Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-22-2022, 03:24 PM   #1
Cutter14

Monmouth 3rd race dq

It may be sour grapes on my part but I was dq'ed out of a double--IMO the 7 horse was going nowhere(jock already went to whip and to me he looked like he was finished)--Moved my horse(the 6) down to 3rd--oh well
Cutter14 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2022, 04:50 PM   #2
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter14 View Post
It may be sour grapes on my part but I was dq'ed out of a double--IMO the 7 horse was going nowhere(jock already went to whip and to me he looked like he was finished)--Moved my horse(the 6) down to 3rd--oh well
If you can post the head on and pan. I'd be happy to take a look.
Old 08-22-2022, 11:00 PM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
If you can post the head on and pan. I'd be happy to take a look.
Monmouth posts the races on their Youtube channel and usually DQs show the head on too:

But most tracks don't. So why not fire up your ADW or RTN in the future instead of making this same request every time. Don't be that guy.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2022, 06:56 AM   #4
alhattab

Quote:
I cashed because of the DQ. Thought it was questionable. Jock on 7 took the horse up. I was with a few other guys who thought it was legit.

Side note regarding that race:
https://paulickreport.com/news/peopl...phase-of-life/
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2022, 07:40 AM   #5
westernmassbob

Quote:
6 horse horse cut over and cost 7 horse a placing. 7 horse never stopped riding and closed in the stretch. Not even a close call. DQ valid.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2022, 10:32 AM   #6
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Monmouth posts the races on their Youtube channel and usually DQs show the head on too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuvzx6HGITk

But most tracks don't. So why not fire up your ADW or RTN in the future instead of making this same request every time. Don't be that guy.
Why do you care what I request?
Old 08-23-2022, 10:46 AM   #7
v j stauffer

Quote:
That's the kind of DQ that stings the most.

Was it correct to take down and place him 3rd?

Yes. The Stewards hands were tied. Even after taking up very sharply he was able to re-rally. Definitely cost an opportunity at a better placing.

However, in this case it all lays on the shoulders of the jock on

A careless and over zealous ride cost the bettors who VERY CORRECTLY identified the best horse as well as the owners who miss out on 1st purse money.

He didn't even correct after sawing off the and actually, put the in a bit tight too nearing the wire.

I've been telling riders for decades. There's NEVER, EVER been a jock taken down that went straight.

Gross beat if you needed the
Old 08-23-2022, 11:13 AM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Why do you care what I request?
Because most people aren't going to be able to do that and I know you have the resources.
Old 08-23-2022, 01:40 PM   #9
BarchCapper

Quote:
M
We do occasionally run into situations here where people do wind up looking at the wrong race because the OP wasn't clear with the details (especially if someone's catching up on threads a day or so later). It's probably good for all of us to think about putting all relevant info: i.e. date, along with the track and race # in the subject line of threads like this.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2022, 02:06 PM   #10
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
We do occasionally run into situations here where people do wind up looking at the wrong race because the OP wasn't clear with the details (especially if someone's catching up on threads a day or so later). It's probably good for all of us to think about putting all relevant info: i.e. date, along with the track and race # in the subject line of threads like this.
Agree, but that is a different story than posting the head on. Nearly all of those aren't available to post on a board like PA unless you know how to jump through several hoops.
Old 08-23-2022, 03:29 PM   #11
BarchCapper

Quote:
Agree, but that is a different story than posting the head on. Nearly all of those aren't available to post on a board like PA unless you know how to jump through several hoops.
I’m taking it as a related point, rather than totally different. If date, track, race # are clearly stated up front, Vic or any of us can quickly look it up ADW/RTN. If reviewed/analyzed/commented on and we come across that post, we again have the ability to quickly look it up ourselves.

The desire to have the videos posted in the thread? There are a good number of people who post graphical/video things here that I can’t necessarily figure out how to post in the same way myself. So I’d also have to claim ignorance as to posting replay videos being extremely difficult/nigh impossible (now I know, thanks to you ). If they HAD been able to be posted (and if by OP it SHOULD be from the correct race they’re asking about), it then becomes a much more “all in one place” teachable event when coupled with an experienced steward’s written commentary. So the desire isn’t necessarily a misguided one.
Old 08-24-2022, 11:09 AM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:
That's the kind of DQ that stings the most.

Was it correct to take down and place him 3rd?

Yes. The Stewards hands were tied. Even after taking up very sharply he was able to re-rally. Definitely cost an opportunity at a better placing.

However, in this case it all lays on the shoulders of the jock on

A careless and over zealous ride cost the bettors who VERY CORRECTLY identified the best horse as well as the owners who miss out on 1st purse money.

He didn't even correct after sawing off the and actually, put the in a bit tight too nearing the wire.

I've been telling riders for decades. There's NEVER, EVER been a jock taken down that went straight.

Gross beat if you needed the

Nothing here to argue with.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2022, 12:43 PM   #13
BarchCapper

Quote:

Although there may have been a couple taken down for accidentally striking another horse with the crop while using it to keep their own mount straight! (Things can go wrong SO many ways in racing - so glad when they all go right!)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: