Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #391
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

This whole Alabama senate race was more than disgusting.

The press coverage was unbearable, and the candidates were simply dreadful. On both sides.

Roy Moore is a deplorable human being if even an ounce of what he is accused of doing is remotely true. Nothing I've seen seems to detract from his accusers (even a date being scribed on a yearbook entry after the fact).

If we all thought 2017 was crazy. Just wait for 2018 when all these congressional seats are open for re-election. We've merely breached the very tip of the tip of the iceberg on the dirt and mudslinging we'll see in the coming months.

At least people will now really look at who they are voting for in these often low percentage voter turnout races. Hopefully voters on both sides of the aisle will make it to the voting booth and not simply vote down party lines (but that is likely asking a bit much).
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2017, 01:05 PM   #392
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
22,000 absentee ballots postmarked MOSCOW!

I love the false euphoria over this one election....that means they will do the same things in 2020 that cost them in 2016.
I guess that Scott Brown win in 2010 in Mass wasnt the canary in the coal mine for dems. It was.

when one party pulls a huge surprise win it is huge.

Jones won Jeff sessions seat.

as was in 2010 when Brown won Ted Kennedy seat.

It is a huge deal.

Midterms coming in 2018 and it doesnt bode well for the Rs holding the house.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2017, 01:25 PM   #393
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
More crying? I've seen no crying.
How about whining then? Moore and Bannon have done almost as much whining about this as Hillary did last year.

But Moore, in the end, actually nailed it. He said that he lost the election because "Immorality sweeps over the land."
Old 12-14-2017, 01:38 PM   #394
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
How about whining then? Moore and Bannon have done almost as much whining about this as Hillary did last year.

But Moore, in the end, actually nailed it. He said that he lost the election because "Immorality sweeps over the land."
He was talking of us whining. Of course Moore whined, and Bannon too. They're about the only two.

That's like calling saying all Dems are whining because Hillary's whining. Instead, it's because all Dems are whining.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #395
reckless
Veteran

Quote:

If one was to read and watch the recent reporting by the popular media about the predatory sexual shenanigans of well-known players in Hollywood, in Wash DC, in the hallways of known liberal media outlets such as NBC, NPR, PBS... wouldn't you think that immorality in this country is sweeping the country?
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #396
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
voter suppression
Trump got over 1.3 million votes in Alabama in 2016. Moore got 650 thousand, about half of that. Voter suppression accounts for that?

Quote:
and whooping 92% registered democrat turn-out

Alabama doesn't require registration by party, so there are likely more Democrats in Alabama than registration shows. And there is no way to know how many of the votes for Jones came from Democrats, Republicans, or Independents.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:42 PM   #397
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
I guess that Scott Brown win in 2010 in Mass wasnt the canary in the coal mine for dems. It was.

It is a huge deal.

Allan
That's inane. Look who Massachusetts voted in right after, a liberal nutball.

There's no reason to expect Alabama won't vote in a conservative in the next election provided it's a decent candidate.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #398
burnsy
self medicated

This POS is so whining....crying for a re count. Buts here's the bigger issue, people back these shit bags on both sides simply because of their party affiliation. It just furthers my cause that both parties are complete garbage. They don't care about decency, ethics or morals. Its all a business and power grab. People actually argue over which side is a bigger piece of shit......reality, both are bad, that's why we are tanking. The so called "conservatives" back scum like this with no reservations except for a few with an actual conscience. The other side with their "crocodile tears" and the same problems. Then the fools all over the internet trying to make one misdeed worse than another, depending on what side they are on. Basically , the followers of both parties are pretty much spineless jelly fish that can't face the truth....

One of his moron spokes people actually thought it was a law to get sworn in over the Bible. Who are these fools? They don't even know the rules. Which should of been crystal clear when this idiot was trying to hump 14 year olds!

Its hard to take many of these people seriously, somehow people (followers) do. I don't know how or why. I laugh at it but am also glad...This crap is a wake up call America. Eventually, maybe people will wake up. The jerk waters you have been electing don't care about right or wrong, and i don't care which side they are on. Many of them don't give a crap about the people.....its a business, they care about the bottom line (contributions) and power. The followers are pawns in the game.

Last edited by burnsy; 12-14-2017 at 01:52 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2017, 01:52 PM   #399
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
wouldn't you think that immorality in this country is sweeping the country?
No more so than when Wee Willie Clinton was running amok in the Oval Office. Or going back to when Thomas Jefferson was making whoopee with his slaves.

"Immorality" is a part of the human condition, and men in power are either much more inclined to it and/or have much more occasion and access to act on it. And are much more likely to consider themselves above the rules.

What is sweeping the land is a exponential decrease in the ability of public figures to conceal their private activities.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:56 PM   #400
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
This POS is so whining....crying for a re count.
In Alabama, a recount is automatic if the margin is 0.5% or less. Here it was 1.5%. If it is over 0.5%, the loser can ask for and get a recount. If he pays for it.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:28 PM   #401
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
No more so than when Wee Willie Clinton was running amok in the Oval Office. Or going back to when Thomas Jefferson was making whoopee with his slaves.

"Immorality" is a part of the human condition, and men in power are either much more inclined to it and/or have much more occasion and access to act on it. And are much more likely to consider themselves above the rules.

What is sweeping the land is a exponential decrease in the ability of public figures to conceal their private activities.
All may be well and good, and even true, but you mentioned what Moore said with an accompanying emoji, implying he is crazy, which is what I replied about.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:38 PM   #402
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
All may be well and good, and even true, but you mentioned what Moore said with an accompanying emoji, implying he is crazy, which is what I replied about.
Actually, I was implying that he was hypocritical in blaming the immorality of others for his loss.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:48 PM   #403
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post

It is a huge deal.

Allan
To some extent, this was a bigger surprise than Scott Brown’s win in Massachusetts. Despite it’s reputation, Massachusetts has elected Republican governors on a reasonably regular basis. Look who’s sitting in that office today.

And the issue isn’t just this one election. The Democratic candidate has outperformed in EVERY special election since the beginning of the Trump presidency. There were lots of guffaws and “winning” posts here when Republicans won elections by 3-4 points in districts where the margin is usually 15. Those were already telling a disturbing story about Republican chances in 2018 before this race underlined it in deep red.

The party in the White House losing seats in an off year election isn’t news. It’s the norm. I’m not sure what good it does to be in denial about the signs that this could be a wave election like 2010 but I’m often confused by the heavily emotional response that a simple observation of facts brings here.

I was really surprised that my earlier noting of Trump’s unpopularirity as a factor didn’t bring a chorus of “Fake News”.

There are a lot of conservative voices here that are grounded in reality. Look early in this thread to see who WASN’T defending the odious Roy Moore. Those are folks with whom you can carry on a reasonable debate. The others are so blinded by partisanship that engagement doesn’t serve much purpose.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2017, 03:50 PM   #404
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
You call this a surprise win???

Old 12-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #405
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Actually, I was implying that he was hypocritical in blaming the immorality of others for his loss.
Gotcha, clock. Yes, Moore is being hypocritical (and he is crazy) which is why he didn't have many sympathisers when the GOP establishment and media elites did the job on him.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: