Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 10-26-2018, 12:53 PM   #16
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Well, if you are trying to circumvent your parents' consent and assistance in your handicapping venture, my humble advice is: DON'T. And if they are supportive of what you do -- well then, they could provide an adult's credit card for data purchases, which payments you should be responsible for (and insist that whatever software or tools you use - pay for itself).

Or, whatever arrangements you already make to purchase things over the internet ...

As you know, I don't really care if you continue to use RDSS. I'm just trying to be helpful.

Cheers,

Ted
Well, I don't think my parents are convinced about your software. Thank you Ted for letting me have a trial run and appreciate you helping me these past few months. In 2019, I will probably be doing back testing on the data I have saved. Sorry to disappoint.
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2018, 12:58 PM   #17
Ted Craven

I am not disappointed. I wish you all the best!

Ted

Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #18
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
I am not disappointed. I wish you all the best!

Ted

Ted, you always are a positive guy, no matter the subject.....How do you do it?...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2018, 01:54 PM   #19
Ted Craven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Ted, you always are a positive guy, no matter the subject.....How do you do it?...

(Seriously, have never touched the stuff!)

Not sure: positive self-image, no need to be defensive; the 'other guy' could be your brother; show others how you wish to be treated by the way you treat them; we've ALL been 16 .

Ted

Old 10-26-2018, 02:01 PM   #20
linrom1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Been looking at this but keep pushing myself to buy the system
https://rpmhandicappinggiant.com/sec...utuel-windows/

I feel like this is another scam, but this one sounds like it isn't
https://rpmhandicappinggiant.com/int...ge-gambling-1/

Can someone tell me if these are any good. Thank you!
LOL! Just don't ask a handicapping question here!
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2018, 02:05 PM   #21
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrom1 View Post
LOL! Just don't ask a handicapping question here!
Then where do I get a wise opinion from if its NOT HERE???? I want answers from the wise in human and not from Google.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:12 PM   #22
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Then where do I get a wise opinion from if its NOT HERE???? I want answers from the wise in human and not from Google.

Go back to every thread you started and re-read each reply....The answers are right in front of you.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:33 PM   #23
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Go back to every thread you started and re-read each reply....The answers are right in front of you.
Good idea! Thank you!
Old 10-26-2018, 03:01 PM   #24
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Good idea! Thank you!
When you get done, why don't you post a full summary of what you found. After you post that, other PAer's might feel inclined to fill in the gaps of ideas/items that may have been overlooked.....Time to get busy, BC coming right up.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:00 PM   #25
lefty359

Checkmark, bght a few things from RPM that I liked. But he does offer a refund less a small restocking fee. All his software uses Bris $1 files.
lefty359 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2018, 08:20 PM   #26
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Well, if you are trying to circumvent your parents' consent and assistance in your handicapping venture, my humble advice is: DON'T. And if they are supportive of what you do -- well then, they could provide an adult's credit card for data purchases, which payments you should be responsible for (and insist that whatever software or tools you use - pay for itself).

Or, whatever arrangements you already make to purchase things over the internet ...

As you know, I don't really care if you continue to use RDSS. I'm just trying to be helpful.

Cheers,

Ted
What in the entire hell is this?

CheckMark if you really want some learning and teaching, there are several on here that can put you through the grinder without a credit card payment.

I know I'm not the greatest handicapper on the planet, and I'm not going to sell you a damn thing. What I will do is coach/teach you through a form or replays to your heart's content.

PM me, and I'd be more than willing to give you as much knowledge as my near 35 years of handicapping have given me.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2018, 11:51 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
What in the entire hell is this?

CheckMark if you really want some learning and teaching, there are several on here that can put you through the grinder without a credit card payment.
Ted sells software. He runs a business. But you probably knew that already after being here for a number of years.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:49 AM   #28
Ted Craven

I offered CheckMark free software, free data for a period and free mentoring by me and several others - out of interest in attempting to foster learning and love of the game by a younger generation (and maybe because he reminded me of myself at an earlier age, as I wrote elsewhere). We've spent a few hours online learning my software (or, scratching the surface), so I know who he is, know what he looks like, corresponded with his parents about it all as would be appropriate in all circumstances.

The credit card discussion was only about him saying he had no way to buy data himself from TrackMaster after his comp data period (about a whole year's worth) ran out so he was looking for new tools, which confused me a bit since he'd always have to buy data somewhere for most software tools, or even BRIS or DRF or TFUS report data.

I'm not selling him anything, right now. Maybe never if he doesn't find my software or help useful. No worries.

He can respond if he chooses what help or what use I've been, though he needn't, nor will I.

But I think it's a good idea to reach out to a younger generation if one has the means and desire - so kudos to anyone who does so!

Ted

Old 10-28-2018, 09:58 AM   #29
headhawg
crusty old guy

I will go ahead and say it -- that was a lot of effort and generosity, especially knowing that payoff on the business end was likely very low. Kudos Ted.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:29 AM   #30
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
I will go ahead and say it -- that was a lot of effort and generosity, especially knowing that payoff on the business end was likely very low. Kudos Ted.
Amen! Ted=Class act

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: