Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-29-2017, 05:08 PM   #16
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
I predict that the despicable Megyn Kelly will be the front runner to replace the sex predator and liberal smarty pants, the fired Mutt Lauer.

Yes, yes, she's a horrible person, a proven ratings disaster and simply isn't as bright as her PR hacks and TV associates say she is, but NBC is paying her mega bucks and needs to get something out of the little shanty girl.
Wrong again, Inspector.

read:https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ma...cid=spartandhp

As the co-host of NBC’s “Today,” Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified.

On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.

He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they’d slept with, offering to trade names. And he loved to engage in a crass quiz game with men and women in the office: “-—, marry, or kill,” in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he’d most like to sleep with.

These accounts of Lauer’s behavior at NBC are the result of a two-month investigation by Variety, with dozens of interviews with current and former staffers. Variety has talked to three women who identified themselves as victims of sexual harassment by Lauer, and their stories have been corroborated by friends or colleagues that they told at the time. They have asked for now to remain unnamed, fearing professional repercussions.

SNIP!
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2017, 05:31 PM   #17
Fager Fan
Veteran

Ok, if what's posted there is true, and I have to assume it is, then he deserves the doghouse. Imagine what his wife is doing to him right now.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2017, 05:53 PM   #18
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Wrong again, Inspector.

As the co-host of NBC’s “Today,” Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified.

On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.

He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they’d slept with, offering to trade names. And he loved to engage in a crass quiz game with men and women in the office: “-—, marry, or kill,” in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he’d most like to sleep with.

These accounts of Lauer’s behavior at NBC are the result of a two-month investigation by Variety, with dozens of interviews with current and former staffers. Variety has talked to three women who identified themselves as victims of sexual harassment by Lauer, and their stories have been corroborated by friends or colleagues that they told at the time. They have asked for now to remain unnamed, fearing professional repercussions.

SNIP!
What the hell are you referring to??

You don't think Megyn Kelly's name will come up as a Laurer replacement possibility?

Maybe it won't happen, but you're in no position to get snarky with me or anyone else on this site.

And, the link you posted... are you suggesting that he did nothing egregious to warrant his firing? You need to be more coherent when you post, pal, but that might be asking too much, I know.

You do know that Laurer regularly pinched Katie Couric's ass when they both were on the Today Show. She complained but got nowhere. Laurer later helped engineer her firing.

Last edited by reckless; 11-29-2017 at 05:59 PM.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2017, 06:02 PM   #19
reckless
Veteran

For those that doubt what I say.

Quote:
Katie Couric in 2012 Matt Lauer Pinched Me on the Ass a Lot
http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/29/katie-...t-allegations/
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2017, 06:04 PM   #20
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Ok, if what's posted there is true, and I have to assume it is, then he deserves the doghouse. Imagine what his wife is doing to him right now.
Um, nope not going to say it
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2017, 06:08 PM   #21
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Wrong again, Inspector.

SNIP!
Let me get this right. Variety performs the investigation? WTF. Does NBC even have procedures in place for investigating accusations? This whole thing reeks of NBC executives having knowledge of this and not doing something about it. Major lawsuits will be forthcoming against NBC.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2017, 06:35 PM   #22
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Let me get this right. Variety performs the investigation? WTF. Does NBC even have procedures in place for investigating accusations? This whole thing reeks of NBC executives having knowledge of this and not doing something about it. Major lawsuits will be forthcoming against NBC.
There isn't a chance they didn't know about it. I don't know about suing though. He'd have to admit to what he did in gory detail to make the case that NBC execs knew of the incidents and allowed it.

He's finished, his career is over, his wife is going to take half his fortune, and I'm guessing he'd rather slink off with his tail between his legs rather than telling all in a long drawn out court battle. They've probably already agreed to pay him out his contract.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:58 PM   #23
chadk66

This country is in a pickle now with what will be dozens of men exposed over the next couple months. If not more. What do we do. Remove these people from their jobs/office? Also end their retirement programs if they're politicians? Force them to pay back any tax payer money they used to silence these individuals? Somehow prevent them from running for re-election? etc. etc. If we don't this will accepted as normal behavior and will never be dealt with.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #24
JustRalph
Just another Facist

When asked about the door lock button, Lauer said Dave Garroway had it installed to keep that damn monkey out.......
Old 11-29-2017, 11:18 PM   #25
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
What the hell are you referring to??

You don't think Megyn Kelly's name will come up as a Laurer replacement possibility?

Settle down, Francis. Read the #s, esp in regards to the coveted 25-54 demo.

As far as her replacing Lauer, I'd make that easy decision as a yes. What her employer does is their business. Btw, SHE left fox, not the other way around. She wasn't the first female at fox to bolt that place with the sexual harrassment going on there

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/how-a...ng-show/348061

So, how is she doing in the ratings compared to her old show?

She’s ahead, but not by much, at least not among total viewers in the last month. Megyn Kelly Today is averaging 2.247 million viewers, leading America’s Newsroom by +11 percent. On two occasions in the last month (on Oct. 26 and on Nov. 7) America’s Newsroom topped Megyn Kelly Today in viewers. And consider that Fox News is on cable (in 89 million homes) and Kelly’s show is on broadcast TV (in 119 million homes).

In the A25-54 news demo Kelly has a wide lead, +58 percent. This is not surprising considering Fox’s audience is older than NBC’s. Between the news hours of 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., the 9 a.m. hour of America’s Newsroom is typically FNC’s most-watched.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:27 PM   #26
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
My wife and I were talking about this today, what was the norm in the 70s will get you fired today, on the spot. Personally I can trace the largest differences in an office environment (in my neck of the woods) back to the mid 90s when Clinton's acts were coming forth to the public. While he was overall a popular potus, his behavior turned people off.

Lot of changes were made in that timeframe where I worked, HR had policies in place, but never enforced much unless the Creep Factor was too much to ignore...That all changed about 20-25 yrs ago, you violate policy, you were walked out. Not sure why the entertainment and teevee industry is behind the times in this regard
Old 11-29-2017, 11:31 PM   #27
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
If you're important at all in the entertainment industry, better think twice before even joking near a female coworker, even if others are present.
Its a huge problem for executives now, because they have to take each complaint "extremely serious" regardless how minor it may appear. Otherwise they'll find themselves in deep shit. Women have definitely found an upper hand. No one will ever convince me women don't make their own sexual advances in the workplace as well. What a double standard.
Not that many men complain, but yes, there are certainly women who do the same sorts of things. About twenty years a female manager came up behind me when no one was in the office, put her arms around me and pressed her body against mine. I froze and didn't say a word. It was very strange. I should have said something to her, but I didn't know what to say.

A week later she wrote me up twice in one week for frivolous things. I was a real hustler, not the type that gets written up. Anyway, I called a local lawyer who handled these types of cases and he was kind enough to give me free counsel over the phone. He asked me if I was friendly with any of the other woman in the office. I said, yes, there's only one other woman who works there and she and I sit together and have lunch sometimes. He said, "your female boss is jealous...she made a sexual gesture and you turned her down, and you're buddies with the other woman." He said this type of behavior was very common. He told me to write a formal letter of complaint and give it to management, which I did. Not much was said but the manager got the message, she never bothered me again, and we got along fine after that.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2017, 11:34 PM   #28
pandy

Today Show Lauer interviewing O'Reilly

There's a video from the today show where Matt Lauer grills Bill O'Reilly about sexual harassment. Wow, the hypocrisy is thick.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cddd488a9dff
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 01:57 AM   #29
davew

Washington post keeps wanting me to pay
on youtube Lauer drilling O'Reilly

davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 07:55 AM   #30
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Settle down, Francis. Read the #s, esp in regards to the coveted 25-54 demo.

As far as her replacing Lauer, I'd make that easy decision as a yes. What her employer does is their business. Btw, SHE left fox, not the other way around. She wasn't the first female at fox to bolt that place with the sexual harrassment going on there

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/how-a...ng-show/348061

So, how is she doing in the ratings compared to her old show?

She’s ahead, but not by much, at least not among total viewers in the last month. Megyn Kelly Today is averaging 2.247 million viewers, leading America’s Newsroom by +11 percent. On two occasions in the last month (on Oct. 26 and on Nov. 7) America’s Newsroom topped Megyn Kelly Today in viewers. And consider that Fox News is on cable (in 89 million homes) and Kelly’s show is on broadcast TV (in 119 million homes).

In the A25-54 news demo Kelly has a wide lead, +58 percent. This is not surprising considering Fox’s audience is older than NBC’s. Between the news hours of 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., the 9 a.m. hour of America’s Newsroom is typically FNC’s most-watched.
That's not the comparison that's important. It's how many viewers did she have with her show at FOX, and how many does she have now? In addition, how do the two audiences compare?

I think it was a horrible move for her. She was doing serious journalism about important topics at FOX. What's she doing now? Recipes and other fluff?