Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-16-2017, 04:55 PM   #46
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Nicely played!
Old 09-18-2017, 09:20 AM   #47
burnsy
self medicated

Here's some truth for the "Politicos" to chew on.
Or a better word may be "Sheep"

The only argument I have is, "All of those Fck's are lying."

Who really gives a Shit, what Jemele Hill says.....

Last edited by burnsy; 09-18-2017 at 09:31 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 10:13 AM   #48
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post

Who really gives a Shit, what Jemele Hill says.....
Nobody -- if ESPN did not fire people for having an opposing political point of view.

Let's not forget that ESPN would not allow an American (of Korean origin) to do his job because his last name was the same of a confederate general.

My outrage is with ESPN, not with Jamele Hill for exercising her free speech.

And ESPN for having the chutzpah to say that her words do not reflect the opinions of ESPN WHEN THEY CERTAINLY DO!
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 10:38 AM   #49
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
Nobody -- if ESPN did not fire people for having an opposing political point of view.

Let's not forget that ESPN would not allow an American (of Korean origin) to do his job because his last name was the same of a confederate general.

And ESPN for having the chutzpah to say that her words do not reflect the opinions of ESPN WHEN THEY CERTAINLY DO!
Exactly. The outrage is that ESPN has and continues to silence the 10% of employees who are conservative while condoning the actions of the 90% liberal/progressive employees. Then to lie and say they aren't taking a position is the truly astounding part. That is essentially calling their listeners stupid. They'd get more respect if they simply owned it.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 11:47 AM   #50
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Exactly. The outrage is that ESPN has and continues to silence the 10% of employees who are conservative while condoning the actions of the 90% liberal/progressive employees. Then to lie and say they aren't taking a position is the truly astounding part. That is essentially calling their listeners stupid. They'd get more respect if they simply owned it.
That is the 100% truth. The liberal political spewing on TV is nothing compared to their radio shows and radio game coverage. Their crap never ceases to amaze me. Espn radio local coverage of a D-2 football game they are interviewing the university president on the pre game show. The jackass goes on for 5 minutes about global warming in his interview while he makes no mention about football or any other sport.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 11:53 AM   #51
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post

Yeah, but I guess you did not watch the video I posted either. THATS WHAT THEY ALL DO! Watch the video. These ass hats don't get that job unless they portray the part required by their masters.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that "Fair and Balanced" (FOX) is a bunch of BS. Or that MSNBC and CNN are shoveling an agenda. People recite this crap like its the truth from both sides. A good portion of the arguments in these "Off topic" "political" threads is moronic. Does it really matter?

Maybe I over estimate the "smarts" of the American people. Maybe it does take a rocket scientist to figure out that its all a bunch of crap they argue over while nothing really ever changes.

If you don't have the same so called "outrage" for ESPN, MSNBC, Fox News, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC and all the rest of them.......you are pretty much just another "Shill" (The Sheeple) . Its hilarious just to read half of this crap........I rarely comment on it. But c'mon, give me one that's not biased and I might listen to some of you brain trusts on here. I'm glad you all bet horses......because if you can't figure this out, it says something about your "thinking skills".

If one has to defend a side "liberals" vs "conservatives" and all the other crap that comes with it.......I don't have time or energy for the stupidity of it all. If one can't figure it out on their own..The ruse of it....they are just "lost" in the "flock", "the Sheeple"

Last edited by burnsy; 09-18-2017 at 12:04 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 12:10 PM   #52
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Yeah, but I guess you did not watch the video I posted either. THATS WHAT THEY ALL DO! Watch the video. These ass hats don't get that job unless they portray the part required by their masters.

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that "Fair and Balanced" (FOX) is a bunch of BS. Or that MSNBC and CNN are shoveling an agenda. People recite this crap like its the truth from both sides. A good portion of the arguments in these "Off topic" "political" threads is moronic. Does it really matter?

Maybe I over estimate the "smarts" of the American people. Maybe it does take a rocket scientist to figure out that its all a bunch of crap they argue over while nothing really ever changes.

If you don't have the same so called "outrage" for ESPN, MSNBC, Fox News, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC and all the rest of them.......you are pretty much just another "Shill" (The Sheeple) . Its hilarious just to read half of this crap........I rarely comment on it. But c'mon, give me one that's not biased and I might listen to some of you brain trusts on here. I'm glad you all bet horses......because if you can't figure this out, it says something about your "thinking skills".

If one has to defend a side "liberals" vs "conservatives" and all the other crap that comes with it.......I don't have time or energy for the stupidity of it all. If one can't figure it out on their own..The ruse of it....they are just "lost" in the "flock", "the Sheeple"
You miss the mark wide left. We aren't talking about news networks. We are talking about a sports network. The fact that you equated ESPN to the other alphabet soup news networks speaks volumes about how invasive "news" is at a sports network. The "outrage" is that a sports network is so politically slanted that people have a hard time separating them from MSNBC and CNN. They are pissing off 50% of their viewers and don't seem to care. Oh well.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:30 PM   #53
Marshall Bennett

Also, networks that report news they know isn't true need public scrutiny. Networks that televise sports shouldn't use air time to dabble in politics. Both are unethical and deserve being ridiculed in an open forum.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 02:07 AM   #54
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
You are missing the point. ESPN covers SPORTS. At the same time they heavily interject politics into their coverage. LIBERAL views only, to the extreme it is laughable. The last 3 years they gave their ESPN courage award to a lesbian, a gay man, and a he-she. WTF is that? They encourage liberal spewing on air, yet if someone speaks from the right they are suspended or fired even if they do it off the air on their own time. No one is more biased than ESPN, screw them, I will laugh the day they go out of business. Almost as hard as I laughed at the crying Hillary supporters on election night.
Ultimately, that is the best recourse if you don't like it. Stay away from the product. If enough people do that, the advertisers leave and changes are made. A few years back, I thought the Duck Dynasty guy should be fired. He was for a little while, but ultimately the public spoke and he got his job back. I think that they did eventually go off the air?

I think that you may be missing the point. The person is employed by ESPN, but made the remark - a stupid remark by the way - on her private Twitter account. You have already indicated your disdain for gay people in your posts on this board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...32#post2208632) so it makes sense that you would not like them getting the courage award. My guess is that the reason that they got is because they have to go through live dealing with people like you who dislike them.

ESPN probably is liberal because they are covering sports where many of the participants are people of color, or members of other protected groups. Sports are more than a microcosm of society, they are extremely diverse and inclusive; much more so than society in general. If someone who works there is not aligned to equity, diversity, and inclusion then perhaps management has decided that they would be better off working elsewhere or in another field. So yea, they are very biased, and apparently very unapologetically so.

On the bright side, the hag isn't president and I have been reading that this is what is really important to conservatives.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:07 AM   #55
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
You have already indicated your disdain for gay people in your posts on this board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...32#post2208632) so it makes sense that you would not like them getting the courage award. My guess is that the reason that they got is because they have to go through live dealing with people like you who dislike them.
I love how liberals make projections, just because I don't want to watch two dudes make out doesn't mean I have open disdain for them. I love animals, but I don't want to watch them have sex either. The flaming gay types that bother me would have no idea I am bothered by them. I would just quietly leave where ever they were at. Newsflash, your average gay person doesn't like the over the top stick out like a sore thumb flamer either.

I had a gay female couple who were my track going buddies for years. I met plenty of their gay friends, none of them liked the Liberace types either. They didn't fly rainbow flags, didn't march in gay parades, or try to act and appear a different sex than they were.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:15 AM   #56
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I love how liberals make projections, just because I don't want to watch two dudes make out doesn't mean I have open disdain for them. I love animals, but I don't want to watch them have sex either. The flaming gay types that bother me would have no idea I am bothered by them. I would just quietly leave where ever they were at. Newsflash, your average gay person doesn't like the over the top stick out like a sore thumb flamer either.

I had a gay female couple who were my track going buddies for years. I met plenty of their gay friends, none of them liked the Liberace types either. They didn't fly rainbow flags, didn't march in gay parades, or try to act and appear a different sex than they were.
Its the gay ACTIVISTS who get all the media attention. I agree with everything you said.

Why is it in bad taste for a married couple to discuss their sex lives, but if you don't want to hear homosexuals do it, you are a homophobe?
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 09:15 AM   #57
BaffertsWig

How to spot a homophobe 101:

Quote:
I'm not homophobic, I have gay friends!!!
You can swap homophobe for racist and black for gay, same thing.

Last edited by BaffertsWig; 09-19-2017 at 09:17 AM.
BaffertsWig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 09:22 AM   #58
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaffertsWig View Post

You're gonna run out of paint with a brush that wide.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:38 AM   #59
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaffertsWig View Post

I am a homophobe by definition never claimed not to be. I am not ashamed of it either. It was how I was born. Isn't that funny, if you are born gay the liberals celebrate you like you are a hero, if you are born uncomfortable with gay behavior you are evil in the eyes of a liberal. I am a closeted homophobe a stranger to me has no idea how I feel, I am harming no one.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #60
dkithore

Let me assure you, she does not speak for black (African American) people who by and large are very decent and sensitive about talking trash about any human being. I say with confidence as I have worked with them in civil rights movement of 60's.

Did you notice that none of the Rev. Kings family members have talked trash about our president. This lady is an opportunist and wannabe. She seeks name and fame by trashing a good man. Being a black woman playing the race card apparently makes her untouchable. She can throw rocks (guilt)at white people and feel smug. Natural justice will catch up. Do not worry.

I make an observation: Pres. Trumps opponents have seen the dust, one by one. All these detractors will ultimately make him more resolved to make America great. That is my fervent hope. All lives matter.
dkithore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply