Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-21-2017, 08:30 AM   #1
lamboguy

Mountaineer race cards

when they got forced to cutback their racing from 5 to 4 days a week they wound up making the most of it. they have been able to consistently put out 3 real good cards out of the 4 days. another thing that helped might have been getting rid of entry's. they do have a few high percentage trainers with a lot of horses, but they win less than 25% of the time.

i have to congratulate The Mountainman and the rest of the staff at the racing office for doing such a superior job this year. because i appreciate the hard work they put in, its the only track i am playing now on a consistent basis.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2017, 08:59 AM   #2
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
when they got forced to cutback their racing from 5 to 4 days a week they wound up making the most of it. they have been able to consistently put out 3 real good cards out of the 4 days. another thing that helped might have been getting rid of entry's. they do have a few high percentage trainers with a lot of horses, but they win less than 25% of the time.

i have to congratulate The Mountainman and the rest of the staff at the racing office for doing such a superior job this year. because i appreciate the hard work they put in, its the only track i am playing now on a consistent basis.
I thought you weren't betting until spring?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2017, 10:08 PM   #3
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

Joe and I make the most of our purses and stock.

Aside from that, we were given a perfect rating by the ntra investigators. For professionalism, correct procedure, integrity, and the respect we have earned from horsemen, they rated us a "model program."

In fact, I got the impression that they consider some of our policies almost TOO straight-laced and stringent.

We are very proud of that.

Last edited by mountainman; 09-23-2017 at 10:15 PM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2017, 11:48 PM   #4
TiffaniO
Queen B

I love MNR but my only complaint is that often in short fields, when there's 2 standouts, and two certain jocks are on these favs... they will give head scratching rides to these 2 chalks... and the one in particular who will one race ride the horse down the lane like he owns him... then in these situations he seems like he's out for a stroll...

Same thing used To happen with this jock when the former leading rider was there...however back then he was playing Robin to Batman but now he's Batman and there's a new Robin.
TiffaniO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 10:19 AM   #5
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaniO View Post
I love MNR but my only complaint is that often in short fields, when there's 2 standouts, and two certain jocks are on these favs... they will give head scratching rides to these 2 chalks... and the one in particular who will one race ride the horse down the lane like he owns him... then in these situations he seems like he's out for a stroll...

Same thing used To happen with this jock when the former leading rider was there...however back then he was playing Robin to Batman but now he's Batman and there's a new Robin.
These jocks stay nameless because you are afraid of offending them??
Old 09-24-2017, 12:56 PM   #6
TiffaniO
Queen B

I don't name them because I don't keep making the same mistakes... and in 5 and 6 horse fields, when these two are on 2 standouts, I toss them now and I've made a few scores now...

You're a smart guy when it comes to handicapping... you have to realize the same thing and if not, once you watch it carefully, you will become enlightened.

If I give everyone the names, there goes my edge.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:37 PM   #7
Lafecs

If Quinones is Batman, who's Robin? I love what Mountaineer does, my only beef is their consistently whacky track bias.
Lafecs is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 11:44 PM   #8
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafecs View Post
If Quinones is Batman, who's Robin? I love what Mountaineer does, my only beef is their consistently whacky track bias.

Nothing more boring or edgeless than a track with no bias, or one that doesn't shift.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 11:56 PM   #9
Lafecs

Yeah I hear you, but is the inside EVER good at the mountain?
Lafecs is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 12:06 AM   #10
Zaf
Pace Cappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
Joe and I make the most of our purses and stock.

Aside from that, we were given a perfect rating by the ntra investigators. For professionalism, correct procedure, integrity, and the respect we have earned from horsemen, they rated us a "model program."

In fact, I got the impression that they consider some of our policies almost TOO straight-laced and stringent.

We are very proud of that.

Z
Old 09-25-2017, 01:08 AM   #11
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Inside is good when it's wet fast or very sloppy but when it starts drying out, it usually goes back outside again...

However recently I'd say the bias hasn't been that bad... leaders get out a couple paths but it's not the further out the better, like it is at times... however, I'd prefer it that way!
Old 09-25-2017, 01:09 AM   #12
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey View Post
Nothing more boring or edgeless than a track with no bias, or one that doesn't shift.
I agree
Old 10-16-2017, 08:17 PM   #13
TiffaniO
Queen B

There it is again...

Race 4; $$$$$$
Old 10-17-2017, 10:18 AM   #14
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaniO View Post
Race 4; $$$$$$
I knocked the Shilling-trained favorite on the air and tabbed the 9/2 winner on top. Predictable race.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:23 AM   #15
Elliott Sidewater

Quote:
YES, read last night's charts and I think you'll get the evidence that the inside can be good.
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: