Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 11-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Pace Appraiser Free Daily Program

You can get on free card a day, just buy the file and upload it. You get the new PP format output, for those wanting to to try it out.

I did AQU yesterday.

Hey Partsnuts, I see a new running style now - E/P/C. You heard what this is? New to me.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
Tom Barrister
Veteran

That was there when I was trying the program. Their methodology lists all running styles that the horse has run well at. An E/P/C (for those who are unfamiliar, "C" is a deep closer, the same as the more commonly known "S" Sustained style) has run will up front, midpack, and from far back. Such horses are considered by the methodology to be "unknowns" who can't generally be quantified for purposes of pace pressure.
Tom Barrister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I'm looking at the 11 in R1 at Aqu Saturday...no way I'd call him anything worse than an E/P.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #4
Tom Barrister
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I'm looking at the 11 in R1 at Aqu Saturday...no way I'd call him anything worse than an E/P.
I agree. The horse should be an E or possibly EP. The alogrithm that selects the running styles must see consider the second-place finish in the second race back to be a "good effort".
Tom Barrister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2008, 08:50 AM   #5
richrosa

Its a bit unclear from the vendors website about what this program actually does. From what I can tell you pay $20 a month to add your BRIS PP's to their java program and they restructure the PP to look differently with some pace elements.

The question is, is there any added value analysis, or are they just presenting you with the BRIS data tailored to the way a pace handicapper might view it?
richrosa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2008, 11:36 AM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

No, he adds his own stuff to the PP - races shapes, pace pictures, running styles, speed fig range, and the fast/slow pace are not BRIS or TSN, but his own, based on his multipliers.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #7
Partsnut
BetMix User

Tom:
Quote:
Hey Partsnuts, I see a new running style now - E/P/C. You heard what this is? New to me.
E/P/C type horses exhibit versatility as to it's running style. Depending on how the race sets up, the horses PCZ (pace comfort zone), the pace velocity figure and the paceline used in todays race. The horse would also have to be speed competitive with a representative finish as well.
All these factors will quantify how that horse should run today.

The more you use Randy's method the better you will get at it.
You have to understand it and get a feel for it.

All I can tell you that it works for me. I also realize that what works for me won't work for everyone. Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited by Partsnut; 12-01-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply