow up because I thought it was useless.

This was the date of the Big Brown Belmont, if I remember correctly.
Brass Hat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply