Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:57 PM   #751
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Everybody is entitled to make money. The problem is people in politics who are raving hypocrites about it and who lie about it and who cheat and break laws to maintain their positions of power to make even more money.
you right. Dick Cheney leaving government to become CEO of Haliburton then Coming back to government. Once your out you can never come back, how's that? NO Clinton then NO Bushes ever. No relatives can ever run and why don't congress pass term limits? And if you hate Washington don't go there, how bout Cruz and Rubio promise that.

There's plenty to go around, Bernie will take care of that. have them take a walk to the killing fields
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2016, 07:07 PM   #752
ebcorde
Veteran

I thought Hillary would clobber bernie with

the minority vote. I may be wrong. Heard Al Sharpton speak, Bernie was with MLK and supported Jesse Jackson when he ran. whoa, had no idea. I now picture him with a beret and a raised black fisted glove.

One of my sons still in college says the kids are going wild about Bernie, they want a revolution. This will be fun. feeeeel the burn.

she's in big trouble. By hating Obama conservatives created a problem, Conservatives play Obama, Clinton as far left, and democrats have them in the middle. Swung the door wide open for the real deal. Just like Russia 1917.

and wait till Trump says "suckers , I've been a Democrat all long" and no one will care.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2016, 07:08 PM   #753
azeri98

The Republicans are just as crooked as the Democrats, maybe more, just once I would like to see either one of them cut subsidies to big business, (oil) is just one example, they are all bought and paid for except Trump and Bernie, at least they have their own ideas, good or bad. The other guys are pushing someone else's agenda. In other words a F'n puppet.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-10-2016, 07:18 PM   #754
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Sanders has ZERO chance to win a general election.
Just as in 2012 it's millennials who will decide the next election. They are Sanders supporters.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:52 AM   #755
reckless
Veteran

Hillary! You Go, Girl!

"My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked! My proudest accomplishment in which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know… the remnants of prior situations and mind-sets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have overlooked the bigger picture, and we didn't do that, and I'm proud of that. Very proud. I would say that's A major accomplishment."

-- Hillary Clinton, March 11, 2014
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2016, 12:06 PM   #756
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
"My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked! My proudest accomplishment in which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know… the remnants of prior situations and mind-sets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have overlooked the bigger picture, and we didn't do that, and I'm proud of that. Very proud. I would say that's A major accomplishment."

Wha ???
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2016, 12:10 PM   #757
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz
Wha ???
Don't ask me, ask Hillary supporters what she said and meant. There are many here on PA that says she's the next president of the USA.

Hillary! is ignorant and incoherent in addition to being corrupt, immoral and a lifelong failure.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2016, 12:23 PM   #758
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz
Wha ???
The big picture. She saw the big picture.
That was her and Bill getting stinking rich by selling off American secrets and favors, and not letting 4 dead American stop them.

The big picture. Not letting 35,000 emails get n the way of her election.
Not dwelling on stupid little things like laws, morality, integrity....

The big picture. Not letting the inconvenience of vote results in a primary and caucus stop you - even if you have to steal votes.

At this point, what difference does it make?
Old 02-11-2016, 12:24 PM   #759
OntheRail

Quote:

She's just so tickled to have a Participation Certificate as S.o.S and a Trophy for Linguistical Dodge-ball. Slick Willie & DB... what a pair of Mooks
Old 02-11-2016, 12:33 PM   #760
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
The big picture. She saw the big picture.
That was her and Bill getting stinking rich by selling off American secrets and favors, and not letting 4 dead American stop them.

The big picture. Not letting 35,000 emails get n the way of her election.
Not dwelling on stupid little things like laws, morality, integrity....

The big picture. Not letting the inconvenience of vote results in a primary and caucus stop you - even if you have to steal votes.

At this point, what difference does it make?
Well Said... Tom
Old 02-11-2016, 01:28 PM   #761
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
The problem is people in politics who are raving hypocrites about it and who lie about it and who cheat and break laws to maintain their positions of power to make even more money.

Governments are the only entities that can legally kill and steal. This fact is why they attract a certain kind of person -- a person who craves power and money.

This is why it is hard to trust any politician.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2016, 03:50 PM   #762
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
How can we prove it when the FBI did not investigate him?

Here are the facts.
Haliburton got the large Military contracts for the Afghanistan and Iraq war.
without BIDDING ON THE JOB THAT'S FUNNELING MONEY

DIVEST HIMSELF? OH, THAT OLD TRICK, HE'S NEUTRAL NOW. YOU BETCHA! TRUST HIM. YOU BETCHA! LIKE HIS EXCUSE FOR THE 3-4 VIETNAM DEFERMENTS, SOMETHING ABOUT RAISING A FAMILY HA HA.

YET THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE BECAUSE GRANNY GOT PAID WELL FOR A SPEECH
Nobody wants a granny for president.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2016, 03:52 PM   #763
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
I may be wrong.
I smell a common theme.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:53 PM   #764
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

In other words...another Bush-bash.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:28 PM   #765
delayjf

Quote:
Here are the facts.
Halliburton got the large Military contracts for the Afghanistan and Iraq war.
without BIDDING ON THE JOB THAT'S FUNNELING MONEY
Apparently not, according to the source below. The Iraq / Afghanistan war contracts were extensions of existing contracts that Halliburton had won previously in an open bid. In fact, it was CLINTON who awarded non-bid contracts to Halliburton for Bosnia / Serbia conflict.

Quote:
When Factcheck.org checked the facts about allegations by Democrats that there was a scandal because of the "no-bid" contracts awarded to Halliburton they stated, "It is false to imply that Bush personally awarded a contract to Halliburton. The ‘no-bid contract’ in question is actually an extension of an earlier contract to support U.S. troops overseas that Halliburton won under open bidding. In fact, the notion that Halliburton benefited from any cronyism has been poo-poohed by a Harvard University professor, Steven Kelman, who was administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy in the Clinton administration. ‘One would be hard-pressed to discover anyone with a working knowledge of how federal contracts are awarded...who doesn't regard these allegations as being somewhere between highly improbable and utterly absurd,’ Kelman wrote in the Washington Post last November." (Emphasis added.)

The Center for Public Integrity another public interest group also investigated the purported scandal of the Halliburton "no-bid" contracts. They wrote:

In Iraq, Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg Brown & Root (KBR) has been awarded five contracts worth at least $10.8 billion, including more than $5.6 billion under the U.S. Army's Logistics Civil Augmentation Program (LOGCAP) contract, an omnibus contract that allows the Army to call on KBR for support in all of its field operations. When the Army needs a service performed, it issues a "task order," which lays out specific work requirements under the contract…From 1992 to 1997, KBR held the first LOGCAP contract awarded by the Army, but when it was time to renew the contract, the company lost in the competitive bidding process to DynCorp after the General Accounting Office reported in February 1997 that KBR had overrun its estimated costs in the Balkans by 32 percent (some of which was attributed to an increase in the Army's demands). KBR (obtained) the third LOGCAP contract in December 2001…n November 2002 the Army Corps of Engineers tasked KBR to develop a contingency plan for extinguishing oil well fires in Iraq…[O]n March 24, 2003, the Army Corps announced publicly that KBR had been awarded a contract to restore oil-infrastructure in Iraq, potentially worth $7 billion. The contract KBR received…would eventually include 10 distinct task orders. KBR did not come close to reaching the contract ceiling, billing just over $2.5 billion…The contract was awarded without submission for public bids or congressional notification. In their response to congressional inquiries, Army officials said they determined that extinguishing oil fires fell under the range of services provided under LOGCAP, meaning that KBR could deploy quickly and without additional security clearances.

Neither the Center for Public Integrity nor Factcheck.org determined anything sinister about Halliburton’s no-bid" contracts for the Iraq war. Two nonpartisan, nonaligned, public interest organizations have investigated the Halliburton allegations and found them to be specious allegations made for purely political purposes.

An L.A. Times op-ed of April 22 said, "Halliburton Received No-Bid Contracts During Clinton Administration For Work In Bosnia And Kosovo." An October 2003 article in the (Raleigh, NC) News & Observer quoted Bill Clinton's Undersecretary Of Commerce William Reinsch as saying "'Halliburton has a distinguished track record,' he said. 'They do business in some 120 countries. This is a group of people who know what they're doing in a difficult business. It's a particularly difficult business when people are shooting at you.'"
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply