Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-25-2014, 11:37 AM   #76
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
I hope everyone participating in this thread realizes by now that Roger will not be fired. Frankly, the incessant screams from the mob to fire him are silly. He made a mistake to use standard protocol for punishment rather than set a new bar.
You are right. Goodell will likely not be fired.

You are also wrong. There should be lots of screaming for his head.
Ray Rice's instance is just one of 57 cases of Domestic Violence that this commissioner has presided over.
You'd think that he's had lots of time to digest the ramifications of Domestic Violence on society.
But no he really hasn't recognized the dreadfulness of it until the public outcry that came after the recent video surfaced.
It shouldn't take him and his advisors until the Super Bowl to come up with protocols and punishments for this type of abuse.
If he were serious about it, he'd get it done this month.
The urgency to put those guidelines in place, still hasn't sunk in with this dude who is being paid $44 million a year.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #77
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
you guys need a life. SERIOUSLY need a life. Go rain on someone else's parade. This parade is finished.

If some of you would be even slightly objective about some of these discussions, you'd be taken a whole hell of a pot more seriously. I'm talking about the BKS post. Holy crap.
Weeks ago, while rolling out, again, that the rest of us, here, were wrong about Penn State's travesty of abuse, along with those involved in its coverup, you announced, (after many months) that Joe Paterno's son (or grandson?) was your roommate while enrolled there and that you are very close to this family who has "suffered more than enough". Upon this admission, though slow in coming, its my opinion that your credibility was done as there is/was no possible way for bias not to enter into your comments. It became evident, you would argue with a sign post, and.. with the hole after you dug it up.

Do you have a family member or close friend that plays in the NFL, too?

Either way, it seems you lack the same such understanding of domestic violence and the other issues that plague the organization.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #78
cj's dad

You know Grits, I also was wondering if Roger Goodell was a PSU grad.

This is the same logic why I find it difficult to get upset with Obama. He and I were close friends at Harvard, or was it Yale ?
Old 09-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #79
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Weeks ago, while rolling out, again, that the rest of us, here, were wrong about Penn State's travesty of abuse, along with those involved in its coverup, you announced, (after many months) that Joe Paterno's son (or grandson?) was your roommate while enrolled there and that you are very close to this family who has "suffered more than enough". Upon this admission, though slow in coming, its my opinion that your credibility was done as there is/was no possible way for bias not to enter into your comments. It became evident, you would argue with a sign post, and.. with the hole after you dug it up.

Do you have a family member or close friend that plays in the NFL, too?

Either way, it seems you lack the same such understanding of domestic violence and the other issues that plague the organization.
I get it. On DV, you'd rather be offended by the party with the least effect on DV rather than the ones with the most effect. You know, like the criminal justice system. Talk about a credibility gap!
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #80
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJofSD
You can read, can't you?

The thread is about the NFL commissioner. Not the NJ legislature, not any local DA, not the sponsors or even about domestic violence.

Respect my position? Find some one that cares -- I certainly don't.
That is the point isn't it? It is a thread about the NFL commissioner and domestic violence, and how his policies can affect DV from happening. You know what? There is no policy that Goodell can or will implement that can end or diminish DV in America. NONE. That is up to the legislatures, the criminal justice system, and society in general to control.

You may now return to your pointless tirade against Goodell.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2014, 08:59 PM   #81
Dark Horse

I stopped watching the NBA when it became clear that the control the refs had over the outcome was disproportionate to the efforts by the players. To put it kindly. Guess what. All the new penalties in the NFL have placed that league in the same boat. Too easy to rig.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply