Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-09-2017, 10:16 PM   #46
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I don't know how anyone could have played that card today. Short fields and high takeout...hard pass.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2017, 10:20 PM   #47
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I don't know how anyone could have played that card today. Short fields and high takeout...hard pass.
I'm a little bored not betting but glad I didn't. If I played anything it would be K. Downs or Belmont. Maybe next week or the week after.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2017, 11:37 PM   #48
GMB@BP

Quote:
we will see what the fall offers (not encouraged), the dirt races at Belmont averaged 5.8 starters, and lets be real here, Belmont fall should never be compared to Los Alamitos.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2017, 12:13 AM   #49
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
we will see what the fall offers (not encouraged), the dirt races at Belmont averaged 5.8 starters, and lets be real here, Belmont fall should never be compared to Los Alamitos.

Well yeah, but they ran several turf races. They are dependent on dirt. That is all you have at Los Al and it is not good at all.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:29 AM   #50
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

I love the Kentucky Downs Venue...the racing there is great...I wish California could come up with something just as good...

One of my favorite sayings that I love to quote is...

"If the god had not made light-coloured honey, I should have said that a fig was far sweeter."--Xenophanes
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2017, 11:01 AM   #51
Al Gobbi

Quote:
Well yeah, but they ran several turf races. They are dependent on dirt. That is all you have at Los Al and it is not good at all.
Regardless of venue, dirt racing is terrible thesedays.
Al Gobbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2017, 12:28 PM   #52
GMB@BP

Quote:

They shouldnt even be running this week, should be an off week. Its actually kinda stupid, no one cares or wants to be there. If a good horse shows up there I actually take it as a negative (see that baffert horse yesterday).

Belmont fall is actually supposed to be important racing that should be doing better than that on dirt at least.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:09 PM   #53
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
They shouldnt even be running this week, should be an off week. Its actually kinda stupid, no one cares or wants to be there. If a good horse shows up there I actually take it as a negative (see that baffert horse yesterday).

Belmont fall is actually supposed to be important racing that should be doing better than that on dirt at least.
I agree, SoCal racing would be way better off taking a few weeks off. But the horsemen won't have it. That is why they run.

Obviously Belmont is sabotaged by Saratoga the first few weeks. It isn't going to help that 98% of the top horses seem to be "training up to" the Breeders' Cup.

But I agree, dirt racing seems like the red headed step child these days everywhere. It is tougher on the horses than turf racing and with all the race day meds in addition I think the horses have a really tough time recovering. I don't know what the answer is. Whatever they are doing at Oaklawn, others should maybe try that.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #54
GMB@BP

Quote:
I agree, SoCal racing would be way better off taking a few weeks off. But the horsemen won't have it. That is why they run.

Obviously Belmont is sabotaged by Saratoga the first few weeks. It isn't going to help that 98% of the top horses seem to be "training up to" the Breeders' Cup.

But I agree, dirt racing seems like the red headed step child these days everywhere. It is tougher on the horses than turf racing and with all the race day meds in addition I think the horses have a really tough time recovering. I don't know what the answer is. Whatever they are doing at Oaklawn, others should maybe try that.
God this meet is 3 weeks long, i thought it was just a week.

Gonna be a lot of football during september as there is no where to bet.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:20 PM   #55
ronsmac

Unlike most tracks where 6f is the most common sprint, it appears 5 1/2 f is the sprint distance of choice at Los Al.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #56
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
Unlike most tracks where 6f is the most common sprint, it appears 5 1/2 f is the sprint distance of choice at Los Al.
That actually happens at a lot of tracks these days. 6f is the new 7f race....extended sprint.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:44 PM   #57
betovernetcapper

I won't knowing hire a whore with an STD & I won't play Kee Or Los Al. Actually forced to chose, I think I'd go for the sick whore.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2017, 01:42 AM   #58
dilanesp

Quote:

The answer is the thing you guys hate. Synthetics.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2017, 08:27 AM   #59
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
The answer is the thing you guys hate. Synthetics.
Doing just fine at Oaklawn with dirt, and they get a lot more bad weather than SoCal.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:01 PM   #60
Al Gobbi

Only 47 entries for eight races Friday at Los Al before scratches.
Al Gobbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply