Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-14-2018, 09:24 AM   #271
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
I think a lot depends on what your definition of a foul is. Noble Indy was 5 wide vying for early position trying to establish position for the first turn and next thing you know RH makes a right hand turn in front of him and is then floating in the 6 to 3 path blocking Noble Indy from getting within range of Justify. From that point on Castellano decides sit just off of RH amplifying the blocking powers of RH (which was Castellano's decision and had nothing to do with Baffert).
Yeah, if your definition of a foul is "I want it to be a foul because I had a bet on the horse" then I can see how you could reach your conclusion. Otherwise, not so much. Tenfold and Vino Rosso bumping so much on the first turn that you'd think they were at disco night, that's no foul, but RH crossing over in front of Noble Indy is.
FenceBored is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 10:12 AM   #272
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
The aerial shot clearly shows Restoring Hope committing a foul on Noble Indy going into the first turn. It also shows RH coming in and crowding/herding Bravazso on the first turn after that..

No claim of foul by any jockeys that ride for these big super trainers. Don't want to jeopardize a future riding assignment???

No inquiry posted.

It was all ignored by all parties concerned including those responsible for policing the sport - the stewards.

Dirty game, and they get away with it time after time.

Nobody gives a crap about the betting public.

They must think we're all idiots. Maybe we are.

I won't bet another Thoroughbred race till Saratoga as a show of disgust for how this sport operates.

May NEVER BET another race that Bob Baffert is involved in - with more than ONE HORSE entered.

[Brown and Pletcher have pulled similar in the past and maybe I'll drop races where they have multiple runners too.]

I was going to try and not post for a while, but, I had to make my feelings known to all here.

This crap has to end.
What would be the point of claiming foul since Restoring Hope finished well up the track?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 12:04 PM   #273
Denny
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
What would be the point of claiming foul since Restoring Hope finished well up the track?
Only because it was a foul.

I didn't realize NI finished last.

Restoring Hope finished 8th which paid $30,000. Paid for creating havoc.

That should be forfeited and go to the PDJF.
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #274
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 01:03 PM   #275
MadVindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
I have a long running feud with Baffert et al going back to 2010 and the boycott. He hates me and I can't stand him. I'm speaking from personal experience. And just to add one example in 2012 there was a huge controversy about 72 hour surveillance. Golden Eagle Farm had a entrant and the Farm Manager J.M. and the Trainer wanted 72 hour surveillance and they asked me to help so I did. They even offered to pay 20K themselves to front the cost and they did end up paying it themselves. Behind the scenes B.B. and Hollendorfer were having a sh*t fit about it but publicly they said they were OK with it. B.B. went so far as to call John Mabee and asked him to fire his Manager J.M. but to his credit John Mabee told him to eff off. That's just one example. I can go on and on.

Anyway, that's where I'm coming from if anyone gives a cr*p.
Yes, I'd like to hear more. What was the 72 hour surveillance about?
MadVindication is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 01:05 PM   #276
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadVindication View Post
Yes, I'd like to hear more. What was the 72 hour surveillance about?
72 hour surveillance of the stalls the horses running were in to make sure there was no shock waving or injections or anything suspicious.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #277
MadVindication

Geroux was sharp with his "no comment" stance to the media. He will be riding Telekinises in the Queen's Plate and Casse should have about four entries. But Geroux being on the best one won't be playing bumper horse there if he can help it.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:13 PM   #278
MadVindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
72 hour surveillance of the stalls the horses running were in to make sure there was no shock waving or injections or anything suspicious.
Was that boycott you mentioned related to that?
Old 06-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #279
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadVindication View Post
Was that boycott you mentioned related to that?
Boycott started in 2010
Old 06-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #280
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Coupling only solves the issue of protecting the bettor. The trainer and owner couldnt care less if they’re coupled. It does nothing to stop trainer shenanigans.
Well, it goes on in other racing sports, it goes on with teams working together in Olympic bike races and in running races, certainly goes on in NASCAR. I dont know what the expectation is unless to say NO common connections will be allowed to enter.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 01:58 PM   #281
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Well, it goes on in other racing sports, it goes on with teams working together in Olympic bike races and in running races, certainly goes on in NASCAR. I dont know what the expectation is unless to say NO common connections will be allowed to enter.
Legal betting and uncoupling changes things, IMO.

I would argue this is closer to collusion at the poker table, which is against the rules.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 02:01 PM   #282
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Legal betting and uncoupling changes things, IMO.

I would argue this is closer to collusion at the poker table, which is against the rules.
There is legal betting on NASCAR, every weekend. Soon to be a lot more.

poker...ha ha ha, that NEVER happens!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #283
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
There is legal betting on NASCAR, every weekend. Soon to be a lot more.

poker...ha ha ha, that NEVER happens!!!!!!!!
"Legal betting" run by the enterprise is VERY different.

A lot of horse racing's responsibilities to be an honest sport flow from the fact that the tracks take the bets.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 03:40 PM   #284
Prioress Ply

Quote:

A lot of horse racing's responsibilities to be an honest sport flow from the fact that the tracks take the bets.

Good response to an asinine post. NASCAR isn't taking 3% of the pool.
Prioress Ply is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 03:43 PM   #285
GMB@BP

Quote:

Fair enough, but I just find it funny, something that has been going on, and to much less scrutiny back before modern broadcasting, is something that means something against this horse, its ridiculous. Like this horse should have an "asterisk" next to his name.