Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #346
green80

It's like playing the lottery when the big players are given half the winning numbers up front. No way is this a level playing field.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2018, 07:55 PM   #347
AlsoEligible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Doesn't matter.
If people thing they are past posting, then for all intents and purposes they are. And I would suggest that someone PROVE it.

I, for one, believe bets ARE getting in late until I see some proof otherwise. What possible semblance of integrity does racing have that I would trust thier word for anything?
You can contact the TRPB if you have a specific date/track/race you’re concerned about. At the close of every race, they receive a feed from every tote system detailing every bet placed, and the time it was placed. This system is in place specifically to immediately find instances of past-post wagering when they happen. Which is not very often, and is always the result of a technical issue when it does.

You guys can keep arguing this until you’re blue in the face, but if you believe that past-posting occurs in this game on any kind of regular basis - or worse, that certain groups are allowed to do so - then you are wrong. Full stop.
AlsoEligible is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2018, 08:46 PM   #348
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsoEligible View Post
You can contact the TRPB if you have a specific date/track/race you’re concerned about. At the close of every race, they receive a feed from every tote system detailing every bet placed, and the time it was placed. This system is in place specifically to immediately find instances of past-post wagering when they happen. Which is not very often, and is always the result of a technical issue when it does.

You guys can keep arguing this until you’re blue in the face, but if you believe that past-posting occurs in this game on any kind of regular basis - or worse, that certain groups are allowed to do so - then you are wrong. Full stop.
Isn't this the same group that never told us which track it was where past posting occurred?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=107314
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2018, 08:51 PM   #349
menifee

3.15 Charlestown Race 4 - watch the race. Look at the odds. Once the 2 dumps the jock, they change dramatically. Look at will pays in double, p3 and p4.

Unreal...
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2018, 08:54 PM   #350
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee View Post
3.15 Charlestown Race 4 - watch the race. Look at the odds. Once the 2 dumps the jock, they change dramatically. Look at will pays in double, p3 and p4.

Unreal...
These CRW guys are really smart, can even anticipate dumped riders.

I watched, but didn't see odds until the 1 horse was already 1-2.

Last edited by cj; 03-15-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:04 PM   #351
menifee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post

I saw the odds change in the pools after they crossed the wire. The exactas changed big time. Perhaps it was a computer issue on my end.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:06 PM   #352
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I saw the odds change in the pools after they crossed the wire. The exactas changed big time. Perhaps it was a computer issue on my end.
The replay showed 1-2 on the backstretch right after the 2 dumped the rider. First there was a glitch showing odds from the prior race, then the top 4 with no odds, then the 1-2 showed up, but it all happened really fast.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:52 PM   #353
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Ah yes, the "glitch."

Old 03-15-2018, 10:55 PM   #354
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Those whales have really fast fingers.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2018, 11:24 PM   #355
menifee

The discrepancy between the horse’s win price and how it was playing in the p4 was pretty remarkable. I can understand the p3 and double pools not being efficient as they are fairly small at CT, but the p4 is similar to win pool.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:11 AM   #356
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
The discrepancy between the horse’s win price and how it was playing in the p4 was pretty remarkable. I can understand the p3 and double pools not being efficient as they are fairly small at CT, but the p4 is similar to win pool.

Not sure if the payoff you're speaking of was high or low, but you have to keep in mind that as the payoff sizes increase (as they do with each added leg) less money is on each combination, relative to the pool.

So it's very easy for a payoff to be TOO LOW, not so much the other way.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:44 AM   #357
lamboguy

Quote:

this isn't the CRW. they don't have access to the pools after the races start, its simply someone that does have access, someone and somewhere we don't know yet. someone is getting live c-band feeds and taking advantage of the game.

all this game needs to do is nothing to stop after the bell, or for the non-believers, the perception of after the bell going on and it will continue to die a slow death.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2018, 09:34 AM   #358
jahura2

Quote:
The replay showed 1-2 on the backstretch right after the 2 dumped the rider. First there was a glitch showing odds from the prior race, then the top 4 with no odds, then the 1-2 showed up, but it all happened really fast.

In everyone's experience are there any tracks that are less "whale watched"? Or are all tracks being watched from Aqueduct to Zia Park?
jahura2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2018, 10:30 AM   #359
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahura2 View Post
In everyone's experience are there any tracks that are less "whale watched"? Or are all tracks being watched from Aqueduct to Zia Park?
My experience is just the opposite. The percent of pool bet by whale money is much higher at tracks with high rebates, raising the competitive level at the track.

Thus, a track that with low rebates may have only 4% or so of whale handle (i.e. CD, GG, SA), while a high rebate track (i.e. MNR, CT, TUP, PRM, PM) might have as much as 35%.

I find the low-rebate tracks to be much easier to beat.

Dave
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2018, 04:42 PM   #360
AltonKelsey
Veteran

4% whale handle.

Doubt it gets that low, or anything like it

If that were true , any decent handicapper would mint money

Last edited by AltonKelsey; 03-16-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: