Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-24-2017, 04:31 PM   #31
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
I like Gunnevera and Hence and im sitting here thinking i am going to do some tri with them on top over them and 5 more horses which would cost $60. (among other bets) But if those are the 2 horses I like combined with the fact that based on futures tickets I hold Id get paid over 500 bucks on either Irish War Cry or Practical Joke winning would I be better to just bet Gunnevera and Hence as like $40 win bets? Figure Gunnevera you'll get 10 to 12-1 and Hence 12 to 18 to 1.

Then doing some smaller exacta, tri's and supers mixing it up

I also like Patch maybe not to win and not sure show bets are really worth it, so id have to figure out how to use him
How many bets do you have? Honestly though do you really think Hence can win the ky derby? This year is such a mystery why not just bet crazy numbers? That being said if I had to pick one horse if my life depended on it I would pick Gunnevera but I'm really glad my life isn't at stake....I'm betting Longshots to win, Longshot exacta boxes, and Longshots in my multis. ....I want no part of McCracken and Irap is a horse that I want to lose money betting ....something tells me always dreaming is never in the hunt and finishes 16th 2 spots behind McCracken and 6 spots ahead of Tapwrit....Batallion Runner runs in the super and Calvin Borel wins the race....yep that's how it's going to go
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2017, 06:44 PM   #32
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629 View Post
How many bets do you have? Honestly though do you really think Hence can win the ky derby? This year is such a mystery why not just bet crazy numbers? That being said if I had to pick one horse if my life depended on it I would pick Gunnevera but I'm really glad my life isn't at stake....I'm betting Longshots to win, Longshot exacta boxes, and Longshots in my multis. ....I want no part of McCracken and Irap is a horse that I want to lose money betting ....something tells me always dreaming is never in the hunt and finishes 16th 2 spots behind McCracken and 6 spots ahead of Tapwrit....Batallion Runner runs in the super and Calvin Borel wins the race....yep that's how it's going to go
actually I have a futures ticket on Battalion runner too but I didnt mention it cause he has no chance in hell. I stood 15 feet from that horse after the wood, i dont think iv ever seen any living thing so exhausted, I actually felt bad for him. he has no chance at the distance and they should of skipped.

and yes I do think Hence can win. there is like 15 horses who CAN win this year.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2017, 10:24 PM   #33
fifth.day.of.may

i have futures $2w on always dreaming, war cry, thundersnow, battle of midway, girvin, tapwrit and $1 ex box with empire, mccraken, lookin at lee and the field from pool 2

i will probably play $2 wps on classic empire cos his ark derby looked really good and i feel that he will improve and move back to his higher figs.

maybe this derby isn't as close as we think?

idk i probably won't invest that much, I don't like the thought process that one race is much more important than the others.
fifth.day.of.may is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2017, 09:25 PM   #34
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
Last one was in 1986 before that 1963. I don't think War Admiral faced a 20 horse field. None since 20 horse fields became common.For me the 1 is an automatic toss
I must correct myself.War Admiral did face twenty horse field.he broke extremely fast and took the lead from the first step to the last. Having said that I see no War Admiral here .And will toss the one post from the win. If I'm wrong I'm wrong .Won't be the first or last time.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2017, 09:41 PM   #35
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by señorclipclop View Post
$1 Super Hi-5 Classic Empire/ALL/ALL/ALL/ALL ($93,024)
senorclipclop gonna be playing with just a tad bit larger bank roll than I.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2017, 12:26 AM   #36
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Does anybody know what the minimum wager amounts will be for Churchill Downs on Oaks/ Derby Days for trifecta, super, p3-5's...?
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2017, 05:16 AM   #37
Fred Mertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Does anybody know what the minimum wager amounts will be for Churchill Downs on Oaks/ Derby Days for trifecta, super, p3-5's...?
If you don't bet $2 you're wrong.

Dime bets are for cheapos.
Fred Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2017, 07:49 AM   #38
jtschmidt

Quote:
For Saturday I believe:

WPS $2
Exacta, Super, HI5, Double $1
Trifecta, P3, P4, P5 $0.50
jtschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2017, 12:15 PM   #39
Delta Cone

Quote:
https://www.churchilldowns.com/racin...ard/post-times
Delta Cone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2017, 07:38 PM   #40
PowerUpPaynter

horses that didn't run a prep race in April have finished in top 3 in 9 of the last 10 years. Hence, Thunder Snow, Fast and Accurate only 3 this year

Last edited by PowerUpPaynter; 05-02-2017 at 07:40 PM.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2017, 08:00 PM   #41
Mc990

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
horses that didn't run a prep race in April have finished in top 3 in 9 of the last 10 years. Hence, Thunder Snow, Fast and Accurate only 3 this year
Yes. Spacing is good. 5-6 weeks has proven to be optimal for this race.... Regardless of month...
Mc990 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: