Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #136
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Thumbs down BEEN BOOTED AGAIN

YES I HAVE BEEN BOOTED FRON EVANGELINE DOWNS

They no longer have truck and tractor trailer parking , call them at 337-594-3000 and ask for yourself.

What is it with Louisiana Racetracks, now I was told we worked the issue out at Delta Downs, but this is new rules at EVD, why??

Do people not know that this country will stop dead in it's tracks if we, the truckers of America, stop rolling, how do you think you get the stuff you use each and every day, it comes from us, the trucks, we bring it to you. But enough with the whining, let's move on, where to next along I-10 headed to Jacksonville, for tommorrow, maybe, as I might as well drive today, even with all the Derby races going today, 750 miles is a few mikes, and I might as well knock a few out today, make tommorrow an easy day.

Well more to come later, just thought I would mention this , to me, an injustice, as the new parking lots have all been recently painted and no truck spaces are there.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #137
facorsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver
Do people not know that this country will stop dead in it's tracks if we, the truckers of America, stop rolling, how do you think you get the stuff you use each and every day, it comes from us, the trucks, we bring it to you.
Possibly, America knows that if we allow truck drivers to park in race track lots, America will stop rolling and come to a standstill because all of the truck drivers will follow their hunches and seek buffet lunches.
facorsig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #138
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by facorsig
Possibly, America knows that if we allow truck drivers to park in race track lots, America will stop rolling and come to a standstill because all of the truck drivers will follow their hunches and seek buffet lunches.

Sad but maybe true.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #139
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I think more like it is that most people who run race tracks are pretty stupid people.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #140
juanepstein
devo-lutionizing

hey pktruckdriver hope everything is doing well for you.

keep doing those walks brotha.
juanepstein is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #141
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

An update , I am in Pompano Beach , Florida, at the State Farmers Market, not too manys trips out of here, so most likely I will get a no-paying trip to get me back to civilazation, maybe Atlanta or so, maybe Jacksonville, or SC.

It seems that Horse playing days are going to be limited for awhille, with any attempt at building a Bank for Derby Day leaves me with only about 24 days to build one.

Nothing like a Derby Superfecta to start off the New Year, or Mid Year at least, and if I am stuck here for a few days, here is what I may go do......

http://www.fishheadquarters.com/drift-fishing.html

I can always catch me lunch this way, or have fun trying.

Patrick
Old 04-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #142
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Weekend update

After going down to South Florida, I went back to Indianapolis, but am now headed to Hunt Valley, somewhere NW of Baltimore,Md.

Anyone know anything about that area, , I may show up there tommorrow afternoon or so,that gives me all day sunday to do something.

Gotta go

Patrick
Old 04-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #143
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

If you make it into Hunt Valley by Saturday afternoon, you'll be equi-distance from Penn National and Charles Town - both are about an 1.5 hour drive from Hunt Valley. Personally I'd recommend you check out Charles Town. You'll also drive right by the Maryland State Fairgrounds, which is about 5 miles or so from Hunt Valley. Fasig-Tipton holds a yearling and two-yr-old in-training sale at the fairgrounds each yr. But this time of yr, I don't think there's anything going on.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2009, 08:31 AM   #144
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Thanks Mike

I may try to get to Charles Town, and if not then maybe the MD. State Fairgrounds as a backup plan.

Again thank you for the options, as I am stiil IN Indiana , so I need to do some driving this morning, only got about 500-600 miles or so to drive this weekend, not too much, which means not too much pay either, but that is another story.

Well Take Care
Good luck to all

Patrick
Old 04-13-2009, 07:53 PM   #145
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

ECONOMY FINALLY GOT ME, OR A CHEAP AZZ COMPUTER

gentlemen and Ladies too

Updating my situation, about a third of my keyboard is missing, the screen is falling off the hinges, actually it already has.

I may be able to wing for a bit but very very soon the screen will rip completly out with all the wires going with it. And I will be without a computer and thus the updates will be no more for awhile, yes the ECONOMY has fiinally gotten me good.

Y'all know of my recent lay-off, well the new job I got does not even come close to paying my bills, about 15% of what I need to survive, so 500 for a new or used computer will not be available anytime soon, and that is okay I guess, I may have withdrawls for a few days but hopefully I will get over it.

But the most saddest part in all this is that I will not be able to PLAY THE KY. DERBY THIS YEAR, YEP, THE DERBY HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY DREAM TO HIT THE BIG PAYOUT AND EACH YEAR BIG PAYOUT'S COME ALONG, LAST YEAR THE SUPERFECTA WAS 58,000 WITH BB ON TOP, MAN THAT TO ME IS BIG TIME MONEY, HECK this year seems to be shaping up for a possible huge exacta and trifecta, maybe 2-3k for exacta and 5k or more for the tri, to me a dirt poor truck driver that is a lot of money, I KNOW THIS SOUNDS WHITE TRASHY AND MAYBE IT IS, BUT this dream has been my dream for years now, and yes many people tell me to give up on it, but ask yourself , in my shoes would you, HECK NO, why should I, but this YEAR I will have no Bankroll to play, yep after making 150,000 gross last year, I had about 140,000 in bills to show the IRS, leaving me a measly 10k for me to enjoy, WOW, not much.

Now I making progress with my program ,HSH and working with Dave has had it's up and downs, trust me, but HE WAS ALWAYS THERE, even when I got kinda crazy, wodering if I would ever learn that program, and the fellow users too, without them I never would have , they all were great, even if I got a little wierd now and again, many thanks to all of them.

Now I may be able to use a computer once in awhile and hope I can save the new H6 on my back up thingy and may be able to use it that way for awhile, but not too often, maybe when I check into a motel with a business center for us to use I can check emails and such, maybe even get into H6 too, at leasst download from HDW my data if I can keep paying the bills for it, and I should be able to, as it too is reasonable enough, and Ron is the best guy to work with , many thanks Ron.

I do have learning materila to learn from and few books still to re-read, amd just got the dozen Dick Mitchell videos and still have 18 or HSH videos to watch also, so maybe a small dvd player for about 59-99.00 might work for now, i should be able to get that i a week or so I guess.

All you guys helped me in one way or another and I do not want to let you guys down, as I told each one of you that I will make it doing this and I meant every word of it, I really did, even though all is stacked against me I will not quit this journey to handicapping success, as I know I am on my way there, just this last year I have made tremendous strides forward, y'all know this , you have seen and watched my progress, and my whinning and bitching and postings, some of you got fed up with me others just took it in stride, but all of you have helped me and thank you for that, I WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN, NO WAY

THANK YOU ALL
GOOD LUCK
MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ALL, AND ALWAYS WILL BE

PATRICK
Old 04-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #146
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

These are pictures from my phone before the computer dies on me.

This post has been really fun to write, hope y'all enjoyed it too, by the way I am in Baltimore tonight, maybe headed to Agusta tomorrrow,???

Take care all

http://by104w.bay104.mail.live.com/a...B8AB0D007B590|

http://by104w.bay104.mail.live.com/a...B8AAFEA0F5570|

Patrick

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 04-13-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #147
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

You can follow me on twitter

pktruckdriver

see ya

till I get a new computer

Patrick
Old 04-13-2009, 09:58 PM   #148
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Damn Patrick...what did you do to your laptop to cause it to fall apart on you like that? This place isn't going to be the same without you!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #149
pic6vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Damn Patrick...what did you do to your laptop to cause it to fall apart on you like that? This place isn't going to be the same without you!

PA

Why don't we do something for one of our own. maybe a little donation from everyone. If you would be so kind as to organize, we should be able to raise enough for a new computer for Patrick.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #150
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pic6vic
PA

Why don't we do something for one of our own. maybe a little donation from everyone. If you would be so kind as to organize, we should be able to raise enough for a new computer for Patrick.

Dont know if it is possible or the logistics of it, PA, but I would be more than happy to chip in.....
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply