Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-15-2019, 10:16 PM   #1
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

R7 Saratoga: OC$80Kb 8/16/19

Interesting race paying nearly $100K that attracts some solid horses.

Up the Ante: Can you cross off the last? Maybe. The last time this lightly raced 4YO finished off the board, he rolled similar company at Belmont last May. Deserves needed attention, and has ran well here before. An obvious contender.

Lunaire: Near dream trip in his last, can he back it up against these? Looks to be a 'filler' for verticals, and cannot back on top.

Aquaphobia: Fresh off a bullet work here. 4/1 ML is probably the right price. 7/24 race here wasn't bad. Needed that one off the 5 month rest. Dangerous.

Multiplier: Simply put, this horse should be better than what he is. Can't see him in the EX, but throw on the bottom of a TRI. He'll run 3rd or 4th because that is what he does.

Maraud: A fringe player that is 4 for 8 at this very distance and 2 for 3 in the EX at Toga. Still don't think he is good enough in here.

Harlan's Harmony: Tough horse to figure. Had some trouble last out, and is in form outside of that one. Could be as good as any at a near double digit price. A must watch on the tote.

Zapperini: Servis/Irad and Blinks on. This horse is gonna get bet. I'm gonna beat this one and put in the 3 hole at best. It is what he does.

Majestic Affair: (MTO): If off the turf, this will be your single.

SUMMARY: Hitting the ALL button in this one is logical. looks to stand out, but will get hammered. for an EX?
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2019, 10:58 PM   #2
jimmyb

Going with the at a price. Won it's lone turf race. Not a Dylan Davis fan though. Using the Ortiz brothers to fill out the ex and tri.

If it goes to the main the covers all my bases.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2019, 12:39 AM   #3
fastfasterfastest

Gotta feeling the is sitting on a big race. Has shown speed before and with the blinkers added, should sit a good trip tracking the , who figures to be sent hard from the rail.
fastfasterfastest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2019, 12:50 AM   #4
GMB@BP

just bet it, dont hanidcap it
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2019, 02:21 AM   #5
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
just bet it, dont hanidcap it
Ooop's I handicaped, and I agree.

Looks the best and played with the .

But I might be confused here, because this is a turf race without a Chad Brown runner in it, and that is strange.

jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #6
Robert Fischer
clean money

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Interesting race paying nearly $100K that attracts some solid horses.
These have been fun to 'cap, and been pretty good betting races as well.

R7 (Turf only)

THE A'S
Up the Ante: Classy, and a favorable pace scenario.

Multiplier: Although he may be somewhat subject to the pace dynamics, I expect to see some life today. License to be relatively forward today, and may show some middle-move 'surge'.

THE B'S

Harlan's Harmony: While a horse like the comes off the most obvious of trip-interpretations, this guy should get a much better setup today than last race. Caught in no-man's land last time after the wide start from the chute. You're stuck here 'hoping' that Davis is mildly aggressive today to establish the more forwardly position that is both favorable and that his l̶i̶n̶e̶-̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶-̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ form suggests could be preferential. Could go off longest of all. Isn't a terrible horse and could get a piece. Really would need the 'A's to no-show to win, but a nice exotics add.

THE C'S

Zapperini: This guy's recent form is not competitive. Even some of his better looking past performances have holes to debate. However, the trainer is a class act, and if you look up and see this co/2nd-choice in multis, or something, then you have to respect it. Any horse can wake up under the tutelage of a good trainer (If he's 4/1, I wouldn't consider that 'steam', as he could take some money from the gravitational pull. But, if he's 5/2 re-assess the battle tactics).

OTHERS
Lunaire: Non(win)-Contender Comes off a dream trip, but literally no one is fooled. Co-long-shot ml. Possible that Castellano takes enough money to be off just 2nd-longest... Potential value in something like a 'key' exactly 4th. No need to follow the crowd(assuming he takes no money) and completely exclude a last out winner.

Aquaphobia: I'm a fan of the ownership group Drawing Away Stable. I think this guy draws tough today. Hopes to ride the pace setup wave and not be passed late.

Maraud: Struggles with footwork limit the chances to contend for a win. Like everyone else in here, cannot eliminate from minor awards w/ confidence.

Summary: Race looks a bit chalky, but the boar deserves a look. Hoping I can get by with only the , perhaps can get the to win and/or the in the Trifecta. For a dime I'll use the horse you're 'supposed to' throw away exactly 4th.

Good morning, Good luck
Old 08-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #7
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

I'm following orders and betting on the Zapperini.

Early scratches are out and none for races 6 or 7 yet. I say yet because there are boomers in the area.

Last edited by Redboard; 08-16-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2019, 11:37 AM   #8
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
I'm following orders and betting on the Zapperini.

Early scratches are out and none for races 6 or 7 yet. I say yet because there are boomers in the area.
I would say that not having a Chad Brown runner in here has you a little confused also. the is Zapperini.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2019, 03:36 PM   #9
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
I would say that not having a Chad Brown runner in here has you a little confused also. the is Zapperini.
I was never very good at following orders anyway, so I'm betting on Chad's Brown horse. We'll never get these odds on his horse on turf again. Infinity to one. I know he doesnt have one entered and I know it's a long shot that one will get loose from his barn, cross Union Avenue, jump the rail and win the race but at these odds.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2019, 04:18 PM   #10
Afleet

what was the jockey on the doing? Checked down the front stretch and a big check on the turn. Why?
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2019, 04:24 PM   #11
Robert Fischer
clean money

Credit Ortiz/Pletcher there for good tactics with the .