Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #61
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Yes, since that is where the PA crowd is stationed. It isn't exactly convenient to walk from the festival tent to the grandstand and back 10 or 11 times a day.
Agreed - just wanted to point out that there are a few decent, modern TVs in the place.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #62
Dexter M
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
It might be time that they try not to inconvenience the players when they run a charity event. is that too much to ask?
it was one day. you guys are really making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Dexter M is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #63
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter M
I hope you don't run customer service somewhere. It doesn't really matter what you think if the customers think it was bad. Sure, it was only one day, but for those that only go a few days it stunk.

As I've said, it wasn't done with malcontent to piss off customers. It was a minor oversight that I'm sure will be corrected. However, if nobody says anything, it wouldn't be corrected. Some people in this thread are over the top, no doubt about it. Even so, it needed to be said or it would happen again.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #64
Dexter M
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
It isn't beside the point. I agree way too much is being made of it here, but people pay money to sit in the tent. It isn't like it is a short walk to the inside in those crowds.

I'm not going to beat on NYRA for trying to do a good thing, but they could do it in a more fan friendly way next year....wear pink pants and helmets if owners don't want to give up the silks for a day.

If you sit in the tent that you paid for and watch races all day that you bet good money on, and you can't hear the calls (you can't), you should be able to at the very least identify your horse on the TV screen. Again, I'm sure the decision wasn't made with the intent to irritate people. However, since that was the result, it should probably be thought about more diligently before it is done again.
it is beside the point, because the point is way too much is being made of this, which you agree with.

i have never sat in the tent, nor would, so i cant speak on that. but i do know there are hundreds of tv's in the place. they all cant be bad.

no matter what happens someone will complain. you cant appease everyone but i have to say i am surprised at this reaction from people. seems excessive in my opinion.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #65
Dexter M
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I hope you don't run customer service somewhere. It doesn't really matter what you think if the customers think it was bad. Sure, it was only one day, but for those that only go a few days it stunk.

As I've said, it wasn't done with malcontent to piss off customers. It was a minor oversight that I'm sure will be corrected. However, if nobody says anything, it wouldn't be corrected. Some people in this thread are over the top, no doubt about it. Even so, it needed to be said or it would happen again.
you cant please everyone. the only complaints i have seen are by a few on here and after reading some of their past posts it seems like complaining is most of the reason they post.

it was no big deal.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #66
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Yep, one of the two days I was there, I couldn't for the life of me figure out who the he'll was running. You may take notice that those who were there are the most upset about it. You commenting from the peanut gallery is just useless yapping since you have no first hand experience.

Fifty percent of the races I drove 7 hours to watch were a waste to try and watch. Think about it.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #67
MadWorld

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Fifty percent of the races I drove 7 hours to watch were a waste to try and watch. Think about it.
Was it really "a waste" trying to watch them or an inconvenience? I think that is what the other poster is referring to.

If everyone that had an issue with it writes a polite email to nyra, it probably would be addressed for any future events.
MadWorld is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #68
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
also, you don't have to memorize all the silks. the silks colors are listed in most pps and you could always see what silks the jocks were wearing in the post parade before the race.
We are paying CUSTOMERS.
Why should we have to ANYTHING to compensate for poor management decisions?
Old 08-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #69
Dexter M
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Yep, one of the two days I was there, I couldn't for the life of me figure out who the he'll was running. You may take notice that those who were there are the most upset about it. You commenting from the peanut gallery is just useless yapping since you have no first hand experience.

you might need glasses then, because the silks werent that difficult to figure out.

i watched every race that day and bet a few of them. i wasnt inconvienced at all.

complaining ad nauseum about something that was done without malice and for a really good cause seems like useless yapping to me.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #70
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Yeah, the day we were there.
People drove for hours, some flew in, most of us paid for hotel room.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #71
Dexter M
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
We are paying CUSTOMERS.
Why should we have to ANYTHING to compensate for poor management decisions?
i dont think it was a poor decision and i dont think looking for silks is a big deal.

but im not a whiny baby either, so maybe that is where our miscommunication is coming from.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #72
Dexter M
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Yeah, the day we were there.
People drove for hours, some flew in, most of us paid for hotel room.
whine, whine, whine.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #73
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
you might need glasses then, because the silks werent that difficult to figure out. Wrong. For you, at home, maybe, but again, you have no clue because you were not there.

i watched every race that day and bet a few of them. i wasnt inconvienced at all. Good for you. Where did you watch? Were you in a crowd, looking up at a small TV 10 feet high with people in front of you? You said "most" PPs have the silk colors - mine did not.

complaining ad nauseum about something that was done without malice and for a really good cause seems like useless yapping to me.YOU seem to be the one complianing about us ad nauseum.
Clues for the clueless.....
Old 08-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #74
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
whine, whine, whine.
Seems to apply more to you than anyone.
Which troll were you in your former life here again?
Old 08-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #75
Dexter M
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Seems to apply more to you than anyone.
Which troll were you in your former life here again?
im putting you on the ignore list. i suggest you do the same. or at least preface your posts with "here comes a whine."