Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 08:35 PM   #3976
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
No, they don't. They were religious people who believed Jesus existed. This is why they rewrote the gospels to reflect their heretical beliefs. The only thing they rejected was his form of existence.

You're moving the goal posts again! The "whole point" of the discussion isn't the theology of Christianity. The discussion is the existence of Christ! Stay on point, and quit equivocating.

I asked for one ancient source who denied Jesus' existence. You have not provided that. All you have provided is a group of heretics who denied his mode of existence -- not his existence itself.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:05 AM   #3977
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Definitely your speed and on your wavelength.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:26 PM   #3978
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Definitely your speed and on your wavelength.
Thank you. Comparing me to the great Monty Python is definitely a complement.

Get on with it.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:15 PM   #3979
boxcar

Quote:
Thank you. Comparing me to the great Monty Python is definitely a complement.

Get on with it.
"Great"? Shirely U. Jest. Grossly overrated would be more on target.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:50 PM   #3980
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
"Great"? Shirely U. Jest. Grossly overrated would be more on target.
Clearly you need more education. Here's lesson one. Enjoy.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #3981
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
The only thing they rejected was his form of existence.
Which they believed was supernatural. Now you have the burden of proving the supernatural exists.

Quote:
The "whole point" of the discussion isn't the theology of Christianity.
Wrong. The whole point is precisely Christianity. I don't see you posting about Scientology.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #3982
boxcar

Quote:
Which they believed was supernatural. Now you have the burden of proving the supernatural exists.

Wrong. The whole point is precisely Christianity. I don't see you posting about Scientology.
I don't have the burden of anything. Nor do I have to discuss the theology of Christianity. The core issue you have raised is whether Jesus existed or not -- not the form in which he existed, if in fact he existed. The Gnostics, which you foolishly have tried to use as your proof for his non-existence, very clearly believed Christ existed. The fact that they gave Christ ontological status, even though they denied his physicality due to their heretical beliefs, is your problem and you should take that issue up with a Gnostic. It's not my burden to prove the supernatural, it is theirs since YOU appealed to Gnosticism to try to prove your point. You should choose your comrades-in-arms more carefully.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:02 PM   #3983
boxcar

Quote:
Clearly you need more education. Here's lesson one. Enjoy.
Not from you or the world, I don't. What I need is to grow in the knowledge of God and in his grace.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:54 PM   #3984
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
The core issue you have raised is whether Jesus existed or not -- not the form in which he existed, if in fact he existed.
So you are willing to admit that Jesus existed only in a supernatural form. If that's what you believe then that's fine with me since you cannot possibly prove that the supernatural exists.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:52 AM   #3985
Actor
Librocubicularist

Old 09-25-2017, 01:55 AM   #3986
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I don't have the burden of anything.
He who makes the claim (that's you) has the burden of proof. You claim the supernatural exists. You have the burden of proof.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:45 AM   #3987
boxcar

Quote:
So you are willing to admit that Jesus existed only in a supernatural form. If that's what you believe then that's fine with me since you cannot possibly prove that the supernatural exists.
You are so duplicitous! By what logic do I have to subscribe to the Gnostic heresy that denied the humanity of Christ? The only thing a Gnostic and I have in common is that we both believed Christ existed, yet in different forms. Again...go find a Gnostic and duke it out with him with respect to the existence of spirits. Meanwhile...you appealing to Gnosticism, claiming their belief supports your view of Christ's non-existence, is an epic fail.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:50 AM   #3988
boxcar

Quote:
He who makes the claim (that's you) has the burden of proof. You claim the supernatural exists. You have the burden of proof.
The claim of the supernatural has nothing to do with Christ's existence in human form, which is my belief. Take up your problem with supernaturalism with a Gnostic. Why do illogically persist in trying to make the Gnostic's heresy of Dualism my problem?
Old 09-25-2017, 01:27 PM   #3989
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
The claim of the supernatural has nothing to do with Christ's existence in human form, which is my belief.
And which is not my belief. End of story.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #3990
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
You are so duplicitous!
That is an ad hominem attack and an invitation to a quarrel, the other definition of argument. Is that what you want? If so then say so. I will not participate.