Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > 2014 PaceAdvantage Challenge Series, sponsored by RDSS > RDSS Match Play Championship (September 24 to October 26)

Poll: Will I waive the requirement that my opponent only pick Whobet races with free PPs?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Will I waive the requirement that my opponent only pick Whobet races with free PPs?

Old 09-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Past Performance Waiver

Contest rules require that only races where free Past Performances are available on Whobet can be used as contest races.

Verifying that subject races ARE available on Whobet can sometimes be cumbersome, and often the number of tracks listed have less than 5 races with free PPs, thus limiting what can be used for contest races.

As an option, a player may willingly waive his/her right to insist that only Whobet races with free PPs be allowed as contest races. By doing so, they are giving their opponent the authorization to choose any track/races, as along as they are all thoroughbred races, all come from the same track, and that the track is US/Canadian. When waiving this right, it will be in effect over the entire length of the contest.

There is no pressure for a player to waive this right. Also, if you forget to participate and you had planned to vote "No", don't worry, as it is the current default rule in effect.

NOTE: Please do not participate in this poll until you know for sure whether or not you made the field of 32.

P.S. I might be the only one who waives this right, but that is ok, even if I know it just made it easier for my opponents.

Last edited by Track Collector; 09-19-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Track Collector is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
MONEY

Oops!
Sorry I voted before I read the thread.
I have never used Whobet's site.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:57 AM   #3
Track Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY
Oops!
Sorry I voted before I read the thread.
I have never used Whobet's site.
OK. So let us know whether your "Yes" vote stands, or whether you do not want to allow the waiver.

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2014, 02:08 AM   #4
Track Collector

Just thought I would add a comment so that everyone is clear about this waiver. It means you are granting your opponent (when it is his/her turn to select which track and races will be played), the authority to use other tracks and races which do not have free Past Performances available on the Whobet website.

When it is YOUR turn to select the track and races, YOU must still use only tracks and races which have free Past Performances on the Whobet site unless YOUR OPPONENT has granted YOU a waiver.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:18 AM   #5
mudcat

I would waiver only if opponent does. sorry I miss read the poll
Old 09-20-2014, 09:42 AM   #6
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector
OK. So let us know whether your "Yes" vote stands, or whether you do not want to allow the waiver.
Thanks!
My yes vote stands, the mistake was not reading the below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector
NOTE: Please do not participate in this poll until you know for sure whether or not you made the field of 32.
I do not know for sure whether or not you made the field of 32.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

For the record, here is the link to WhoBet's FreePP links page:

http://www.trks2day.com/trks2day.html
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #8
JETSWIN

If a vote is no waive would the last part of (rule#4) be in effect? a player can allow another to select any races only if approved?
JETSWIN is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #9
Track Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSWIN
If a vote is no waive would the last part of (rule#4) be in effect? a player can allow another to select any races only if approved?
I'm not sure if I understand your question, but I'll give a situation that may address it.

Let's say Whobet has free Past Performances on 09/xx for Belmont races 1,3,4, and 7. Can the 2 involved players, even though the "home" player has not granted a waiver by voting "yes", mutually agree to add race 6 to the above races to make up the required number of 5 races required for a match? The answer is YES. The key here is "mutual" agreement". If the "visiting" player does not agree, then the home player would need to select a different track that had at least 5 races with free Whobet PPs.

To help you understand the logic of the rules, the purpose of requiring free Whobet PPs was so that a player would not have to spend a significant amount of money over the contest for PPs they normally do not have. The purpose of the waiver poll was simply eliminate the need to ask a player every time if they required free PPs or not.

Finally, 2 players have a lot of flexibility between themselves to do a number of different things, as long as the basic contest rules (like 5 total races coming from the same track) were not violated.

I hope this attempted explanation helps!
Old 09-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #10
JETSWIN

yes all clear, thanks tc
JETSWIN is offline   Reply With Quote Reply