Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-01-2017, 06:26 PM   #1
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Eddie Olczyk

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/p...-racing-thank/

Quote:
My Fellow Racing Fan,

Happy Breeders’ Cup week! Before we get into picks, analysis and betting strategies, there’s something I need to say:

Thank you.

Since being diagnosed with colon cancer, I’ve been overwhelmed by the power of your thoughts, prayers and well wishes. My family and I will be forever thankful for the kindness you’ve shown us.

So to everyone in racing – the fans, bettors, jockeys, owners, breeders, trainers, grooms, valets, veterinarians, media, track employees and everyone in between – thank you. Thank you so much. You mean more to me than I can ever put into words.

I also want to recognize a few people who have been there every step of the way:

• Sam Flood, Rob Hyland & the NBC Horse Racing Team
• Laffit Pincay III
• John Sikura of Hill ‘n Dale Farm
• Chris Baker of Three Chimneys Farm
• The Baffert Family
• Team Always Dreaming – Anthony Bonomo & Vinnie Viola
• The Stronach Group, Xpressbet & XBTV

To you guys, your unwavering support has been both needed and greatly appreciated.

I’ll admit that I’m going to miss being at the Breeders’ Cup this year, especially for its first trip to Del Mar. There’s just no way of replicating the energy and excitement of a big day at the races. But even though I won’t be at the track, you’d better believe I’ll be watching every minute and playing every race. In my eyes, these are the best two days of the year to ‘let it ride’ and shoot for the fences. Somebody is going to hit big – why shouldn’t it be us?

I’m especially looking forward to getting another crack at the Breeders’ Cup Betting Challenge. I played last year at Santa Anita and finished in the Top 40 – not bad for a tournament that had 397 entries – but I still think about things I could’ve done differently. A couple tweaks to my approach and maybe I win the whole thing. Wish me luck this year unless, of course, you’re playing too. In that case, good luck to you. Hopefully we’re both there at the finish line.

So let’s pick some winners, hit big and enjoy a phenomenal weekend of racing! If you’re interested in seeing how I’m playing the races, here are my Best Bets for Friday and Saturday.

I’ll see you at the track soon.

Your Friend,

Eddie Olczyk
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-02-2017 at 10:29 AM.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2017, 06:31 PM   #2
woodtoo

Hang in there and good luck at the races. We all miss you in the Peg and at the Downs.

Last edited by woodtoo; 11-01-2017 at 06:32 PM.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2017, 06:44 PM   #3
oughtoh

Hang in there and prayers are with you. You will be missed this weekend and you are missed every week when I am watching hockey. I love listening to you on the hockey games.
oughtoh is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2017, 07:17 PM   #4
VeryOldMan

Prayers up. Rooted for you back in the hockey day, including 1984 with the US Olympic team, and have been a fan since. Have appreciated what you've brought to horse racing.
VeryOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2017, 08:14 PM   #5
johnhenry81

All the best Edzo. I share your passions of horses and hockey, I am actually watching you do the Blackhawks-Flyers game right now. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
johnhenry81 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2017, 08:39 PM   #6
LemonSoupKid

is jocko Olczyk?

Love the avatar in that profile, lol

Atta boy Eddie
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2017, 08:47 PM   #7
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
is jocko Olczyk?

Love the avatar in that profile, lol

Atta boy Eddie
LSK,

I am the fat ass in the picture. I won a contest and made a 25k bet on the Preakness, Classic Empire, and Eddie interviewed me. He was such a nice guy and we talked about his NHL career, specifically when he played for the LA Kings, and his kids. Big money Mike Smith walked by us before the interview and we all reminisced about the old days at Hollywood Park.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:49 PM   #8
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
LSK,

I am the fat ass in the picture. I won a contest and made a 25k bet on the Preakness, Classic Empire, and Eddie interviewed me. He was such a nice guy and we talked about his NHL career, specifically when he played for the LA Kings, and his kids. Big money Mike Smith walked by us before the interview and we all reminisced about the old days at Hollywood Park.
I remember that, sorry. Great stuff, jocko!

I had several pick 6 tickets that didn't cash when Cloud Computing came from the clouds --- it shouldn't make you feel any better but I had 12k I think coming if Classic Empire had hung on.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2017, 08:51 PM   #9
caper

Wait is this really Eddie Olczyk?
caper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2017, 08:52 PM   #10
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
Wait is this really Eddie Olczyk?
Yes
Old 11-01-2017, 08:54 PM   #11
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
I remember that, sorry. Great stuff, jocko!

I had several pick 6 tickets that didn't cash when Cloud Computing came from the clouds --- it shouldn't make you feel any better but I had 12k I think coming if Classic Empire had hung on.
Layers of agony. I turned to my buddy when Julian made his move and said it was too early. Oh well, the memories were priceless.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:55 PM   #12
caper

Quote:
Yes
Wow. I praying for you man. Cool to see some class hanging out with us degenerates!!
Old 11-01-2017, 08:58 PM   #13
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
Wow. I praying for you man. Cool to see some class hanging out with us degenerates!!
Caper,

Sorry, I am not Eddie. Just posting an email. I am the big dude on the right of my profile pic with Eddie.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:02 PM   #14
caper

Quote:
Caper,

Sorry, I am not Eddie. Just posting an email. I am the big dude on the right of my profile pic with Eddie.
lol. Ok. Sorry.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:53 PM   #15
dilanesp

Stay strong.

Who is going to win the Stanley Cup?
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply