Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 05-21-2017, 11:04 PM   #1
TheOracle

Examining both sides of the streak @BEL -- a look at the Morning Line Favorites!!!

I am listing some streaks that I have been following at Belmont to see if they would either continue to make profits or start to make profits

Some streaks have not made any profits due to not having any wins or a low number of wins for a particular situation

Since May 4th the Morning Lines ending in 5 have gone 0 for their last 7 in Claiming races on the Dirt at Belmont

Prior to May 4th, going back to all of 2016 at Belmont, the Morning Lines ending in 5 were winning at a rate of 41% in Claiming races on the Dirt.

Fast forward to this year and they are currently 1 for their last 9 in Claiming races on the Dirt

Currently they have lost 7 in a row since May 5th.

I am hoping they return to a win rate of at least 35% with some nice win streaks in between hopefully yielding close to a 20% return in the process

I will keep a watchful eye on this situation
TheOracle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 11:10 PM   #2
TheOracle

Since May 1st 2016, the Morning Lines ending in 5 have won 13 of their last 20 Stakes races on the Turf at Belmont

Per $2 win wager you are getting a 31% return on your money, in addition, 17 of the last 20 have finished no worse than 2nd

This is one of the trends that is yielding a positive return so far and my hope is that the trend continues a few more times before going cold!!!
Old 05-21-2017, 11:25 PM   #3
TheOracle

Since June 18 2016, the Morning Line 2/1's on the Turf going less than 1 Mile at Belmont have won 17 of their last 29 races

You are getting a 41% return on your money per $2 win wager

In addition, 24 of the 29 have finished no worse than 2nd

I am keeping a very close eye on this situation and hopefully there will be a few more wins coming before the trend goes cold!!!
Old 05-22-2017, 09:54 AM   #4
TheOracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
Since May 1st 2016, the Morning Lines ending in 5 have won 13 of their last 20 Stakes races on the Turf at Belmont

Per $2 win wager you are getting a 31% return on your money, in addition, 17 of the last 20 have finished no worse than 2nd

This is one of the trends that is yielding a positive return so far and my hope is that the trend continues a few more times before going cold!!!

This streak has been going on for at least a year

I'm hoping it will continue to perform well and yield profitable returns even if there's a dip in the win percentage this season

It seems that the oddsmaker tends to lean heavily toward C C Brown in this situation especially when the distance is 1 Mile or better on the Turf

Also, back to back wins seem to be followed by a loss and recently wins have been happening at every other attempt

So if the pattern holds, in theory anyway, the next attempt should be a loss and the one after will be a win....I guess we will see

It always looks good when you draw it up but the actual results sometimes tell a different story
Old 05-24-2017, 08:12 PM   #5
TheOracle

Quote:
Since June 18 2016, the Morning Line 2/1's on the Turf going less than 1 Mile at Belmont have won 17 of their last 29 races

I am keeping a very close eye on this situation and hopefully there will be a few more wins coming before the trend goes cold!!!

There are 2 Morning Line 2/1's listed at Belmont tomorrow they are both going at distances less than 1 Mile on the Turf

Race 4
#7 Paz the Wine

Race 6
#5 Reckless Humor

There is a very strong possibility of rain tomorrow in the Tri-State Area so I'm sure these will come off the Turf

If they do keep them on the Turf, a win by #7 Paz the Wine would make it 4 wins in a row for the Morning Line 2/1's in this situation which might be a lot to ask

However, a loss by #7 Paz the Wine would make me look at #5 Reckless Humor with a little bit more interest

Let's see what happens!!!

Last edited by TheOracle; 05-24-2017 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:36 PM   #6
TheOracle

Quote:
There are 2 Morning Line 2/1's listed at Belmont tomorrow they are both going at distances less than 1 Mile on the Turf

Race 4
#7 Paz the Wine

Race 6
#5 Reckless Humor

There is a very strong possibility of rain tomorrow in the Tri-State Area so I'm sure these will come off the Turf

If they do keep them on the Turf, a win by #7 Paz the Wine would make it 4 wins in a row for the Morning Line 2/1's in this situation which might be a lot to ask

However, a loss by #7 Paz the Wine would make me look at #5 Reckless Humor with a little bit more interest

Let's see what happens!!!
Well #7 Paz the Wine raced on the Dirt and #5 Reckless Humor was scratched so neither will not qualify for the study!!!
Old 05-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #7
TheOracle

Quote:
Well #7 Paz the Wine raced on the Dirt and #5 Reckless Humor was scratched so neither will not qualify for the study!!!
Correction neither of these will qualify for the study
Old 05-27-2017, 10:27 AM   #8
TheOracle

Quote:

There is a Morning Line ending in 5 in a Stakes race today on the Turf at Belmont

8th race
#8 Big Handsome

However, there hasn't been back to back wins since September 22nd 2016 so if the pattern holds this should be a loss and the one after this should be a win

Let's see if #8 Big Handsome can break the pattern with back to back wins!!!
Old 05-27-2017, 11:13 AM   #9
TheOracle

Quote:

There are 2 Morning Line 2/1's listed at Belmont today they are both going at distances less than 1 Mile on the Turf

1st race
#4 The Crocheron Kid

5th race
#6 Shiraz

I have my doubts about #4 The Crocheron Kid since a win today would make it 4 wins in a row for the Morning Line 2/1's in this situation and back to back wins have been followed by losses not wins

However, if #4 The Crocheron Kid were to lose I would be very interested too see if #6 Shiraz would be able to get the streak going again in this situation!!!

This is all provided that the 1st and 5th races stay on the Turf!!!
Old 05-27-2017, 09:19 PM   #10
TheOracle

Quote:
There is a Morning Line ending in 5 in a Stakes race today on the Turf at Belmont

8th race
#8 Big Handsome

However, there hasn't been back to back wins since September 22nd 2016 so if the pattern holds this should be a loss and the one after this should be a win

Let's see if #8 Big Handsome can break the pattern with back to back wins!!!
Well #8 Big Handsome broke the pattern and gave us back to back wins in Stakes races on the Turf at Belmont for the Morning Line Favorites ending in 5 it is the first time this has happened since September 22nd 2016

It only paid $8 across the board but the way I've been going I will gladly take a 33% return on the day

So now, 18 of the last 21 have finished no worse than 2nd

Congratulations to those who saw the play and were able to make a profit!!!
Old 05-27-2017, 09:37 PM   #11
TheOracle

Quote:
There are 2 Morning Line 2/1's listed at Belmont today they are both going at distances less than 1 Mile on the Turf

1st race
#4 The Crocheron Kid

5th race
#6 Shiraz

I have my doubts about #4 The Crocheron Kid since a win today would make it 4 wins in a row for the Morning Line 2/1's in this situation and back to back wins have been followed by losses not wins

However, if #4 The Crocheron Kid were to lose I would be very interested too see if #6 Shiraz would be able to get the streak going again in this situation!!!

This is all provided that the 1st and 5th races stay on the Turf!!!

Well #4 The Crocheron Kid came through with a win and of course I didn't think of the scenario of what would happen if he won and what that would mean to the streak

So naturally the win made it 5 in a row for the Morning Line 2/1's going less than 1 Mile on the Turf at Belmont

However, #6 Shiraz snapped the win streak at 5 in a row as he finished off the board

A $2 win bet on this situation has given you a return of 39% for almost a year let's hope it keeps going!!!

Congratulations to those who saw the #4 The Crocheron Kid play and were able to make a profit!!!
Old 05-28-2017, 09:51 AM   #12
TheOracle

Quote:
I am listing some streaks that I have been following at Belmont to see if they would either continue to make profits or start to make profits

Some streaks have not made any profits due to not having any wins or a low number of wins for a particular situation

Since May 4th the Morning Lines ending in 5 have gone 0 for their last 7 in Claiming races on the Dirt at Belmont

Prior to May 4th, going back to all of 2016 at Belmont, the Morning Lines ending in 5 were winning at a rate of 41% in Claiming races on the Dirt.

Fast forward to this year and they are currently 1 for their last 9 in Claiming races on the Dirt

Currently they have lost 7 in a row since May 5th.

I am hoping they return to a win rate of at least 35% with some nice win streaks in between hopefully yielding close to a 20% return in the process

I will keep a watchful eye on this situation

There's a Morning Line ending in 5 in a Claiming race on the Dirt today at Belmont in the 3rd race

3rd race
#9 Bustin It

Let's see if #9 Bustin It can bust this trend wide open for some positive returns!!!
Old 05-28-2017, 09:44 PM   #13
TheOracle

Quote:
There's a Morning Line ending in 5 in a Claiming race on the Dirt today at Belmont in the 3rd race

3rd race
#9 Bustin It

Let's see if #9 Bustin It can bust this trend wide open for some positive returns!!!

Well #9 Bustin It busted through today for a win only paid $8.10 across the board

Sometimes you just have to take what they give you!!!

Let's see if a win streak emerges for the Morning Lines ending in 5 for Claimers on the Dirt in this situation!!!
Old 05-29-2017, 10:31 AM   #14
n.c

C Brown - 10 for 10 at place moneys stakes fav ml

20 dollar bet rolled over will be at over 250 dollars
n.c is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #15
TheOracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.c View Post
20 dollar bet rolled over will be at over 250 dollars
Hey N.C.

It seems C C Brown has 9 entered today but most of these will scratch as there has been quite a bit of rain in the Tri-State area today

Let's see which of these he leaves in to run today at Belmont!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: