Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-01-2010, 06:15 AM   #1
lamboguy

precious passion

another fine job by mary hartman yesterday capturing the mac diarmeda stakes at gulfstream. he had no pace pressure what soever in this 1 3/8 turf event. he certainly runs fast fractions in the beginning of the race and has enough in reserve to hold them off down the lane. mary has certainly done it her way with this guy and it has worked. he will be back again this year for the international and arlington million and again he will be tough as nails.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
andymays
Veteran

If You Don’t Like Presious Passion, Then You Don’t Like Horse Racing

http://zipseatthetrack.blogspot.com/...sion-then.html

Excerpt:

He did it again. That seven year old gelding from modest beginnings, Presious Passion was back at the races and showing his speed, class, and heart once again to easily wire the field in today’s feature at Gulfstream Park. The Grade 2 Mac Diarmida Stakes was the backdrop for another Presious Passion show. As per usual, he sprinted out to a sizeable advantage, and led his competition on a merry chase. He gives the other horses a little hope as they chip away at his lead on the backstretch and the far turn. Generally this is false hope, and so it was today. When Presious Passion turned for home, jockey Elvis Trujillo knew he had a ton of horse to sprint away from his challengers. The classy turfer Winchester, in receipt of six pounds from the star of the show, gave it his all down the Gulfstream stretch, but never had a chance to catch Passion.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 08:43 AM   #3
gm10

That horse only wins when there is no proper grade 1 horse in the race.
No offense to connections of a good horse, but he is the weakest of grade 1 horses if even that.
gm10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
Brogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm10
That horse only wins when there is no proper grade 1 horse in the race.
No offense to connections of a good horse, but he is the weakest of grade 1 horses if even that.
The horse that finished 2nd in the BC Turf last year...that horse is the weakest of G1 horses?

Might wanna rethink that statement big guy.
Brogan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
miesque

I have been a fan of Presious Passion for some time (from way back when he still kept going off at juicy odds), he is so much fun to watch run and he is game he is with his finishes. I hope we have many more exiciting races to look forward to from him. He does have a definite achiles heel in yielding/soft turf but if its firm and fast, Presious Passion is going to keep it interesting til the end.
miesque is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogan
The horse that finished 2nd in the BC Turf last year...that horse is the weakest of G1 horses?

Did you see the field for the 2009 BC Turf.

It was Telling.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
miesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
another fine job by mary hartman yesterday capturing the mac diarmeda stakes at gulfstream. he had no pace pressure what soever in this 1 3/8 turf event. he certainly runs fast fractions in the beginning of the race and has enough in reserve to hold them off down the lane. mary has certainly done it her way with this guy and it has worked. he will be back again this year for the international and arlington million and again he will be tough as nails.
I selfishly really hope they do bring Presious Passion back for the Arlington Million as it will give me yet another opportunity to see him again run in person. Last year there was unfortunately some wet weather which made the course not to his liking but with a firm course he would be very tough to beat in the Million.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #8
point given

Quote:
Originally Posted by miesque
I have been a fan of Presious Passion for some time (from way back when he still kept going off at juicy odds), he is so much fun to watch run and he is game his finishes. I hope we have many more exiciting races to look forward to from him. He does have a definite achiles heel in yielding/soft turf but if its firm and fast, Presious Passion is going to keep it interesting til the end.
This is the same turf course wherethe daybefore the turf race was rained off and put on thedirt when it got too dangerous and the jocks refused to ride ?
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #9
gm10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogan

I'm a big fan of Conduit but the way he beat PP was disappointing.
Look at what PP beats in his wins. They are always the almost-G1's.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #10
lamboguy

Quote:
i wish they gave me the authority to delete my own thread. i am sorry i started this one.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #11
miesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by point given
This is the same turf course wherethe daybefore the turf race was rained off and put on thedirt when it got too dangerous and the jocks refused to ride ?

The turf was officially listed as "good" for the Mac Diamarda, not yielding or soft and in fact the trainer was quoted a few days prior to the race as saying if the course was that way that he would be scratched.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #12
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
What if Godolphin owned Presious Passion?

I don't think anyone is confusing him for an all time great. But he's pretty good and a fun horse to watch.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #13
sandpit

Quote:
i wish they gave me the authority to delete my own thread. i am sorry i started this one.
Gotta be at least considered for post of the month...seriously, PP is one of those charismatic horses that makes racing fun to watch, much like Fourstardave at Saratoga or Lost in the Fog with his off-center blaze.
sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #14
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpit
Gotta be at least considered for post of the month...seriously, PP is one of those charismatic horses that makes racing fun to watch, much like Fourstardave at Saratoga or Lost in the Fog with his off-center blaze.
i love the horse, what a game son of a gun he is. i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Old 03-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
gm10

Quote:
Sorry don't want ruin the party, but just look at his victories:

28 Feb 2010: beats Winchester and Feels All Right
-> Combined number of G1 wins since Jan 09: 0

11 Oct 2009: beats Medici Code and Spring House

4 Jul 2009: beats Lauro and Brass Hat

13 Jun 2009: beats Banrock and Proudinsky

21 Feb Feb 2009: beats Quasicobra and Spice Route

Total number of G1 wins by his closest competitors since Jan 09: 0.

Last edited by gm10; 03-01-2010 at 03:40 PM.